A Field Theorists Perspective on Consciousness

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by pickledpie, Nov 30, 2013.

1. #341 Luvs2splooj, Jan 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2014
    So sayeth the all knowing MeIt. Prove it, I mean, that's what you guys are all about right? You are the most expert of trolls, if you truly had the clarity you wouldn't subscribe to Buddhism.

2. If you want to be one with everything, just melt, right? Better than asking a hot dog vendor...

3. Not really, i was just curious why you thought that state tied you into everythingness. Im fascinated by altered states both chemically induced and not.

Imo, lack of thought isnt nearly as impressive as the fact that were constantly bombarded by thoughts of all types. To me thats a closer connection to everything than not thinking.

Why not answer my question? I mean you care enough to keep coming back after you say you're done and gone, you care enough to talk about this feeling, so why not talk about the events and experiences that lead you to this?

I watched the last 4 minutes of this (even though I am pretty sure you haven't watched anything anyone who opposes you has posted) and don't totally disagree. As a "guru", he is putting a ton of fluff into what he is trying to say to sell it easier, but I am curious.. why would someone who has no preconceptions, no intentions, no anything about anything stoop to using the label of God or even defend it's use? The very moment you label something as outside of what it is, it's a preconception.

Listen to your guru son.. "Leave the truth in it's nakedness, as it is.. here, present, now." Un-fluff that and you could take that as saying to not label anything with your preconceptions. The unified field is consciousness? No, it's the unified field.. that has yet to even be proven. The universe is God? No, it's the universe.. Death is the beginning of the afterlife? No, it's death.

As an atheist, I don't believe in the afterlife. I believe in an infinite universe with infinite possibilities, but I'm not going to shape my life around a single possibility with no evidence. The afterlife could possibly be the way a specific religion claims it to be. The afterlife could be whatever it is that you believe will happen when you die. The afterlife could possibly be this collective consciousness. You could possibly carry all your memories and emotions over with you or they might simply be a product of your brain and body and get left behind. There might not even be an afterlife, but you might die and be instantly recycled into another life form. One of my favorite theories, is that there is an energy field in existence in the universe and the only matter it can "possess" is the building blocks that make up DNA. It's goal would be to exist as efficiently as possible, so it would have to slowly evolve DNA into the life we see today.. and your genes are your connection. When you die, you don't become one with the universe, only that you can relive any moment of your life, every moment of your parents' lives up to the point where you were born, every moment of your parents' parents, every moment of your parents' parents' parents, and so on all the way down to the very first strands of DNA and cells.. and the only way you can continue viewing reality from the afterlife is through your "seed" you spread. It could continue on for generations or end suddenly and randomly..

Plenty of possibilities to pick from and theorize on, but none have ever provided any kind of proof outside of a connection someone forms inside their brain.. so I'll settle for the belief that there is nothing after we die since that's what the lack of evidence points to, spend my time enjoying my life for what it is, and if there is something after when I die, awesome.. If not, then it's not like I can be bothered by it.

I will say I am noticing a pattern.. Those who try to force open mindedness usually come out the opposite of what they intended, meaning closed minded.

5. #345 MelT, Jan 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2014

:) Ahh. You mean by posting on-topic I'm a troll and not you?

Prove that I could teach you, without teaching you? How would that work?

No reasons yet why you want to cause trouble here? And there's the snide dig again, this time it's about Buddhism. You know your spiritual path isn't doing you much good if its making you like this.

MelT

6. #346 Timesplasher, Jan 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2014

Makes good sence to me as well. Were all caught up in this grey area... also seems desperate to think someone will awaken or explain sum form of spirituality to any listener bothered to fill there minds with a story. Maybe learnt behavior due to the cultures of religion sofetening the possiblity that somewhere, somehow here is a greater power waiting for you to start counting and go find it. Take away the learnt sentimentality of it and were an animal with an ability to imagine. We havent moved anywhere past this point yet. What even the question being answered. Sure anyone is really qualified to take personal wishes and connect them on a map is anymore beleivable than good book, song, few pages of the bible :)  Its funny really. Whats going on in someones head when they feel the need to explain a greater truth as if they can see the greater answer to a hypotheical stupid fking question. Then anser it without any personal bias. Even harder to present and believe it is an idea that requires a faith based beleif for it work otherwise it will just fade into trivia land.