FIRST GROW EVER *Grandmas Secret Garden

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by allgasnobreak, Nov 29, 2013.

1. Well I wanna get at least 50 grams per plant. I'll take a pic of my full setup later today, the GRANMAS SECRET GARDEN is the type of hydroponics grow box I'm using, here's a link: http://www.dealzer.com/grow-box/secret-garden-hydroponics-system.html

In all I have 12 lights. 6 for growing and then 6 for flowering.

-allGASnoBREAK

2. Just did a search, You didn't pay $650 for that crap did you? These hydro places are just ripping people off big time. Seriously that "grow box" that you just bought, the tent is probably $75, Maybe $30 for bulbs, and that hydro setup you could make for around $25. Growing a lot of weed requires good lighting. 6 CFL's won't do it, and certainly not for 9 plants. Furthermore there is no way you can fit 9 plants in that grow box. That MIGHT be big enough for 1 plant. No way 9. No trying to rain on your parade, but Grandma's Secret Garden is a scam apparently. That's maybe $200 worth of equipment. MAYBE $200, and it's not even a good setup for $200 at that. Seriously, and 5ftx5ft tent is $150, 1000W light $200, Fans, timers, building your own hydro setup $200. I don't understand why people go with these "expert grow boxes". You should have done more research. It's fine to start with if you want to grow a plant and don't expect much, but if you realistically think you're going to grow a bunch of plants and get anything from them you're going to need a different setup. 

3. Preciate that quality feedback. Gotta start somewhere I guess, may not be the best box but hey my money has already been spent so lets see how this grow goes. Not expecting to become a farmer over night, gradual progress is cool with me. All we can do is watch n see, should be interesting...

-allGASnoBREAK

4. #24 MyDogSmokesWeed, Nov 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2013
    If you're looking to get 2 oz per plant from 8 plants, so 16 oz. there is no way it's happening in that box. I don't think there is a grower on earth that can pull that off without adding tons of extra lighting. Sorry, but if you want to grow over a lb of weed you're going to need to buy correct equipment. You're going to want at least a 400W but likely a 600W, and realistically since you've never grown before a 1000W MH/HPS light if you're going to get 18 oz. Further, that little DWC (I'm assuming, it doesn't really say, another sign it's a shit site) can't do 9 plants. They're whole site is lies though. That box isn't growing 7 lbs of dried bud per year, and if it does, they aren't talking about marijuana. Also, if that grow box was capable of what they claimed there is no way a 70CFM fan could take away the stench of 9 plants. 

5. I feel ya. Your stats sound pretty legit, like I said tho there's no real high expectations for this grow other than having quality buds, quantity not my main focus. Here's a pic of my lights: ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1385821838.411889.jpg

-allGASnoBREAK

6. #26 MyDogSmokesWeed, Nov 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2013
    Sadly those bulbs are even worse than I thought. 6 x 14 watt bulbs = 84 watts total. General rule is you want 150 watts for the first plant and about 100 for each other. You've got about half the power you need to get 1 plant through flower. You may get something from it, but it likely won't be very good, and your plants will be stretched like a mofo. Sorry man. 

I assumed they were at least 23 watts each which would have given you almost enough for 1 plant, but not sure what to tell you. Get bigger bulbs for sure. I don't think those lights you were given will do much of anything. 

7. So even with the box being so small I still more light? Cause the distance from light to plant isn't far at all really, and I'm growing EASY RYDER which they say is perfect for this box since the plant squats. And I'm only growing 7 out of 9, think I can pull it off? If not which bulbs to go and buy?

-allGASnoBREAK

8. I only use cfl for seedlings but they're supposed to be a couple inches away max and idk what you can expect with 7 plants and 80 watts. For example I have 18 gallon totes with 4 planrs in each and its cramped.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. #29 allgasnobreak, Nov 30, 2013
    [quote name="MyDogSmokesWeed" post="19075454" timestamp="1385823441"]I only use cfl for seedlings but they're supposed to be a couple inches away max and idk what you can expect with 7 plants and 80 watts. For example I have 18 gallon totes with 4 planrs in each and its cramped. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app[/quote]Im gonna try the impossible then. Imma take a few pics later today, I got faith I can pull off 7 bushy squated plants lol. But imma juice up the lights, how much wattage per bulb since I'm using 6.-allGASnoBREAK

10. #30 molegrower, Nov 30, 2013
    [quote name="allgasnobreak" post="19075470" timestamp="1385823626"]Im gonna try the impossible then. Imma take a few pics later today, I got faith I can pull off 7 bushy squated plants lol. But imma juice up the lights, how much wattage per bulb since I'm using 6.-allGASnoBREAK[/quote]Go for at least 24w..32 watt even better.. what is being said is.. you won't get a large yeild AND crappy bud.. because there isn't enough light.. and you have no clue the nutes ppms, and ph.. we see it all as a waste of seeds, nutes, time, electricity.... not about giving it a whirl and see what happens.. 7 plants aren't gonna make it in those present conditions.. and way to many to start being new at growing.. best to chop a few down.. and keep a few of the stronger looking ones two at most.. like is being said....just suggestions.. and we aren't downing your abilities.. it's just the learning curve is too fast to wing it.. especially since you have no meters..

11. Honestly the bigger the better. Again, I don't know much about CFL's, but I'd go with the highest ACTUAL WATTAGE, NOT equivalent wattage. Big difference. I think 42W are the ones that are the highest wattage before they start getting really expensive. That's always been my issue with CFL is in order to get the good ones, they get expensive themselves. The highest actual wattage is best though. Then check the spectrum as well. If you used 42W though that would be around 250 which is still low for that many plants. I think the real issue will be that none of the lower stuff will get any light at all. You may end up with 7 colas, which isn't terrible, but in that size tend it's going to be tough to get high yields. I wouldn't veg very long though. It will get full in a hurry, especially once you switch to flower and they stretch. 

12. Just remember the size of each bulb.. if you have room for 12 total.. that size . Tri and stay with same actual size of the bulbs.. just go with the highest wattage that will still fit inside that cabinet.. I'm b thinking the easiest your gonna find are the 32watt ones.. local hardware store..

13. I don't think there is room for 12 bulbs. I think there is room for 6. They just give you 6 bulbs for veg and 6 for flowering. Could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure. 

14. Gotcha.. I haven't looked at the ad for it yet.. still seems small for what they offer..that's more of a cloner..

15. Yea it's really only room for 6 lights. I went out and bought four 46w lights today. Might try and mix em in tomorrow. The plants look healthy, only thing I'm really worried is that all 7 plants won't have room to grow. We will see, worst comes to worst I'll eliminate a few.

-allGASnoBREAK

16. That's my thoughts as well. Pretty bad when companies not only screw with people, but charge crazy amounts of money. That's why I always suggest HID lighting anyway. For the money you can't go wrong. Hell you can throw a 1000W light with a fan up and grow quite a bit of bud even if you don't know what you're doing. To get close to that 1GPW mark you have to dial things in. OP what kind of nutrients are you using? It may say, but I missed it. 

17. DAY 10, here we go❗️❗️❗️

Been in a boggled mindset lately, been taking in so much information on what equipment, wattage, fans etc to use. I bought few 46w lights today, night put em in the mix soon.

My ladies are really stretching out, seems to be growing gr8 to me. All the greens are vibrant, the one to the right has the most leaves I believe, a few others are extra squated. Will see if they stretch in the next few days.

For day 10 pics how am I looking

Side note: can't wait till my 'Co2 Booster' arrives. Taking my ladies to bloomville!!! ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1385855477.741641.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1385855494.258602.jpg

-allGASnoBREAK

• Like Like x 1
  18. Bring the light down.. you don't want them to stretch to much.. remember they will double size in flowering.. just more thoughts for ya.. Lol..

19. You want CFL's a couple inches away. Stretching is bad, especially when your tent is short. 

20. DAY 11

Lots if activity. Getting talker and bigger.

I used my new lights today. I could feel the temperature change, much warmerX hope that's a good thing.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1385934557.060823.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1385934581.038973.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1385934650.413710.jpg

THIS IS THE PIC OF THIS ONE PLANT THAT HAS SOME WEIRD COLOR CHANGES GOING ON... Any feedback??

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1385934669.261552.jpg

-allGASnoBREAK