headband sour diesel-opinions? (pic heavy) 1st soilless grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by bearleethinkin, Nov 29, 2013.

1. #1 bearleethinkin, Nov 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2013
    alright so im currently growing a single sour diesel and a single headband plant. the headband just sprouted today. and the sour diesel is exactly one week old. both are in 30% perlite, 30% vermiculite, and 40% composted peat moss? i know its not good to use but at the time i hadnt found the right store and had to settle. the nutrients that im going to be using this grow are all general organic brand nutes. bio thrive, for growing and blooming. calcium magnesium, bio root, bio weed, bio bud, bio marine, and black diamond. im using a econowing reflector with a 200 watt 6500k cfl feliz light. with 2 other 26 watt/ 75 watt equivalent and a 13.5 watt 3000k led light. more than likely late on in the grow i will purchase more lights for the veg stage. im using 3 four inch fans. they seem to have done a pretty good job so far. no excessive heat and the light bulbs are always pretty cool. the inside of the tent is covered with emergency blanket and will soon be covered with mylar. i have given the sour diesel plant one round of nutes. only biothrive, camg, bioroot, bioweed, biomarine and black diamond. i only gave them like 1/5 of what was called for because it calls for 5 ml per gallon. i only watered 1-1 1/2 liters the first time. the next time i water i will water with pure water. ill continue to post pics. any opinions and ideas on ways to make it better would be awesome.  1129130026.jpg 1129130028a.jpg 1129130028.jpg View attachment 1317533 1129130029a.jpg 1129130028b.jpg 1129130030.jpg 1129130027.jpg

2. so entry number two...i watered the sour diesel today. with two liters of water and again with 1/5 of what it calls for. the next few times i water will be with just pure water. the headband plant seems to have gotten a tiny bit smaller. is this enough growth for 24 hours? should it be more? im worried i dont have sufficient light. the pot its in, the coco pot, thats a pot that i can plant into another pot without removing the plant right? just curious. i got those as a promotional deal and didnt want to misuse them and i cant seem to find out any information about the smaller ones. any input is awesome. also how often should i water the seedling in that pot? whenever its dry and wet the whole medium or just use a sprayer and dampen it? 1129130030a.jpg 1130130508a.jpg 1130130508b.jpg 1130130508.jpg

3. also i wanted to ask, the stems on these two plants are purple but the temperature doesnt differ much and its never really below 73 degrees. max 82 degrees. what could be the problem with this?

4. So I transplanted both plants into one gallon pots and in some cocotek and ran a liter of water through both. Both are still highly moist. Lowered light to about two inches...

Sent from my LGL86C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

5. Why is my sour diesel plant so small? I did fim about two weeks ago...But shouldn't it pick up by now?

Sent from my LGL86C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. alright so I missed day three so day four. watered with ph neutral water only today. received 20% runoff. I needed the extra space fir a few days so I took the smaller pot out of the one gallon pot. Will replace on Wednesday. Sent from my LGL86C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. can anyone tell me why my sprout won't stretch? even with the light source 5 inches away it is still fairly short...still too close?Sent from my LGL86C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

8. is anyone out there at all???Sent from my LGL86C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. I don't know heaps but I guess my response is more helpful than none.. I would say 5 inches is too close, it will try and find the light so the further away it is the more it will grow, well that is if you don't have it too far away. it looks like you might have it a bit close because of those little faded patches on it more than likely mean that it is getting a bit burnt.Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. I'm subbed by the way. :) Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. alright I'm going to put it about eight and see how it does...appreciate the feedback manSent from my LGL86C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. I'm not too sure with the lights you have, I usually use 400/600w sodium lights and I have them a fair way away but they get a lot hotter than your engerysaving ones.Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. Yeah...what size fan do you have keeping that cool?Sent from my LGL86C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. Not sure, I have two that I got from cheap as chip's. Lol and a (I think) 6" carbon filter. I also have cups of water which evaporate and increase the humidity.Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. I'm thinking about getting a hps for flowering instead of a 2700 cfl. you think a couple four inch fans would keep it relatively cool?Sent from my LGL86C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. Yea I usually put one on each side, oscillating, it strengthens the plant and keeps it cool.Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. that's what I do with mine. I'm just worried about the temperature in there. hopefully it's gonna be ok. I'm gonna go get one in a few hours. I'll let you know how it goes.Sent from my LGL86C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. [quote name="willbo" post="19098472" timestamp="1386141159"]Yea I usually put one on each side, oscillating, it strengthens the plant and keeps it cool.Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Grasscity Forum mobile app[/quote]after much research I learned there's no way around a ballast with a hps...bullshit. But oh well. gonna update in a couple days.Sent from my LGL86C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. Yea fuck it would be mint if they could put their heads together and come up with one that just plugs into the power point. Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

20. [quote name="willbo" post="19123558" timestamp="1386496268"]Yea fuck it would be mint if they could put their heads together and come up with one that just plugs into the power point. Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Grasscity Forum mobile app[/quote]any ideas on relatively inexpensive lights?Sent from my LGL86C using Grasscity Forum mobile app