My new 300W LED Grow Light...

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by edgeman, Nov 28, 2013.

1. #21 edgeman, Dec 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2013
    I haven't added any nutes in the last 7 days and still my ppm inches up to 850 with pH 5.8.

Day 27 - I have taken my first clones from the lower branches:
    [​IMG]

Should I be topping now?
    [​IMG]

2. Ok, flushed and cleaned the system and reservoir tub. There was hardly any sediment. Refilled with Brita filtered water at 6.6 ppm and 170 ppm. Flushed the roots for 1 hr, added AN Sensi Grow A + B to 230 ppm, pH stable at 6.6, will add pH down.

3. All better now.  All the new growth is nice and green.  pH is at 5.8 with nutes at 535 ppm.  I will be gradually increasing to 700 ppm as my target .  i think I should be FIMing now.  I'm going to see if my clones establish roots and in a couple of weeks go into 12/12 while keeping the 3 healthiest plant strains as mothers. 

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. 'Woke up this morning and my tent was reeking with that smell.  Oh no, I gotta get this fixed before wifey reads me the riot act.  Dashed down to Home Depot to pick up some bungee cords and 4" duct and tape to set up my fan and charcoal filter:

[​IMG]

Ladies are growing rapidly now:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Roots filling out and spikey:
    [​IMG]

5. looks like you got root rot

6. I just checked it.  It just looks that way from the automatic exposure of the dark reservoir tub of the crappy camera I have, haha!  But thanks for your input.

7. Setting up a new 40 site cloner/vegging mini-tent 30" x 18 x 36."   Should I mother 3 plants or let them go to seed?  Do I save about 4 weeks using clones over seeds?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. I'm glad the politics are gone from your thread.  Much better now.  If you clean up all those injured and dead leaves it'll look a lot nicer and you can spot new problems sooner.  You're still having problems dialing your solution in, eh?  The new growth looks a hell of a lot better but still too yellow.  Hang in there.  What are you going to do with 40 plants?

9. I'm listening to my plants more.  I haven't added nutes in 5 days becasue the ppm have been stable around 600.  When the level goes down I 'll add to move up towards a target around 700.  I bought the cloner/veg setup so I wouldn't have to speed time and money for seeds.  I will just clone before going to flower in the larger tent.  I'm going to make some RIck Simpson Oil as my brother has had recurring colon polyps over the last few years and my aunt died from colon cancer at 53.  We are getting older and the occurance of cancer is prevalent so we are going to start taking a maintenance dossage to ward off the demons.

10. Growing like a weed, close to time to flower?  I want to see if I can get some roots going in my clones so I can transfer them over with the big plants and flower them together.  Clone again before flowering so I can get a perpetual cycle going so I don't have to buy seeds.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

My clones Day 2 -
    [​IMG]

11. I missed something.  Did you take your clones from the plants shown directly above them?  Or do you have some plants you haven't shown yet?  Sorry to be the slow guy, but here I am.

12. Yes, I took the clones from the same plants.  I was thinking if they develop roots in a week or two then i can flower them with the original plants.under a scrog to spread out the taller plants.  Then I can clone some more before flipping them so i can have a perpetual cycle without having to buy seeds.  What do you think, IIatikcuf?

13. Yeah, perpetual would be nice but I think you should get a couple of grows under your belt and then add features.  This is your first crop so you don't know the size area you need for all the plants you have in mind.  Grow the ones you have out and then decide how you want to proceed.  You're not going to loose all that much time and you just may get a larger harvest by focusing on learning the basics and getting a bit of experience.  That's just my take on it, since you asked.  Just keep at it.

14. Setting up my scrog and looking to flip in a week or two when the scrog gets 70% filled. That's a tomato and squash plants in the lower right.
    [​IMG]

15. The ladies are poking through the scrog.  I will tuck them in soon.  I have not added nutes but it is drifting up in the last 3 days from 420 ppm to 505 ppm.  However I have added some pH down and I have concluded that the pH down has been increasing the tds ppm.  I read that pH down adds nitrogen to the reservoir.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. It took me a couple of grows to get some decent looking plants, but as I mentioned I'm slow.  Hang in there, edgeman. 

17. In aeroponics it's probably better to grow only one strain as different strains have different vegging growth rates, varied nutrient uptake rates and different tolerances to pH levels.  This is Day 8 of the clones.  Many are showing white roots breaking out. 
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. You can't clone fan leaves.  I'm guessing you know that and just have those in there to see how long they stay alive?

19. #39 edgeman, Jan 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2014
    Haha, I know that now!

1. \t\t<div style="margin:0px 0px 0px 200px;background-color:rgb(250,250,250);">\t<div style="margin:0px;font-style:normal;font-weight:normal;font-size:13px;font-family:Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif;color:rgb(51,51,51);">\t<div style="margin:0px;">\t<div style="margin:0px;">\t<blockquote>I also noticed that when I razor cut off the branch node of the clone with the node under the collar being water sprayed, it will root faster at that node. I surmise that the plant irrigation channels are already established at the node. They first start to leaf at the node and then the plant realizes it needs roots so it proceeds to take moisture from the leaves and starts rooting at the node. I think cloning will save 3-4 weeks to get to the flowering stage.

\tSome aeroponic growers have started that cannabis plants cannot use anymore than 700 ppm of nutes while others say less nutes are required in general. I haven't been able to get my nutes about the 500 ppm level.  As you know, opinions are everywhere. From the Wikipediia page, "NASA research has shown that aeroponically grown plants have an 80% increase in dry weight biomass (essential minerals) compared to hydroponically grown plants. Aeroponics used 65% less water than hydroponics. NASA also concluded that aeroponically grown plants requires ¼ the nutrient input compared to hydroponics."

\tI increased my nutes from 480 ppm to 570 ppm last night after 4 days when the plants started to consume nutes again. I will keep it at this level until the ppm start to pull back showing that the plants are consuming nutes. I think I am a week or so from flipping.</blockquote>\t
      \t
      \t</div>\t</div>\t</div>\t
    </div>

20. You're right about the nodes.  They are certainly special, they can put out branches or roots depending on the plants needs and conditions.  Don't believe everything you read about aero.