Dawgs Waltz Sour Diesel 600watt 1st Indoor Grow (pic heavy)

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by NS89, Nov 28, 2013.

1. #41 NS89, Jan 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2014
    Flowering coming along, just crossed the 3 week mark (22 days from flipping). Fairly slow on the bud formation, probably due to cold temps in the grow room at night.
    Amending this problem by setting a spare timer to run a small heater for 15 minutes every hour during the night time, which hopefully should solve the problem without scorching my plants or using too much electricity. 

Pic #1 Dawgs Waltz blooming, #2 the garden in full, #3 Dawgs Waltz shot, #4 Sour Diesel

Attached Files:

Cool man. Hopefully it'll get a bit more exciting now that they are beginning to bud!

3. #44 NS89, Jan 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2014
    Blooming is coming along nicely, finally starting to pick up.

Pic #1 the bigger Sour Diesel in full bloom.... super hairy. Pic #2 Dawgs Waltz cola-in-the-making.

Attached Files:

4. Very nice! Things are definitely getting interesting.. They look super healthy and happy keep it up man, your going to have a nice pull...

Thanks man, I'm hoping so too. Right back at your grow. Not bad for my 1st time, I have a 1000watt in the mail that should arrive Tuesday with an USHIO super HPS bulb. That should really step it up. 1k for 4 plants... not bad!

I've also been feeding them relentlessly. I would almost say too much, but they are responding very positively so it must be working. 

Got a pic of one of the Sour Diesels... mega hairy. This is a bush I don't want to trim :D

Attached Files:

6. [quote name="NS89" post="19357976" timestamp="1389973950"]Thanks man, I'm hoping so too. Right back at your grow. Not bad for my 1st time, I have a 1000watt in the mail that should arrive Tuesday with an USHIO super HPS bulb. That should really step it up. 1k for 4 plants... not bad!I've also been feeding them relentlessly. I would almost say too much, but they are responding very positively so it must be working. Got a pic of one of the Sour Diesels... mega hairy. This is a bush I don't want to trim :D[/quote]Do you have a 1000W ballast? Otherwise your 1000W bulb will only put off 600w of power. I had my 400w bulb accidentally plugged into my 1000W but luckily it didn't blow it. Guess it was just doing 400w of power. on my second grow: 1000W Coco Sour Diesel SCROGhttp://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1255714-1000W-Coco-Sour-Diesel-SCROG

7. Yeah, I should have clarified - got a whole kit in the mail, ballast, reflector, HPS, MH etc. Should make a pretty big difference I'm hoping. 

8. Sweet upgrade! 1000W will make a huge difference. Is it a switchable ballast or are you going to run dual spectrum? You can definitely tell youve done youre homework, props for first grow. Your killin it in here! If i may add, id be Careful on the feedings they may look fine now but they may all of a sudden change and take a turn for the worse. as salts build up from the nutes it can cause a lot of problems down the line. I used to feed all the time but ive noticed better growth feeding less frequently.

Good call, and thanks for the input. Definitely hoping for a bigger yield and better quality with the 1k, and duly noted with the over-fertilizing. Hopefully I'll have some halfway decent buds to show for in a month or so. I predict the Sour Diesel will take quite a while though to finish out, some say as long as 11 weeks. 

10. #51 NS89, Jan 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2014
    Quick update... things are coming along. Just over 4 weeks since I flipped to 12/12 and the bud & trichome production is going crazy. About time!

A sea of colas in the making. The space they are taking up is the full 4x4x4.5 (there is more room above however, about 7 feet total) and it's budding wall to wall. I tried counting all of the tops but got bored and stopped after about 50. There are a lot of nugs comin' in hot, especially on the Sour Diesels

My night time temps were floating around 50 - 53 for the first 2.5 to 3 weeks of 12/12, which is pretty low. Bought a panel heater which runs hour on hour off for the full 12 hour dark period. This brings it up to an average of 60, which is where I want it to be. Hoping that will also help accelerate budding.

Getting my 1k watt system tomorrow, that should step things up a notch. Also have a 1k USHIO super HPS bulb here already, it feels twice as big as the 600! 
    Discovered also that I have some gnats which previously were a non-issue, they were getting stuck to the buds and leaves and basically dying cause they couldn't move. Kind of gross but also funny. I cleared them off, put out 3 apple cider vinegar traps, and will do a better job draining the drain pans and letting the soil dry out for longer periods between waterings.

Expecting at least 30 - 40 days more on the Dawg's Waltz and probably somewhere north of 50 -  60 for the Diesels. 

Pic 1 is the whole garden, #2 is the larger Sour Diesel and #3 is the larger Dawg's Waltz. 

Attached Files:

11. Lookin good man, right on track. that is a beautiful full room, great job filling it up!!! lol thats funny about the gnats... I had the same thing happen on my first grow, damn things were sticking to the buds lol. Neem oil works great against gnats.

Definitely good to know, thanks man! I'll have to pick some up cause I don't want any gnats stuck in my buds before I'm smoking them... haha. That'd be gnarly. 

13. Things are looking great man! The DW seems to be filling out nicely for you. I know what you're saying about the heavy feeding; mine just keep begging for more and more nutes. Excited to see how this finishes out.

Agreed man, the Dawg's Waltz smells so hashy. I really like it, it just has that old school dank-ass odor to it. I can tell Dawg's Waltz is a killer strain, and it's getting damn frosty. I've been feeding them pretty heavily but am dialing it back slightly just to make sure there aren't too many salts built up.

The Sour Diesel smells down right floral... almost like a nice perfume. Not sure if that is supposed to be that way but I've been feeding them fulvic and humic acids with regularity which is supposed to really boost the overall process. So far so good.

I'm going to make some close ups maybe tonight and post those up... onward to budding!

15. Dawg's Waltz frosting out big time :)

Attached Files:

16. Mmmm, now that's some frosty nuggage!!

Lookin good, I'm subbed!

Haha awesome, thanks man. Gonna post up some more pictures tonight of the nug jungle now that I got my 1000watt which I'm putting up as soon as I get home. 

18. That's some frosty bud my man. I'm loving the dawgs waltz.

I'll be posting some close ups in my thread tonight as well.

Haha awesome, and thank you. They REEK and I love it. Can't wait to see your pics since yours are almost exactly a week ahead of mine as I recall.

I just threw a 1000watt in last night with an USHIO bulb... goddamn it's bright! The added light penetration is pretty significant, I'll check your pics later tonight. I intended to put some up last night but got lazy after re-assembling my grow room.