DIY grow box, how many cfl w do i need?

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by smither123, Nov 26, 2013.

1. Hey gc! :) 

I'm developing a cardboard cfl grow box which is 24.5cm x 30cm x 50cm.

I'm planning to grow some small autoflower joint doctor strain for personal use only. 

How many cfl w would i need to grow it successful?

I'm going to add 2 fans. An intake fan and a out-take fan to keep the box cool and to stop the cfl from causing fire (I know they are not very hot but just in case) this will also help the plant as well. 

If the first box goes well and i can get a small amount of weed every 2 months i will make a second box and grow another plant in there as well.

What do you guys think? I dont smoke loads of piff but i'm fed up with buying it. 

Do you think the box will be big enough, it's still in beta mode ;) and how many cfl w do i need?

2. You might want to consider buying decent material for the box. I don't think it is worth it to set your house on fire.
    Just my 2 cent.

Sent from my GT-S7560M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Yeah man. No cardboard. Use at least a plastic storage tub from like Home Depot or Walmart or somewhere similar. It's a plastic/ rubber mix that's flexible cheap and easy to cut and it comes with a sealed lid that can act as a door.

4. Okay, i think I have one of though tubs

Sent from my W100 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Go for it. They're a much wiser choice material. It can be pretty stealth too if ya wanted it to. Give it a shot. There is a bunch of YouTube vids of guys doing these with the Rubbermaid tubs.