pHarmers Cannaculture Corner

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by SoCal Nature Farmer, Nov 26, 2013.

1. You still around, pHarmer? Sent from my BIG ASS Note 2 using the Grasscity Forum mobile app.

2. [quote name="Output" post="19116967" timestamp="1386397541"]You still around, pHarmer? Sent from my BIG ASS Note 2 using the Grasscity Forum mobile app.[/quote]Yea I'm still here, not getting much action so I figured I'd wait till I had something good to show. But the babies are doing good, been vegging for 14 days and they are 13in tall. With topping and popping that's not bad, about an inch each day. 1386399474746.jpg But I've just been trying to figure out what spectrum I'm gonna run for my flower light, as well as what amendments should use as a top coat for flower. My soil is pretty cold with out my Pucker, I dislike the winter for this reason. Usually everything is just tea feeding, would you happen to have any suggestions? I understand the amendments you posted previously but those are more for mixing in from the beginning. I've been doing nothing but reading all over this site, sometimes most the information just rambles on. Then leads to no where and I have to start reading a whole new thread >.< But how's things with you man how's your ladies doing, which ones you got sprouting now? What mix you have in your dixie cups? Hope all is well with everyone out there! pHSent from my XT907 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Things are great here.

You know, I haven't got into all of the foliar feeding and things. My soil still has another couple of weeks to sit after amending it with all the things I posted. I am starting to learn more and more about fully her feeding. So I will keep you informed as to what I learn.

My first go around, I only had 1 of 4 seeds pop. Pretty weird.

This go around, I have 3 of 4 seeds pop. And I'm still hoping the fourth one might work.

So I have the following little girls:

2x - Shackzilla
    1x - Killings Fields
    1x - Sannie's Jack

I will be cloning those.

4. [quote name="Output" post="19121580" timestamp="1386468982"]Things are great here.You know, I haven't got into all of the foliar feeding and things. My soil still has another couple of weeks to sit after amending it with all the things I posted. I am starting to learn more and more about fully her feeding. So I will keep you informed as to what I learn.My first go around, I only had 1 of 4 seeds pop. Pretty weird.This go around, I have 3 of 4 seeds pop. And I'm still hoping the fourth one might work.So I have the following little girls:2x - Shackzilla1x - Killings Fields1x - Sannie's JackI will be cloning those.[/quote]Alright thanks man! I'm reading a bunch of stuff as well so once I figure it out I'll post my info :)Do you have everything needed to run a perpetual crop? If so you should totally run some extra seeds, start to finish to get some bud in the jars while your clones are growing.Hope all goes well with the Jack, im real excited for this one! lolSent from my XT907 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

I'd love to see the info as you get it.

With my strains, the breeder says they are basically not supposed to get any veg time. A week or two can even be enough. I'm okay going slow this first go around. After all it's going to take three months for the harvest to take place. 

I'll get the hang of it first, make sure all is functioning well in my room, and then look to go perpetual. To do that, I have to buy a whole additional hundred plus gallons or so of soil. That's no big deal, but the amendments cost a bit. So I got some time between now and when the first batch completes. Before it does, I will ready the next batch of soil. From that point on, I can pretty much have one going right after the other.

It's the first time for these strains too, so I want to see what they do, then I will know how to proceed.

I can't wait to be able to try these 3 strains. I am really excited.

6. [quote name="Output" post="19121686" timestamp="1386470137"]I'd love to see the info as you get it.With my strains, the breeder says they are basically not supposed to get any veg time. A week or two can even be enough. I'm okay going slow this first go around. After all it's going to take three months for the harvest to take place. I'll get the hang of it first, make sure all is functioning well in my room, and then look to go perpetual. To do that, I have to buy a whole additional hundred plus gallons or so of soil. That's no big deal, but the amendments cost a bit. So I got some time between now and when the first batch completes. Before it does, I will ready the next batch of soil. From that point on, I can pretty much have one going right after the other.It's the first time for these strains too, so I want to see what they do, then I will know how to proceed.I can't wait to be able to try these 3 strains. I am really excited.[/quote]Awesome man! Yea that's exactly what I'm trying to figure out, amendments costing so much I want to find the fewest needed things possible. That's a fast time, what size do you plan on making the flip at?Sent from my XT907 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Well, I don't know. I can tell you this, they are growing like… well… Weeds. LOL Meaning they are visibly growing every single day - a lot. 

First I'm going to get them big enough to clone, then I'm going to clone them. That I will kind of play it by ear and see how they do.

I'm going to wait to start the clones all at the same time, that way, I'm hoping that I can keep the canopy as level as possible. 

So right now, it's all philosophical. I'm just watching them and observing how they react to things.

Yeah, the amendments are costly. I would actually like to add more minerals next time around, so we will see. I know after I use the soil, I have to put in additional amendments, but you don't put as much energy do the first time, as I understand it. So I have to see what that will cost. 

I'm hoping I have enough money that I can buy three or four cycles at least of amendments the next time I purchase them.

8. [quote name="Output" post="19121804" timestamp="1386471536"]Well, I don't know. I can tell you this, they are growing like… well… Weeds. LOL Meaning they are visibly growing every single day - a lot. First I'm going to get them big enough to clone, then I'm going to clone them. That I will kind of play it by ear and see how they do.I'm going to wait to start the clones all at the same time, that way, I'm hoping that I can keep the canopy as level as possible. So right now, it's all philosophical. I'm just watching them and observing how they react to things.Yeah, the amendments are costly. I would actually like to add more minerals next time around, so we will see. I know after I use the soil, I have to put in additional amendments, but you don't put as much energy do the first time, as I understand it. So I have to see what that will cost. I'm hoping I have enough money that I can buy three or four cycles at least of amendments the next time I purchase them.[/quote]Haha nice! Yea I did a test on my plants to see if there was a visible difference between cold and warm temps on the ground. So I got one of those seed mats and have it running under the 5 GSC. The plants with heat are at 14in when they turned on, plants without are at 7in. So literally half the growth, definitely glad I did the test >.< ill do an update here in a sec. I'm thinking if I just add some basics while transplanting into the 7Gal everything will be fine. Some teas little spraying and we should be set. :)Sent from my XT907 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. Veg Update: GSC clones are doing fine, will be flipping to flower here on the 14th or 15th if they look right. 1386475518480.jpg Here are the ones with a seedling mat at 14in: 1386475553019.jpg Here is without at 7in: 1386475570123.jpg Blackberry plants are starting to finally bush up and decide to grow. They are at 9in: 1386475589991.jpg Here are the Sour Candy F1 & F2 phenos at 7in: 1386476489769.jpg As well as my two F1 & F3 Cross between the Sour candy x Big Bud (Mother I call Monstrosity) x with a Blackberry kush (Father; Strong Black Domina Pheno) Don't have a name for her yet, someone should help me haha. Anywho here they are at 7in for the F1 & 9in for the F3 in the back: 1386477035868.jpg Well hope everyone and there girls are having a lovely winter, hope you are all keeping warm out there! Would definitely love to see some other ladies on the thread! Have a good rest of the evening everyone.pHSent from my XT907 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. So I'm not sure that this is a "problem" but my plants have started flipping. I have them on a digital timer, on at 7pm off at 1pm, typical 18/6. Yet today I'm noticing the difference in the look of the plant. As well as these hairs, watering is all I do with Neem treatments at 1tsp Per Gallon once every 10 days. Should I go ahead and just transplant and flip them? They are only 15 1/2in tall, would I still get a decent return? Or should I move them to 24hrs for the last week or two of veg? Any input would be most grateful, hope all is well in the GC tonight. 1386649540758.jpg Here they are "lifting up" I love the way they look in transition, just a little too early is all. 1386649575307.jpg Here are the hairs ^.^ makes me excited! 1386649670011.jpg Sent from my XT907 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. PharmerX,

Thanks for the invite, bud..  It's a pleasure to share the same interests and philosophy in our girls and life. 

12. [quote name="monkeychief68" post="19183288" timestamp="1387339127"]PharmerX,Thanks for the invite, bud.. It's a pleasure to share the same interests and philosophy in our girls and life. [/quote]Glad to have you with us man! I will be posting an update shortly, just transplanting my babies, today is day 1 of flower. ^.^ Picked up some new soil I'm gonna try, has a bunch of stuff already in it: 1387339592457.jpg 1387339638816.jpg I was also looking at getting this for a Base soil when I start making my own soil next run: 1387339712467.jpg 1387339736242.jpg Anybody have experience with these soils? Haven't done any online reading yet, local hydro shop had them and they had some interesting ingredients already premixed. So I figured screw it, I also picked up some Fox farm Tiger Bloom.Sent from my XT907 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. Promix HP is what doc bud from 420mag uses for his hi brix base. 

That's what I would like to have. And of course with that, doc bud's kit.

14. [quote name="Output" post="19183477" timestamp="1387340761"]Promix HP is what doc bud from 420mag uses for his hi brix base. That's what I would like to have. And of course with that, doc bud's kit.[/quote]Thanks man I'll have to take a look at his mix, you wouldn't happen to have a link would you? For a 3.5cu ft bale its 45$ so I wanna make sure I figure it out before I purchase, thanks again man!Sent from my XT907 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. Pre-Flower Day 1:Transplanted 4 GSC into 7G pots with Victoria Sea Blend Super Soil. 25 Days in Veg, 20in Tall, Before Transplant: 1387361000698.jpg After Transplant: 1387361119256.jpg 1387361151104.jpg One in the middle is BlackBerry #2 (12in), rest are Girl Scout Cookie. Sent from my XT907 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. Deficiency Update:Here are some pictures of various problems with a few plants of mine. If anyone knows what these could be symptoms of, please let me know.{#1}. Start of the problem to further on: 1387361543320.jpg {#2}. Start (I believe this could be from Neem sprays sitting on the leaf) All sprays are done 1 1/2Hrs after they go to sleep: 1387361597677.jpg {#3}. Start: 1387361766572.jpg {#4}. Start: 1387361894910.jpg 1387361916354.jpg {#5}. Start, Middle, & End: 1387361992169.jpg {#6}. Middle, this has been said it could be a Magnesium Deficiency: 1387362182983.jpg 1387362207601.jpg Hope all is going well with everyone tonight in the GC! :D Sent from my XT907 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. I run 18 / 6 and have the same thing happen with the hairs. I just let them go and flip them when I get them to size. How are your temperature swings from lights on to lights off?

18. #39 SoCal Nature Farmer, Dec 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2013
    [quote name="Weed Dude" post="19184786" timestamp="1387362540"]I run 18 / 6 and have the same thing happen with the hairs. I just let them go and flip them when I get them to size. How are your temperature swings from lights on to lights off?[/quote]Honestly man, I need to get a thermometer, but there is no insulation in my room. Lately it has been low 20's some nights outside, but I run lights in from 7pm-1am. Both my Veg and Bloom tent are on the same room, so temps have been around low 60's to low 50's some nights (Day for them). Day temps (Night for them) usually run high to mid 60's. Floor temps are really low tho, the tent is sitting on tile so I'm sure that doesn't help. >.< Sent from my XT907 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. Hmmm. that is a little low. You can pick up a thermometer / Humidity gauge at the HD for around ten bucks...You might want to get some of that insulation board (blue) and put it between your liner and the tent bottom or cut small squares and set your pots on them....