What is it like to live in California?

Discussion in 'Fashion & Lifestyle Trends' started by silentsmoker93, Nov 25, 2013.

1. California is an amazing place to live. Unfortunately, it's also a place that is easy to take for granted. California is a big state, with very distinct regions.

The Bay Area is full of smart, quirky, people who are passionate about political and social issues. It's a very innovative place - both in technology (Silicon Valley) and food culture (Alice Waters, the whole "organic", "local", gourmet food movement, etc.). The weather is great year round. It's an easy place to stay active, with the countless wonderful places to hike, walk, rollerblade, and bike. It has the best food of any other major city in the US.

Lastly, it's a great city to drive in. Far less traffic than L.A. and lots of empty, scenic, back roads to beat the traffic. 

2. it grows like a sativa but its purple?

3. I've had purple that got you lit like a sativa does.

4. #64 sb420abc, Jun 11, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2015
  5. Dreamy place of mine. Always expected to live such place.

6. havent been there in so long

7. #67 sleepingblade, Jun 15, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2015
    I plan to leave this dump in 5 years, hopefully less.

Everyone getting aggressive, and the ghettos are breeding like mad.

Roads are constantly being worked on, being eroded faster than they can be maintained. Traffic obviously getting worse every year.

I forsee a shit storm in california sadly, I uses to love this place.

8. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAlNRrCbHfc

9. Our sports teams specifically in the Bay Area is on the verge of winning championships. Giants have already won 3 in 5 years, about ready to celebrate the Warriors. Gotta say, this is a good time for sports here in Nor Cal.

10. the recipe ! Women weed and weather man

11. I've lived in Orange County all my life, it's very expensive with food prices, housing, and other expenses. Just an average apartment cost $1,500-1,800 or over 2,000 if in South Orange County. To live on your own out here comfortably and to go out and do fun things you need to make at least $70K or more.

12. I own my own home up north on 5 acres and pay less then that. So cal blows.

13. Dang it would be nice to have 5 acres here. That would be a few million here in so cal just for the land not even a house on the land and forget about building something cuz you need all these permits and shit and environmental studies and shit if you build near an ocean.

14. I was orgianly from the garden grove in the OC. Love to visit. Hate to live there.

15. I hail from rural Pennsylvania, however my occupation used to put me on the road quite a bit. I spent a considerable amount of time in north San Diego county (Vista to be exact), and was pleasantly surprised with it. Comparatively speaking, it cost about the same to live there as it does here. The weather is obviously amazing, and so are the mountains. Culturally, it wasn't much of a shock for me. I experienced more culture shock in the deep south. I could go on and on.

16. I like it weather,and it wide beach,blue sky.

17. Just moved over here. I'm in San Diego doing sober living and it's a sweet place. Chill people and nice scenery.

18. the landscape here I'd gorgeous! Beautiful mountains, deserts, beaches, canyons, cali has a lot of nice wilderness.

Then there's massive amounts of cars and roads, lots of shitty neighborhoods with a few nice ones here and there.

I'm saving to move to Arizona, people there are just much more friendly.

Don't let the california commercials fool you. there a LOT of immigrants here (not being racist), a lot.

Also, we used to have 4 seasons here, now it's just a long summer and a short fall, and back to summer.