What is it like to live in California?

Discussion in 'Fashion & Lifestyle Trends' started by silentsmoker93, Nov 25, 2013.

1. how does colorado compare to LA in prices?

2. #42 iDoja, Jan 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2015
    Thats the one state I wanna visit...ive had a few friends move out there n they love it!

My bros gfs from there too...n they plan on movin back out there eventually....

Why wouldnt you wanna be somewhere...where you can be outside n enjoy the weather....id be wakeboarding all year lol

3. #43 teddykgb, Jan 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2015
    Sounds like by and large that unless you were born there and have lived with high prices all your life or are at minimum upper middle class then Cali is a miserable place to be. Plus you have to get your car annually certified on emissions and get raped with fines if not California compliant, my cars modified exhaust would never pass out there lol

4. And this would never pass where you live.
    It's not a expensive as people make it sound.

Attached Files:

5. If you like woods, north cali.

If you like nothing, ghettos, and meth, central cali.

If you like beaches bitches and traffic, so cal.

I was born here, and can't wait to leave!!! Of course I'd visit cali, or keep a summer home here.

Don't let the California tourist commercials fool you its filled with ghetto rude bro/broettes here, every year it's getting worse.

6. #47 JetxLife86, Jan 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2015
    I live in Northern California (Bay Area) and although it's expensive, I dont see myself living anywhere else. Ive visited so many different states and countries, but Cali has always been home to me. The hottest we get is 90-100 degrees during the summer and the winters usually are 30-40 degrees. Ideally, the best place to grow if you have a license.

In addition, i can get dank every single corner from a dispensary and everyone here is chill. So many tourists spots to see and enjoy. Beaches, mountain views, plenty of sport teams, and Silicon Valley is booming. I will admit it does feel over-populated at times, but there are numerous opportunities here!

7. I've always wanted to move to california.  Maybe I will once I finish college, or earlier if I get too sick of this shit.

But the price of living out there seems so insane.  I figured if I do I'll probably just bust my ass at a factory hear for a few months, save up a few grand, hop in the car and go.

Culture shock would be crazy to me though.  I grew up in Lansing Mi, lived in Detroit too.  I live in Kalamazoo now for college and even going from where I grew up to college was culture shock to me...  these kids from rich families and shit are weird as hell, I don't like em.

I just wanna get out of michigan though.  I'm tryna get somewhere warm.  LA would be cool but I'd probably go to the Bay Area.  Like Oakland or something.  It's cheaper than LA and still warm but not as hot...  from what I've gathered Oakland is basically warm Detroit, an I could get with that.

idk wtf I would do for a job there though.  Right now my plan is to get my degree in journalism but get auto repair certification too so I could at least go out there that skill.  I'm used to working in factories and shit though I'm not some wannabe actor.  right now I work at a fedex plant they have those out there...  so who knows.

8. #49 Blue Dreamer, Jan 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2015
    San Bernadino county sucks unless you're in Redlands. Don't come here unless you want decent prices on bud. Go to SD county or LA county, places that are glorified. SB county and the whole Inland Empire sucks, save for Redlands... Thank God I live there.

^ Truth.

9. I've been to cali, it seemed pretty chill but I didn't really get to see much of it. I know theres some bomb ass places their though, you really gota do your research! I'm also debating on taking a move to, thinking New York or Cali as well..Idk yet, guess I'll have to see where time takes me but I wish u luck on your journey. :)

10. Cali or ny. How is that even a question.
    My sister went to college in ny after living in ca. She hatted it.
    Ca is the best. I will never leave.

11. I'm headed to Cali next month from the ATL for a leisure trip. Looking for a good hostel at the moment so I can save spending money. It would be cool to make some new friends from here out there. I'm trying to get the inside on where to go and what to do...

12. Warm, crowded, and expensive.

13. I live in L.A and i love it here always nice pretty much and they got the fire out here.

14. moved to Cali six years ago from the East coast.  I do miss the east, but i'll probably end up dying in California. 

North is a lot different than the South, and the far North (further north than SF) is a whole different beast.

In general, it's incredibly beautiful, but the people can get shitty after a while (at least in SoCal).  Kush is fire though, and the beaches are amazing down here.  It's not perfect, but California is probably the best state to live in, at least on paper, considering you can afford it. 

15. I visited California a few times, LA,Fesno,SanFran,NapaValley.
    Its very beautiful and also expensive compared to lots of other 
    places Ive been.

Not too expensive if your homeless (I have a 
    ex-homeless friend who lived on the beach for about 6 years outta a
    bus)

Great place to visit, dont know if my lifestyle can afford the 
    taxes.

Here in Tennessee you can work hard for 5 or 6months and
    still live comfortably outta an apartment or renting a country home
    the rest of the year if you know how to save money properly.

16. Dude it kicks so much ass. Been here from AZ For two years

17. It's expensive as hell, you want at least 3 grand a month income to live comfortably. You can live in the hood for about a grand a month less. You can blow your yard up with weed if you live in the right place.

[​IMG]

18. Nice long sativa lookin colas.

Thanks, I had a shit ton of them too. That is killing fields from sannies seeds, purple pheno.

[​IMG]