Sativa 10 weeks into flowering need advise (w pictures)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by 59fifty147, Nov 24, 2013.

okay I will keep waiting for amber ones to appear. 

does anyone have an idea if i can to switch it back to 12/12 light cycle? if yes, do i add these remaining two hours to the morning or evening?

2. Do you know the strain you are growing?

99 percent of strains out there will veg under 18/6 and flower under 12/12

This is no reason to go outside of that range.  Ive only read in a few cases, with some landrace sativa's, where growers mimic the cycle of the sun of the native land, which some cases brings the cycle to 11/13.

I would say do a few days of 11/13, and then switch to the 12/12

3. i have no idea whats the strain, its a from a seed in the bag. one question - do i add it to the to the end of the light period or at the beginning? does it matter at all? thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. #24 Master Bator, Nov 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2013
    Naw that won't matter with the lighting.

How long did you veg her for?

It's always nice to get those cloudy trichomes with a sativa, for the soaring, head lifting affect.

Too bad it didn't have better lighting.  Oh well, she will be a good smoke with those amber trichomes !!

5. vegged for 2 months, shes about 80cm tall :) thanks for your help MB

6. Thats crazy.  so you vegged for like 60 days, plus 70 days of flowering?  you're at like 130 days?

For your next grow, you should try some lst techniques to keep the plant low and wide  so all the bud sites are equally as close to the light.

7. planted july 1st, so must be around 150 days

8. planted july 1st, so must be around 150 days

9. planted july 1st, so must be around 150 days

10. sativa dominant strains like less than 12 hours so keeping them where they are should be fine. 10 weeks is a sativa hybrid with some full sativa's going 16-24 weeks flowering. i keep my full sativas at 10 hours for flower and in fact some full strains will not flower at 12 but must be 10-11 hours to flower.

11. sorry for triple post, the app started bugging me.

mine started flowering at 12 hours of light, but I decided to reduce it to ten. I guess buds stopped swelling when I did reduce it, can't tell accurately. Therefore I'm eventually moving back to 12/12.

12. #32 piepgras, Nov 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2013
    I would wait for the pistils to retract back into the top cola. Your buds look somewhat like this:

[​IMG]

And a I highly recommend waiting until they retract and look more like this (notice how the pistils are only Just escaping from the bud):

[​IMG]

Wait at least a few days!

13. Most deff wait.... And stop cutting that poor girls leaves off homes!,lol but really I strongly belive in leaving all sun leave there like solar pannels plus yout plant suffers from shock when you take off leaves ultimately slowing down growth.... But thats,just what I think other than it not bein ready id say you have a mighty nice plabt just wait till the tips of the trics start amberin up and cut er lol

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. that would be flirting with danger since it will trigger the plant to go back to veg, although it will have no time to get there, it will begin to halt trichome development. you will gain nothing by moving them from 10/14 to 12/12 at this stage of the game and in fact will suffer loss for doing so.

15. I did change it to 11/13 today, thought of leaving like this for three days and then do 12/12.

I'm actually confused about the responses, they're all mixed up. Heres what some guy said on another forum:

16. Thinking you have more to gain is wrong, any plant planted july 1st should be in jars by now. its not going to gain jack.

hell I ripen plants pollinated for seed in 8 weeks.

17. cut it down before trichomes get milky? doubt that

damn, there's so many different opinions...

18. that poster is incorrect, anytime you increase light hours, whether from 10 to 11 or 11 to 12 you are increasing hours, mimicking spring so to speak. this will have the effect of turning off flower and turning on veg. that's botany and that's the truth.

19. #40 zippy657, Nov 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2013
    not exactly... Bold and overly simplistic statement.