how do you guys come up with names for your pieces

Discussion in 'Smoking Pipes, Glass Spoon Pipes' started by puffman92, Nov 24, 2013.

1. How do u guys come up with names for your pieces. I personally have always been a fan of the golden girls and name my pipes after them. My pipe that ive had for many years that i cant get rid of is Sophia. My red pipe is Rose. And my pipe shaped like a cow is Blanche cause its my party piece. I used to have a dorothy but she broke so Im looking for a replacement. The names make more sense if u watch the show lol. Im just curious what you guys do to name your pieces

2. Get high. Pick a name

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. I like naming pieces, and I dont. It just annoys me when people go like fucking nuts over it. With that said I actually named my most recent piece and its hilarious thinking about it because of the story of how it got its name

4. If a name comes to me I'll name it, but I don't stress over my pieces being unnamed.

5. In my circle of friends generally the names come from something happening when we're high, I can't remember half the stories though

6. Named my pipe Ziggy after vibing to Ziggy Marley radio on Pandora for an hour after smoking. ^^^

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. I smoke from it and look at in and its the first name come to mind.

8. I just stare at my piece and eventually name it based on how I perceive it to be - the first piece I ever purchased was named Charlie

Must be the Ganja

9. #9 iVapeTooMuch, Mar 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2014
    Whenever me or my friend buys a new piece, the first use is aimed at naming it. We have a fat sesh together and something happens or it reminds us of something and it gets named that way. We usually don't remember why we gave it the name though haha.

I made a glass on glass bong out of a Smirnoff bottle when I was either in eighth or ninth grade. We called it Jack the Ripper because it ripped harder than anything we smoked at the time. 😂

Then I bought a small bubbler that had sick coloring to it. We named it Toby Keith for whatever reason, but the name seemed perfect.

I got a bong that had 8 tree percs with a diffused downstem and it was called Shady because I think we only used it outside in shady areas by coincidence lol, but I could be wrong.

Then I got a huge stemless 2 footer with 3 honeycomb percs and my girlfriend at the time named it S.S. Blowjob because after we seshed with it....you know 😉

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  10. exactly how I feel

11. Smoke out of it. Hit it hard. Get fucking ripped, man. Then just stare at it and the first name that comes into your head that feels right, go with that. If nothing comes to mind, don't stress. It takes me at the very least a few days to name my pieces.

12. I just get high and the piece names itself.

One time my dog named a piece. I didn't like the name but he did so I went along with it.

13. It just comes to me.
    My first bowl was clear with a white coils down the length of it. Got super blazed one night and started thinking about space and the word "Abyss" just kept coming back to my mind. And thus the bowl was named Abyss. (Not pictured. Loaned to a friend)

My other one, far left in the picture is Eclipse. One night, was just sitting in my room chilling, looked outside. Saw a half moon. It reminded me of the eclipses lessons in my old classes. The name stuck.

The others I have yet to name.

Attached Files:

14. I can't name my pipe, I feel it doesn't need to be labeled.

15. My first piece ever was a small blue one hitter, bout three inches long. I was really sad because I had spent quite a bit of time naming her (ended up with Lucy based on I Love Lucy) and the day I came up with her name, she broke that night.

16. Rhyme time all baked .

Sent from your mom's phone.

17. I don't really name my glass. However though I do sometimes refer to my Ehle bong as the Ehlevator..... :laughing:

18. I name mine things like the big one, the old one, the red one

19. In the case of my pipe, I just waited. And the name came to me eventually; her name is Jane, as in Plain Jane. Cause she's nothing to write home about, but she's still good and steady and tough.
    My bubbler is named Marla, from Fight Club. Since my friend bought it for me, I gave her the honor of naming it.

20. I use the high I get and what I do with that piece, so for example, this one gandolf pipe I had, I smoked it and after that since it was a gandolf piped I decided to close my eyes for a few minutes and think of The Lord of the rings after I got high and so I named it journey, since it took me on a journey. I have a small one hitter pipe that was handmade and I use that for skiing so I'm thinking of something that means a mountain or skiing like mountaintop I think but not too sure cause I always smoked it at the top of the mountain when I go skiing. My tiny old bong me and my bro found so I don't know about that yet haha maybe nightshade? Cause I smoke it all the time at night haha and this new bong I got I haven't smoked yet but I can't wait to find out what it gives me to think about hahaha