Switching to DWC from coco coir need help

Discussion in 'Aeroponics' started by blakerobs, Nov 23, 2013.

1. Ok heres the scenario:

Grow room: 3.5m x 5m
    Lighting: hps 600w lamps

I have had successful crops using coco coir, clay pellet mix and canna nutrients.

My plan is to buy 50x Plant!t Aeros - DWC

http://www.onestopgrowshop.co.uk/grow-systems-and-pots/oxypot-en/plantt-aeros-dwc-deep-water-culture-module.html

But i know nothing about growing in DWC for over 4 years ive used coco coir, pellet mix and the occasional outside crop.

I want to plant big buddha blue cheese and delicious seeds cheese candy. I already have the mother plants that i personally grew from seed so i know thats what they are.

The things i need help with are:

- nutrients (which 1s, how much, how often)
    - how to get the cuttings growing in the system
    - if anyone has experience with this system any advice
    - any advice to get more bud

2. it looks like a straight dwc system to me, i would go for an aeroflo unit to fit your space if you actually wanna try aeroponics, or if your handy i have seen some bad ass systems built diy

3. I don't think you could save much money doing it yourself instead of that system.  It looks good to me and DWC is what I do for the last couple of years.

Once your cuttings are rooted about 3 to 4 inches go ahead and plant them in the net pots in Hydroton pellets.

I use a solution of 1/4 tsp of Dyna-gro Foliage Pro for the veg stage and then Dyna-gro Bloom for flowering.  I use this for every watering.  And I test the ph and ppm of the water in the bucket from time to time to see how the plant is using the nutes.  If the water in the bucket is lower ppm than the water I give them they are using lots of nutes, feeding heavily.  Watch this and the ph and the appearance of the new leaves.

It really isn't that much different from what you've been doing.  You'll do ok.

4. you would have to put airstones in each res pretty much, or have every res connected to a controller (which is a definate possibility). big plants use a lot of water and could drain a bucket in a few hours if things get hot

5. I use a 4" air stone from Walmart in each bucket on a 4 outlet air pump I got on Ebay for about $30.  Good enough and cheap too.

6. I'm thinking about using **** ton of more air for kicks

7. More air is a good thing.