Forcing religion

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Sizol8, Nov 23, 2013.

1. Hi I just want to say it somewhere and apologize for poor title choise but that's not what matters.
    I was raised in a very religious family, tho not the Catholic one but based on Bible and very fundamental. I have nothing against this religion but I don't want to be part of this. It's just too tiring and stuff. And my parents... They broke up so I'm living a couple of years only with my mom but I have to defend everything I do like my music, my friends, what I'm reading. My mother isn't fanatic or crazy, she just cares about me so much and I feel it everyday. I was learning that religion since I was born so I couldn't resist participating in some kind of activities that religion required of everyone. It isn't only going two times a week to that "church" and the rest of the week you can doo whatever you like. No, it's like a way of life and it's good. Everyone I know from this religion are good people, successful and truly fulfilling everything that is required to be good in the eyes of God or how do they say it. I'm still going to this "church" tho as soon as I finish my school, get my driving license I'm getting the fuck out of my country and stuff... My mom can see that something is wrong with me so she tries to help me out and I try to accept it. My father is diffrent. He's barely keeping up with this religion, he even got married 2nd time and his wife accepted new religion although she's still learning but he's like me. I just realised this NOW. Like father, like son. IDK why didn't he just leave this stuff... He seem to not give a fuck about my choice to leave this religion and live my life. He had seen me drunk, high, cursing and other stuff that is de facto not cool in my religion. But fuck my family... If I had to point a religion that may be that true one, this one would surely be my choice. But speaking of choises I've decided to be religion-free even tho it is possible for me that God exist or some kind of consciousness (I've been reading a lot about hinduism, buddism, some crazy shit like Zecharia Sitchin that may be possible). If God exist I accept it and don't really care about what I am in his eyes. I just want to live my life happy. If that religion is true I would obviously die and gain nothing but live a good life on THIS earth. If there's nothing after the death it would be the same. But if everyone live after death in other dimension or something and I lived my previous life believing my parents religion it would only mean that I've wasted my life. This isn't obviously what decided about my life but if someone asked why I'm like this, I would say this. I actually like the idea of something more intelligent and knowing more because I could just trip out on shrooms or dmt and talk to it about some questions that bug me. Maybe it has a better option for my life and I would eventually change it.
    IDK why I wrote this. Maybe because I had nothing to do and I don't feel like sleeping or I just wanted to have this in mind that it's documented some other way than my ephemeral thoughts. Also I wanted to show you that forcing religion on other people without giving them other option is bad because I'll proably feel like shit when leaving everything especially my mother's broken heart, she had been trough so much shit.
    Sorry for bad english.
    PS I wanted to write more but I don't know how to express myself even in my native language.
    PS 2 It's longer than I thought.

2. Hang in there, follow your own path, and for your own safety and sanity...avoid religion.  

"To think for yourself, you must question authority" ~ Timothy Leary

Unless you question authority (religion) you will never truly think for yourself.  And you will never be free until you think for yourself.

I hear ya, but it didn't take me long to skim it and get the gist.

4. #5 esseff, Nov 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2013
    All those things that are deemed too long and aren't read - imagine all that potential insight missed simply due to laziness. What else is there to do when you visit a forum BUT read?

5. Don't really care about comments but this is true

6. This makes me sad =(