Stretching ears...and patience.

Discussion in 'Tattoo, Piercings and Body Art' started by TheCrimsonKing, Nov 22, 2013.

1. Started at a 10g. Waited a month to let them initially heal. Went up a size every other week until I hit 0.

2. Patience is really hard. I have one ear that never shrunk back down after I had my ears at 1/2 inch and the other one shrunk down fine. I remember the feeling when I gauged the bad ear and knew it wasnt gonna ever go back when I felt that pop. Ive decided to start gauging again so my ears can be even

3. Did you experience any negative effects doing this routine? I was pierced at a 12g and my stretching kit should be coming about mid way through next week. Im going up to 0g as well and i was planning to go up a size every 2 weeks until 0g but some people in this thread are makin me think 2 weeks may not be long enough.

4. [quote name="Jim Fear" post="19240434" timestamp="1388203362"]Did you experience any negative effects doing this routine? I was pierced at a 12g and my stretching kit should be coming about mid way through next week. Im going up to 0g as well and i was planning to go up a size every 2 weeks until 0g but some people in this thread are makin me think 2 weeks may not be long enough.[/quote]I took then out and they virtually closed up in 6 months. This was after 4/5 years been up to 0s. Missed them so much I took em back up to 0 again. It all comes down to your body as to how fast you can go up. If your lobe is agitated or swollen, be smart and wait it out. Don't force anything!Never had a blowout, never ripped, nothing like that happened to me...

• Like Like x 1
  5. I never had a problem waiting to stretch so I can't relate. I started when I was 16 and got to a 00g 4years ago..so that would be around 22/23. My ears came out great because I waited. No blowouts, no puckering around the edges. My advice to anyone would be to wait it out. You won't regret it.Sent from my SPH-M830 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. It would really be best to wait 2-3 months between stretches honestly. Even longer if you still can't stretch, never force it. No matter what anyone says it's not supposed to hurt

• Like Like x 1
  7. [quote name="smokingmarathon" post="19244671" timestamp="1388278359"]It would really be best to wait 2-3 months between stretches honestly. Even longer if you still can't stretch, never force it. No matter what anyone says it's not supposed to hurt[/quote]That's why I believe it depends more on individual peoples body as to how fast to size up. Some people heal faster than others so it could be a week could be a month. Once you get up there in size though, you gotta wait longer because the difference gets bigger and bigger.But I totally agree with the statement that if it hurts, then it's not ready. Never, ever, force it. When it's ready it'll slide right in haha.

8. I started 3 years at 14g. Now one ear is at 12mm and the other is at 00g with tape.

It sometimes help to forget you have stretched ears. Helps with patience

9. I was really on and off with my ears over the years, but I started when I was 17, and gradually got to one inch.  I'm 23 now.

i was very patient though.. it's hard to be that way, and i pushed it too much sometimes, but my ears don't look THAT bad without plugs.

luckily. 

10. I ordered an awesome streatching kit from amazon this week! Im excited to get my ears fixed and its nice to be able to get a whole kit that goes up to 00 vs. Buying each size individually. The kit comes with plugs too :)

11. 2 days after I pierced my right ear (self piercing, strict parents) I stretched it to a 0. It was a standard 20g.

HOLY MOTHER OF FUCK THE BURNING PAIN OF A THOUSAND INFECTED 3RD DEGREE BURNS.

After that I learned to be patient. Having a blowout on both ears probably helped too, got one surgically removed, will get the other done eventually, but hearing the stitches be threaded through your ear is a horrible experience

12. How did you even fit the 0 in from a 20? That just sounds unreal to be able to even think about jumping that much. Did you try to use tapers?

13. That's how I did it, jammed a taper through

14. Honestly man i rushed and got minor blowouts,they healed.however i have a small looking blowout behind my right earlobe.still do the taping method and you'll just have to wait until your ears heal, if you want them stretched for a long time and looking healthy.you need to wait. Currently on 3/4" .good luck though listen to your body as well

15. Honestly, I wasn't patient. Stretching fever. I waited three days each time I went up a size, it might of been just my ears that were fine( might too fast for most people) but I rushed until I got to the bigger sizes. I slowed down right when I got onto 0's. I would say small sizes under 2's you can rush. But above, some you should wait more. 00's didn't hurt at all as I let my zeros rest for about a month max. I'm now a 1/2Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

16. When instate I had no patience; I'd stretch every week at the tiny sizes, two weeks for the small sizes 6g-2g and three weeks from 2g-00g. Now I'm almost at 16m and currently taping I have patience now because I don't have enough money to buy more plugs.Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

17. I went from fresh piercing to 0g in 2 months. No infection, just pop them in while youre in the shower.

18. Everyone's body heals differently... It took me six complete months to go from a fresh piercing to 0g. I've been getting a lot of warning signs to not rush, which I'm definitely not going to do.

19. Look at all the gauge fuck ups on google whenever you feel eager. I promise it'll help. Nothing like seeing a gross bloody, blown out gauge.

• Like Like x 1
  20. stretching your ears out is a bad decision in my opinion. think of that shit when youre 40,50,60. youll have to have surgery to correct them too.

a decent job is probably not going to hire you too.

• Like Like x 1