Stretching ears...and patience.

Discussion in 'Tattoo, Piercings and Body Art' started by TheCrimsonKing, Nov 22, 2013.

1. So everyone who has stretched their ears probably knows how FUCKING hard it is to be patient.

I'm at a 10g right now. It's painless and no blood, but the inside hole is a bit pinkish, so I know I have to wait at least a few weeks. It's sooo hard not to keep an 8g inside it since it already goes in painlessly and easy. 

how the fuck do you guys keep your patience with stretching? 

I feel like advice would be great like how to take pride in your small sized lobes because people always skip the smaller sizes like 16-8g because they're so fuckin tiny and then they fuck up their ears. 

Also what are your stretching experiences? I just got the 72 pc ear stretching kit for like $35 and seeing all the different plugs and tunnels is making my ears tingle

2. Patience? What's that? I couldn't wait I went from nothing to 7/16 in about 2 months. It was painful but my ears don't really have scar tissue

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. Do not do what that guy did ^^^ I just think about how fuckin ugly they will most likely look if I go too fast. Back at the smaller sizes 16-8g I really had no patience, I could not fuckin wait to stretch my lobes up. But now I can't even remember how long it's been since I last stretched, probably a couple of months.

After looking at so many pictures of thin, ripped or otherwise shitty looking earlobes I convinced myself its best to take a long ass time

4. #4 8ight, Nov 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2013
    I was pierced at 12g. That was about four years ago, maybe longer. Currently? If I taped my ears for 3-4 days I'd be 7/16. I do plan on stretching more, but no "goal" size or anything.

What's the rush? :confused_2:

5. I have 1'' and they definitely start stretching better later on.
    Just listen to your body because its worse to get a blow out or something.
    If its hard for me , I like to stretch in the shower with the hot water and  put a little soap on it, slide right in.

6. You've got your whole life to have big fucking ears. Worry about something that matters while yore waiting for your newest stretch to heal up. Spend 2-4 weeks at each size and you'll be where ever you need to be in a year. I had 3/4 ears for a while and I got noted of it. Now I have size 0 holes that will never go any smaller. Don't think about how soon you want it done, think about an effective end result. Sent from my Next7P12-8G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. I had a hard time with being patient in the beginning, but once I hit 0g, I saw the damage done to my ears and that have me enough motivation to chill the hell out otherwise I was going to really mess crap up.Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. I fucked mine up. I wanted them fast, so I stretched quicker than i should have. Then, I decided to use silicone to stretch and DESTROYED my ears at 7/8. So infected i had a horrid fever and my nose was completely stuffed. Downsized to 7/16. Wear 3/4 now. Definitely wish i would have waited and gone slow.

9. Yea... Patience isn't a strong suit of mine, I went up about 2mm every couple of days until I got to about 10mm and then I went up 4-6mm evey couple of days. I eventually got to 30mm and 32mm.. I didn't do barley any damage to my ears. I pierced them a bit high so I would try to rip them down to make them look Normal. Lol I couldn't have anything metal because it would seveirly infect my ear. But as I have realised if you want to get rid of them infecting them is the go. I have used sand paper to cut them and then I have just played around with them to infect them, you do that a few times and they will almost heal up completely.Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. You sanded down your lobes and purposely infected them to get rid of your stretched ears? :hide:

11. Ew what the fuck

12. [quote name="Everybody" post="19132930" timestamp="1386629630"]You sanded down your lobes and purposely infected them to get rid of your stretched ears? :hide:[/quote] yea, I would rub the inside of where I had stretched with sand paper then play with it, since my hands are usually pretty dirty they help my ears to get nice and infected. When the body heals something it heals it better than before, I did it 3 or 4 times and now only have tiny holes in my eats but I need to do it again.Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. I got 8s right now. But I'm Guna start skipping sizes, cuz it's expensive. And is taking way to long.Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

14. I have pierced ears (regular studs) and im interested in stretching them. I dont want to have huge plugs, but want to become more aware on the stretching process. Can someone give me some advice?

15. Google search "awful mods stretching guide". My only advice is don't take shortcuts

16. I am currently wearing 3/4" plugs and I have been all the way up to 1.5" at one point back in high school so I have learned the art of patience. Once you get to a size bigger than a 0 or so it gets much easier because you don't have to rely on things like tapers and you can go at your own pace by wrapping the plugs in tape a little each day to gradually stretch. The key to not rushing it in the early stages is to just know your limit and ALWAYS wait till they are completely healed before going up more. I used to be obsessed with stretched piercings, my septum was at a 6 and my lip was at an 8 while my ears were consistently over an inch. It has been years since I went over an inch though, i spent almost a year wearing no plugs, just floppy ear holes and I went down to a 5/8" but those actually stretched themselves up to the 3/4" I am at now. I think 1 inch is a good size and I might go back to it.  

17. It is supposed to take a while haha. Instant gratification is not something you can safely get from stretching your ears. If you do skip sizes be careful, use H2Ocean several times a day, and don't stretch again till they are healed completely. If your going to 0 or 00 then be smart and do not skip anything past a 2! That is the 'danger zone' because the difference in one size at that range is equivalent to 2 sizes at smaller gauges.

18. [quote name="squidrick420" post="19217640" timestamp="1387832826"]It is supposed to take a while haha. Instant gratification is not something you can safely get from stretching your ears. If you do skip sizes be careful, use H2Ocean several times a day, and don't stretch again till they are healed completely. If your going to 0 or 00 then be smart and do not skip anything past a 2! That is the 'danger zone' because the difference in one size at that range is equivalent to 2 sizes at smaller gauges.[/quote]Thanks for all the info. I've had no choice lately but to wait around 2 months Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

19. Patience wasn't an issue for me. Addicted to it I may be, but I do not want ground beef lobes due to stretching so i'm willing to wait. I've watched way too many people wait a few weeks and their ears weren't ready and just start looking gross and smelly.
    I waited  almost a month or 2 before stretching up

But now that my ears are fully healed and I can stretch without worry, It's difficult not to go buy all the stretchers and start again.

20. The waiting is very lame but you will be glad you took the time to wait when you don't have any gross infections, blow outs, or worse haha. I tore the insides of my ears open at 1 1/8" and it took months for them to heal, but that was my dumb ass fault for stretching with nothing but brute force on to threaded metal tunnels. The threads tore the entire circumference of my ear open  :eek: