Caught - Should I Talk to My Mom?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by 420Stitches, Nov 22, 2013.

1. #1 420Stitches, Nov 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2013
    [PREFACE]

TL;DR -> I'm a legal adult.

Let me preface this post by saying I know the title makes me sound like a five-year-old, but I'm 18 years old and going to college, I just made the stupid mistake of commuting and have to deal with my mom still. Anyways, onto the post.

[/END PREFACE]

[THE FOLLOWING IS JUST EXPLAINING THE LAST TWO TIMES I'VE BEEN CAUGHT SO YOU UNDERSTAND THE SITUATION, FEEL FREE TO SKIP]

TL;DR -> My mom has caught me twice and doesn't stop snooping through my shit.

So I have been caught twice before. Once was just after I started smoking. I had a box filled with some paraphernalia that I had been keeping somewhere safe. One day I decided to move it somewhere really hidden in a room just my brother and I use. That day I get home from school and she's got the box, we have a talk and shit, I tell her I just wanted to try it and the stuff was all given to me by a friend. She bought it, told me she'd be testing me, and never did. 

The second time I went to my cousin's to go on a week-long camping trip. I'm really close to him and we're really good friends with similar problems and points of view. His mom and her relatives are totally chill and don't mind weed, so it was basically a stoner trip. A tornado came through the camp grounds on the second day and we left for his house. We proceed to spend the whole week out with his friends getting baked and having stoner adventures, then end up taking a surprise trip to my grandma's (Her house is like a hub where our family meets and hangs out - typically on weekends). Turns out my mom is coming to my grandma's with my younger brother and my cousin from Detroit is coming in for the weekend. Everyone's over and having a good time. Later that night my brother goes to sleep (Otherwise he would have joined us) and I go outside with both my cousins (The one from Detroit isn't a stoner but will smoke weed whenever someone else offers) and we get stoned. After a while we go back outside, my cousin and I each have a cigarette and we're all sitting in the grass talking. My grandma opens the door and asks what we're doing, we're all having fun and tell her we're just hanging around outside (It was summer so it's not like it was freezing or shitty outside). She goes back in, and the next day my mom wakes me up. Turns out she went through my entire bag "looking for sunscreen" (What a horrible fucking excuse, especially when she knows I despise sunscreen and would never have any). She found my cousin's pipe and my weed in a nesting doll under all of my clothes hiding in a folded pair of pants. We got into an argument, I never actually got into trouble but she was mad and told me she'd be testing me. About a month later she tests me and it comes up clean. I resume smoking because I had turned 18 and figured if she tested me again I'd either fake a positive or deal with it. Recently, a couple months later, she got pissed at my brother and I and tried to test us. I told her no, and that I was tired of being treated like a kid, and didn't have to listen to her (Which was actually an issue, she's an annoyingly strict and babying parent). My brother refused to take a test because he did fairly recently just because he was acting weird and was tired of her doing this to him. After an argument, the next day she texts me somewhat of an apology and I apologize back, and everything is cool. By this point I assume she's accepted that I smoke weed. 

[/END OF STORY TIME]

[MY CURRENT SITUATION]

TL;DR -> My mom most likely stole a quarter oz from me.

Now onto the present. I was at school from 6 PM to 9 PM today, and in the middle of my class I got a call from home. I go outside and answer it. It's my brother, who informs me that my mom found my scale (Which I guess he left out because he doesn't give a fuck and I'm the one she'd suspect more, and also would take the blame because I'd rather get in trouble) and he told her I wanted to start rolling my own cigarettes, then she left the house and drove away. I think about what I'm gonna say and then get home. She's asleep in her room and my Red Bull stash can is gone. It's one of those cans that looks and feels legit, and it didn't smell at all from the outside. My brother didn't do anything with it, and none of his friends stole it, so my mom had to have taken it. Whenever she finds something she doesn't like, she idiotically drives it somewhere to hide it (I believe it's usually my step dad's house, which wouldn't make sense now because they're getting a divorce but they still like each other and are relatively friendly) instead of trashing it. Now, I'm 99% sure she just jacked an eighth of some mediocre bud, an eighth of some really dank shit I just picked up today, and a really small amount of microwaved kief hash I just made today. What doesn't make sense is she evidently put the scale in a place I usually use to hide stuff when I'm gonna pass out and am too out of it to take the time and hide it in a better place. What's even weirder is on the shelf-thing that the can was on was my glass bubbler, it was around two inches away behind a tipped-over 360 game case lazily hidden away before I left, my glass dragon pipe was in my tobacco drawer a foot away, and a third glass pipe was also in the same drawer, but all of that shit was still there. I also went into her room, woke her up, and told her I was home from school (I almost always tell her when I get home from school), she muttered a groggy "Hi" and didn't say anything else.

[/FIN. TL;DR I'M PRETTY SURE MY MOM JACKED MY QUARTER]

[THE ACTUAL QUESTION]

So my question is, tomorrow should I ask her if she took anything of mine, then if she says she took it try to tell her that I'm gonna do it anyway and she's just making me risk another trip and spend more money on it, or should I deal with losing a quarter when I'm low on money and not even try to get it back? At this point I'm mainly pissed because she always digs through my shit (Weed isn't the only thing she's found by pointlessly digging through my fucking stuff) and it seems damn near impossible she just knew this can wasn't legit Red Bull, yet also didn't see any of my glass pipes or the grinder under my chair. Also, I totally had the impression she was done trying to stop me from smoking weed, and she's even made weird jokes about it every now and then.

I know that was a ton of text, I type fast and it's easy for me to ramble on in forums. I also am aware that you didn't need to know the majority of that shit.

[/POST]

2. Fucking hell. Isn't being hit in the face with a wall of text just the worst thing ever. 
    Good luck on whatever it is your doing op. 

Alright, one for yes lol.

Yeah I expected quite a few posts along the lines of this xD

4. Man you need to come out with the sparknotes version of that cause..... damn that's a lot to read high

Sent from....... wouldn't you like to know. Probably your mamas house.

5. I think the real problem is there isn't enough communication. Before you go and accuse her of anything, find some answers by talking to her. By talking i do not mean shouting and arguing but hearing each other and patiently trying to compromise to solve the problem.  but just By ignoring the issue and letting it slide each time, you create alot of assumptions. From the looks of your story, it seems like mom is very understanding. She apologized for arguing with you. Also, your mom already sees you as an adult. If she has no problems with you smoking cigarettes then i would assume she is a little more open about things. You guys should really sit down and really have a mother to son talk and really find some closure. Who knows it could really strengthen your parental bond with your mom. 

6. I recommend getting a lawyer and having her lawyer talk to your lawyer.

7. Bring it up, don't be a childish dick about it though. Just see what happens then evaluate....

8. I would tell her, but prepared to defend your cannabis use.  

9. Believe it or not, I read it all. But I can not be bothered posting and I forget what I just read.

10. Maybe she just threw that shit out if she's seen a can on your room for a while. "We'll if your not going to throw out rubbish; I will" sorta thing; I'm sure your room has better stash spots; you can turn Almost anything into a stash spot; I've learnt many from trial & error :)

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

11. From the facts presented I evaluate that your mom didn't take the can.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. Fight to the death.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

13. keep up the lie good buddy!... Protect mother from the truth! :) easier in the long run... and forget about the Q man... chalk that one down to your own tardiness ;)

14. Her house, her rules.

I moved back in with my parents and quit smoking until I move out again.

They don't care so much about weed, just the fact it's illegal and they don't want anything illegal under their roof.

15. At 18 you should be passed the whole 'mom looking through your shit phase', i used to have the same problem until i bought a big ass safe, new lock for my door and told her i was getting a door alarm system next, i think she got the message because she doesnt look through my shit anymore.

Hit a bowl gramps, sounds like you need it  :bongin:

17. Keep it real with your mom

#RedEyeClub

18. Man it's your mom, communication is key.

My mom hated, HATED weed. Until I sat her down one day and said "mom, I've been smoking pretty much every day for a year now". Her jaw dropped, she immediately went into a panic, until I said "Look, you've never once even suspected it, my marks are better than ever, and you always go on about how happy I seem lately. How can you still be convinced it's so bad?"

I sent her many links to resources and it's grown on her a lot. She still maintains moderation is key, which, as I matured, I came to agree with (just smoke weekends now mostly), and she'll never try it herself no matter how much I tell her it'd help with her arthritis, but it's an accepted thing in my house.

Hell she's even helped me get a stubborn watermark out of my bong :p

19. You should respect your mom and not do drugs In her home