Leafys Ever Changing Indoor Grows

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by DeadLeaf, Nov 22, 2013.

1. My new compost project!!

Hey guys, got some updates here on my new composter and compost project. Check it out!
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1385940529.270196.jpg
    So I was using some materials I've had from previous grows, trying to save as much green as possible as I'm going more green in lifestyle....anyways!
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1385940616.578420.jpg
    After carefully measuring the compost bag, measuring and cutting my pieces, and making sure I pre drill holes (pilot holes) in the wood to prevent splitting, I've come up with a basic frame to support my bag and allow room for a bucket. Here it is! ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1385940774.173994.jpg
    Now just have to add zip ties to secure the bag properly making sure it's level. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1385940893.648398.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1385940915.504544.jpg
    Now I just need to tighten each end down and presto..

2. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1385940966.610395.jpg
    After my new worms get settled in, I will transfer them into this bag and get it started! :D

3. #43 DeadLeaf, Dec 2, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2013
    Weird fucking web site!! Wow, I've heard of web sites that are consistently fucked up, but this one is very randomly fucked up from one moment to the next. At first everything will be chill, then all of a sudden everyone starts getting a bug up their asses!! Fucking wish some people would just get over themselves. At least I hope that the only one who can tell me that my thread is over, will be me, and not some random asshole who thinks he owns the site. And another thing... There are a lot of fucking assholes that don't deserve help on this site. They should go fuck themselves for sure!I got a warning for name calling. This site sucks worse than was for warned about before I signed up. I'm pretty sure I've never seen anyone else get warned about calling me names. Fuck the ass wipe who plays the control freak on this web site. I don't give a fuck if I get kicked off. This site isn't even worth my time anyways. "Ooh..I get to keep a grow journal" , big fucking deal!! This is a place to be if you have no fucking life at all, period. So fucking excuse me, I didn't know everyone was gonna take themselves so fucking seriously.....seriously! Fuck it all!!

4. What I think!I think this thread will end up being the soul purpose for me being here. I appreciate the people who have helped me out here but that's just about the end of that road, now that I'll mostly be on my own here, there isn't much reason to try and help newbies if its only going to lead to trouble. I'm not gonna have some one dangle a carrot in front of me and them tell me I'm bashing on carrots. Fuck that, an asshole is an asshole anyway you slice it. I have no further desire to help others grow cannabis here. There are plenty of people who can do that here. I'm just gonna enjoy what I have on this thread. Here on this thread, I feel at peace. No one seems to bother me, only good folks come around to say what's up. And that's good! The subject here is cannabis...if i wanted the subject to be about some random assholes, I would have gone to random assholes dot com.

5. Controlling temperature!!Ok..enough of all that drama!! I'm having issues with my new veg box. Just need to dial in the temperature and adjust some things. Right now I have 4 100w CFLs making a whole lot of heat for my 2x2x3 grow box and my little fan doesn't seem to be lifting the air from the box fast enough, which doesn't surprise really. It might be a matter of just cutting a second intake hole. Or maybe id need to add an intake fan instead. This might be a good way to incorporate my 6" fan I've had for years and just putting it on a dimmer. I can use it on my flower tent, and by adding a short 6" filter I can be sure of good air scrubbing and air flow for my tent. And I can just use the 4" fan on a dimmer for the box. That would suck the heat right out of it. That's an extra fan running all the time though! Sucks. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1385989920.796049.jpg It's not all that bad but it's not perfect either. And it's bad considering that its really cold in the house so it shouldn't be this cold with just CFLs. It needs more air flow. I'm just gonna have to let the plants sit and deal with it though, this room doesn't change for another 3 weeks or so. I can only try to keep them comfortable till then. Hopefully they grow. This humidity is ok for my veg plants but its high for flowering plants. It's not like this during the spring and summer months, it's very dry here. I don't do anything about the humidity cuz there isn't much I can do without causing more heat on the plants. When I start experiencing negative growth effects from high humidity, then I will take steps to prevent it. Till then, my garden doesn't have mold cuz I move the plants around a lot. So this is all something to consider Organic Restorations in Progress!!

6. For a moment there, I was wondering if my new babies were growing at all, and then I noticed the difference in the top leaves, they have doubled in size in a day. :D ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1385993426.571212.jpg Organic Restorations in Progress!!

7. Oh snaps!! I forgot to mention that I found a seed inside a batch of LemonChem I bought, the seed was solid so I tossed it in the shot glass. This one I'm actually going to wait to see if it opens before I plant it. :D you never know! This is some good tasting medicine! ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1386021242.741129.jpg Organic Restorations in Progress!!

8. #48 DeadLeaf, Dec 3, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
    Just 3 weeks and 3 days left till harvest! ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1386077475.417905.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1386077506.070052.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1386077528.508955.jpg I gave my flowering plants a healthy dose of the diluted neem/kelp tea as well as giving some to my younger plants. Conditions are still warm in that veg closet box, so I'm gonna have to make adjustments. Perhaps removing some of the reflective material inside the box to allow more air flow or maybe a second vent. Or maybe id have to run the intake ducting directly into the closet where the air can be the coolest. I might just do that and see how I like it. Not too jazzed about having anything laying on the floor for me to step on. Anyways.. I hate when my projects slow down, when there is nothing to do but "watch the grass grow"! But the timing is right on! My vacation is over! Back to work! Organic Restorations in Progress!!

9. man you've been busy..

looking great man..

10. [quote name="АugustWest" post="19092988" timestamp="1386081709"]man you've been busy..looking great man..[/quote]:) thanks August!Yeah, can't sit still for too long! lolHope everything is good with you. :DOrganic Restorations in Progress!!

11. Oops! lolOrganic Restorations in Progress!!

12. All I want to do....All I want to do is work in my grow room!I don't want to go to work where life seems to be as meaningless as it can get. All day long I day dream of my garden, of my plants, of my goals. I feel so alive when I'm in my grow room, unlike out here in the "real" world where I'm constantly trying to avoid conflict and the struggle seems never ending. In my room, I can create without anyone telling me how to live my life, where freedom is dictated by every ambition I feel fit to seed into practice. All these responsibilities, all these somatic games we play, day in and day out...they are all for nothing. All to fill the void of a life made up for us in shape, color, creed and composition. All for nothing, in a life not chosen by one's self. In this world, I simply need room to grow!...and that is all!Organic Restorations in Progress!!

13. Well I opened the tent today and the smell was very thick! So that's good. And I would even say that there is a difference in size of the buds compared to yesterday. Maybe the kelp and neem gave my plants a good boost. I'm experiencing a small amount of spotting on my young plants but its too early to tell if it was from the soil they are in or if its just something left behind from chemical nutes (dispensary clones). But the growth is very fast. They all have nodes branching out in every direction it seems. I'll take a pic tomorrow to show what a couple days of veg looks like for these babies.So far the lone seed hasn't opened and my first Chem4 OG hasn't popped up either. But if these SD keep growing like they do then I'm gonna have to start LSTing soon and I won't have much room for seedlings. Trying to LST these sour diesel will be fun. ...Hopefully!Organic Restorations in Progress!!

14. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1386178675.292410.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1386178707.143646.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1386178745.960772.jpg Yummy yummy!!Organic Restorations in Progress!!

15. #55 DeadLeaf, Dec 5, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2013
    To Veg...or not to Veg? That is the question!!I'm trying to decide what to do about my vegging situation. I built the veg box to sustain clones and grow them out long enough to put them under 400-600 watts for just a week of veg. But now I'm starting to think I want more juice flowing to my veg area when I switch over my set up to 600w. Basically, I want to have a stronger veg set up along with my flower set up, like many growers do, like I've done in the past. An all-in perpetual of 2 month harvests. That would give me more than enough medicine and assure my plants get as big as possible before flowering them, at the same time, sparing me the extra effort bi-weekly! I've tried many ways of vegging; t5s, CFL, MH, HPS, LED.. But I've never had a clean focus on how I want to sustain my veg grow. It always seems like a waste of money to have plants on hand all the time but if I'm actually preparing them for flower and to keep up with a bi-monthly schedule , maybe it would be worth it. But do I really want to run a 1000 watts consistently just to produce medicine for myself? I will consider giving it a few trial runs before the summer to see if its costly. If my soil works out then there is little I will have to spend, leaving more room for power expenses. So if I go with a stronger veg room, I will have to create a tent and figure out what light I want to use. I've already got fans, ducting, hoods, ballasts and bulbs. I would just need to design and build a grow space along side this one. I'm gonna see how this grow box works out for these sourDs. If LST goes well and they continue to grow nice and bushy under these little CFLs then maybe I'll consider keeping this set up going. Organic Restorations in Progress!!

16. Week 5!! ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1386249462.678838.jpg Rock'n & Roll'nOrganic Restorations in Progress!!

17. #57 DeadLeaf, Dec 6, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2013
    LSTeven though my sourD clones are having some issues, I've decided to go ahead with LST. Pakalolo gave me some useful advice I'm trying out, using some paper clips to hold down my plants. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1386298401.165774.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1386298425.768276.jpg I've just hooked them to the sides of their containers. And that's it. Before I did this I noticed this on the leaf. Spotting ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1386298519.713412.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1386298539.999618.jpg All I can do is wait and see how bad it gets. It could be one of a few problems but I just need to let it sit. LST is probly not a good idea but I'm experimenting here. I will wait.Proud to be an Organic GCU Student!!

18. Well I forgot to mention that I started my second round of germination with my Chem4 OG. I left the seeds in the shot glass over night and this morning I just dropped them in the soil. Last night I checked the seeds I placed in the soil the week before and one didn't even split, it was still solid after a week. The other was soft and had white shit inside, I tossed them both. Looks like the Cali connection is no better than the rest of the commercial garbage coming out of California, sadly. This has always been an issue with me, that we as a medical state can't get our fucking act together after all these years. Waste of money, if you ask me!Proud to be an Organic GCU Student!!

19. I think this weekend would be a great time to mix up a special batch of soil as a great top dressing later on. I'm gonna free up a tote by dumping the mix im working on now into a trash can. Then I can make another 10 gallons of rich soil using the amendments I have left with the higher ratios. Maybe I can mix a stronger ACT as well to add to the mix. Last time I went very mild with all my amendments, even the EWC. It was my first time mixing. But having a stronger mix on hand should come in handy. :DProud to be an Organic GCU Student!!

20. Less & More!!So I mixed my soil today. It's the second batch of real organic soil I've ever made, this time, even more organic than the last...if that's possible! lolI only made about 10-11 gallons this time but used more amendments and more perlite. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1386447677.817593.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1386447761.133634.jpg I've also added an air freshener on my exhaust vent cuz the plants are starting to over power the old 8" filter and the new baby 4". Smell won't be an issue when I change my set up at the end of the month. But here's the freshener, it smells like tropical plants and flowers. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1386448008.109199.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1386448501.943218.jpg And I've started brewing an ACT for this new batch of soil. It's almost 5 gallons with 1 cup EWC, 1 cup alfalfa, 1/2 cup kelp, and I believe I even put some Seabird guano in there too, as well as the new soil mix. I didn't grind them up, hope that's ok! I added a pinch of the rhizo boost to the ACT too. It contains 9 species of bacteria in it. I'm gonna jump start this soil like a store bought and bagged organic hot rod! I can't wait till my worms can create castings on the regular. Right now they are just less than one pound of worms doing what they can on what they are given. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1386448554.116632.jpg Proud to be an Organic GCU Student!!