Leafys Ever Changing Indoor Grows

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by DeadLeaf, Nov 22, 2013.

1. Damn dude, 1 day! Hopefully you didn't buy the first thing ya saw ;)

Yeah you don need that lady. She was holdin ya back lol.

Speakin of greenery... looking at buying that T5 light. What spectrum(s) am I lookin for here? Lol

TJ

2. Just get cool white or natural daylight bulbs :) just for veg right? Home depot.

3. Shit bro, you know better than that. I'm about the dumbest dude in the lounge. That's why I kinda stay outta there conversationally. I sit back and lurk. Ol Tommy Jefferson there is the one you're talking about. That dude drops some serious knowledge bombs. I just listen and jump in when there's actually something being spoken of that I'm actually comfortable with. Matter of fact, Coot gave some thinking work to do this week regarding chlorophyll molecules. Took me a few days just to come up with an answer and get it completely wrong, hahaha!! Guerilla45 throws some stuff down when he's not busy. He put a soil recipe down this week. I hope you saw it cause it's one i've been waiting on for a long time. Just listening to the gurus man.

Man, you know you are welcome into the talks in my place. Not just anytime....all the fuckin time bro. ;)

4. D! Do ya happen to have that soil recipe handy? I can't seem to find it.. :unsure:

TJ

5. thanks bro! :D
    Yeah I've been thinking about the G45 recipe (funny my phone wanted to call it the "God recipe", we should call it that lol) I've been thinking about it a lot and how it makes a lot of sense and I might need some things cleared up about it eventually. One thing I'm clear on is I need to start throwing horse manure, worms and green sand in my soil mix! lol and I need to learn more about the difference between the base soil and the food layer. Good shit.
    Ok good night man!
    Good night yall! :smoke: :wave: much love! Sweet dreams!

6. Hey bro, I tried to link it but this frickin app....ugh. It's post number 12821 in his thread. Here's some screen shots of the post.
    1411105085904.jpg 1411105108671.jpg 1411105138555.jpg

7. been asked about soil mix a lot lately so I made a bit of a lay out of what I think is a good long term approach to soil mix.....

1 parts basic organic soil mix
    1 parts compost (bagged is ok but I like backyard compost)
    1 parts sifted earthworm castings
    2 parts large perlite and/or coco "chips"

ABove is the *Base Mix*

Per 5 gal (US DRY measurements) of the base mix you add:

2 cups manure (I use horse shit) mostly composted. not completely finished
    3 level tblsp blood meal
    1 level tblsp mixed bat guano
    2 level tblsp  Bone meal 

1 level tblsp  oyster shell (the type used for chickens)
    1/4 cup dolomite lime (powdered agricultural type)
    1/4 cup all purpose basic organic fertilizer  
    1/4 cup greensand
    1/4 cup sea kelp meal

1 level tblsp soft rock phosphate - 

1 level tbisp glacial rock dust

Mix well together and moisten and let set for a few days, .........

when filling a container for planting consider that you will need excess air in the soil or you ain't growin hogs.....soil collapse is a yield killer and a very common issue for organic growers. 

at the bottom of my container I like to use coco chips and other aerators like lava rocks or whatever....I fill the container about 20% or 1/5th full with these large aerators before adding soil. 

fill the container to about 80% full, add the food layer and worms then top with wood mulch about an inch deep and moisten......

your ready to plant!

the food layer:

Mix the food layer with "dead leaf" and manure. I use dead, dry leaves that have lost all their green color and crumble easy.

I also use small dry twigs and basic "forest floor" type stuff, I like this a little chunky...

mix this stuff about 50/50 with manure. I like to use horse shit and I like it be about 3/4 composted as opposed to finished.

add as many "leaf type worms" as you can find to this mix when ya add it to the planter. 

been asked about soil mix a lot lately so I made a bit of a lay out of what I think is a good long term approach to soil mix.....

ABove is the *Base Mix*

3 level tblsp blood meal
    2 level tblsp  Bone meal 

1/4 cup greensand
    1/4 cup sea kelp meal

when filling a container for planting consider that you will need excess air in the soil or you ain't growin hogs.....soil collapse is a yield killer and a very common issue for organic growers. 

at the bottom of my container I like to use coco chips and other aerators like lava rocks or whatever....I fill the container about 20% or 1/5th full with these large aerators before adding soil. 

fill the container to about 80% full, add the food layer and worms then top with wood mulch about an inch deep and moisten......

your ready to plant!

the food layer:

Mix the food layer with "dead leaf" and manure. I use dead, dry leaves that have lost all their green color and crumble easy.

I also use small dry twigs and basic "forest floor" type stuff, I like this a little chunky...

mix this stuff about 50/50 with manure. I like to use horse shit and I like it be about 3/4 composted as opposed to finished.

add as many "leaf type worms" as you can find to this mix when ya add it to the planter. 

been asked about soil mix a lot lately so I made a bit of a lay out of what I think is a good long term approach to soil mix.....

ABove is the *Base Mix*

3 level tblsp blood meal
    2 level tblsp  Bone meal 

1/4 cup greensand
    1/4 cup sea kelp meal

your ready to plant!

the food layer:

ABove is the *Base Mix*

3 level tblsp blood meal
    2 level tblsp  Bone meal 

1/4 cup greensand
    1/4 cup sea kelp meal

your ready to plant!

the food layer:

8. Nice, thanks guys! :D

TJ
    Nite leaf. I'm passin out too lol peace fellers! :wave:

TJ

9. Me, the stars and this hammock for a lil longer. Late fellas.

10. I've never seen anyone talking about it and I've never changed my name before. But I hope I'm not stuck with it! lol

11. Phahaha!
    I think your dead leaf for the next 365 days lol!
    Enless a mod can help you out?

Peace 👽

Headchefs indoor and outdoor adventures! - http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1289059-

12. That's ok my friend, the bladies that hang out in the "love, sex & relationships" threads seem to love the new Leafy. ;)

13. Ok so I'm doing a little organizing along with a billion other things (none cannabis related). I just pulled the last two SupaCrunk males and got a positive ID on the two females. They are indeed female and should be getting named this weekend as per tradition. :)
    And I'll be transplanting the last GFBA into an available 5gsp. (5 gal smart pot)
    I have 1 full leftover 5gsp that I'm trying to find a purpose for but I might just have to split the soil up amongst other half full sp's.
    I'm just thinking here... I can keep all mothers from seed in 5gsp's if I start them in my newer 5 inch square pots. All clones that will be started in 3 inch pots will go directly into 10gsp, but how to squeeze them all into the veg room is the issue. I could only do either clones or mothers that way but not both sized pots at the same time. So timing will have to be flawless (Ha!!) If I want to keep an organized veg, flower, harvest perpetual. Blah!!

14. Oh because all mothers will get flowered in those larger 5gals once they outgrow the veg room clearance. So if I manage to keep them around long enough to take multiple clones they will need that extra soil space. And I don't do the whole tp from 3 to 5 or 5 to 10. No way, that's not good for the plant or the soil so I want these babies to be tp'd as little as possible.

15. Yeah once they are old enough to be TP'd they go into the final flowering pot. Don't have extra soil to kick around. lol

16. Just so you know, I have 8 10gsp's and 8 5gsp's all filled already in circulation.

17. Good morning everyone! Here some updates... I'm not gonna update the hermi girl today, she looks the same. But here's more veg updates... I transplanted the last GFBA into a newly available 5gsp thanks to culling the last two male SupaCrunk. I also used the extreme gardening brand mykos to see if maybe this plant will finally catch up to its siblings. Was able to finally do IPM's after taking these pictures. Did neem oil, green cure and Pro Tekt. So the light is off for now. I need to cut up more fly strips and lay them down.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411226952.732439.jpg
    ^^My two SupaCrunk females getting bigger.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411227380.679339.jpg
    ^^ this happy little GFBA reaching for the sky :)
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411227466.952270.jpg
    ^^nice and green, BubbleQueen
    Ok ending with a group shot..the best I could get lol
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411227600.971938.jpg
    After I took these shots I also placed a small plastic table down to raise up the BubbleQueen so they can get positioned better under the light. Cuz before I had to have my t8 fixture running too, but now everything fits under the t5's. trying to reduce as much as possible. I also hooked up my new adjustable light hooks so I can raise the t5 light up and down. Bowchicabownow!! ;)