How Has Your Style Evolved?

Discussion in 'Fashion & Lifestyle Trends' started by AR Toasty, Nov 21, 2013.

1. #61 Stargate, Aug 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2014
    Don't feel like typing it all out but I've pretty much went from one style to other ever year until I turned 18. Now-a-days I don't really have a specific style. But for the most part I dress "nice". Comfortable fitting jeans with non-graphic tees, sweaters, buttonups, regular non-skate shoes. I have a pair of skinny jeans and a band shirt and still have my plugs but mostly I try and dress nice and normal. 

2. I pretty much was like. A rocker since I was 12 - 16. So just always black with like checked shit and ripped tank tops and jeans and converse..that stuff. Now I get a lot of people saying I look like a woodland elf...I dunno what happened hahaha cx

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. As a teenager I was the peppy skate I wear a lot of polos  and rip jeans and airwalks with a scally caps 

Now I wear the same thing funny thing 

4. Black steel toe boots. Black or blue Jeans. Diamond hat and whatever band shirt I choose today

Sent from my LG-D850 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. #65 lovepeacelyssa, Oct 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2014
    Well I used to dress up really girly. Like everyday was a forever 21 fashion shoot. Dresses, really cute rompers/jumpsuits, etc. Everything was always well fitted and such. I did that until about 16.

After a breakup that year, I cut my hair and went for a sexy, edgy, goth chick look. All black, fishnets, the occasional black beenie, and combat boots. It worked well for me and kind of portrayed my mood. Basically a constant "F*** off" look.

After I graduated, and now currently in college...well who has the time and energy to dress up everyday lol. My day to day apparel are my pajama bottoms with a hoodie and a constant sleepy look in my eyes. Yeah, when I party with friends I try to look halfway decent. But most times its a struggle to get out of bed, let alone put makeup on.

So thats me and my lazy ass lol.

Edited: Can never forget that brief hippy look that I had when I first started smoking lol. Bell bottoms and tie dye 24/7

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. High school wore skinny jeans v necks band tees flat brimmed hats , got outta high school started working construction wore boots all the time and kinda went through a redneck phase even dipped for a year now that I started smoking again I'm a lot more laid back I wear tye dye and flannels and shit and alotta pro marijuana and beer shirts lol

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. Whoa, kudos for style upgrade! I used to wear grey religiously and just t-shirts and jeans. Now I see myself in a lot more gold and black, along with colors and nice new shades. Not my old ratty ones I've had for 7 years.:/ [​IMG]
    Style is the person. I'm pro self-expression and think people shouldn't be shy with style. You gotta put on your best image. Show off the best version of yourself.

8. Grunge for life. . Except when im at work and I have to function as a member of society.

9. when i was in middle school i dressed like a boy almost..jeans and either a big sweater or a big t shirt, everyday..i think it really had to do with my insecurity. i found myself with help and i grew more confident over the years and now i dress nicely for everything because i like just looking good. when you think you look good you just feel better about yourself and when i'm baked i don't care what people think anymore, regardless if im high or not. i had an awkward tomboy stage to in the middle to complete girly girl. now im gonna go think about my self evolution since im on this lol..

10. It hasn't. I wear jeans, nike t-shirts and hoodies. Usually jordans.
    Been like this since about 7th grade.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

11. Haha I would say my style is all over the place

12. I've never really had a set style I just wear what I like. Although I did go through a gothic/graver phase but true gothic not emo lol.

13. In the early 70s, I was all hippie...levis, tshirt , long hair.....80s, Miami Vice look Hillfiger, etc, 90's Total Business attire, Brooks Brothers, Versace, Ralph Lauren, Armani..2000-2010, Lumberjack chic, northwestern beard, portland wools...2010 -now all hippie, levis, tshirt, long hair.

14. #74 Viral Frog, Dec 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2014
    I haven't really changed my style since I was like 14. Only major difference is that I don't wear such tight fucking pants. Also, instead of going for the expensive shirts, I head straight for the clearance racks.

I still shop at the same stores. Zumiez for shirts and shoes (and sock sales!), JC Penney for Levi's (they usually have good sales and Levi's last forever), and wherever has discounted socks and underwear.

I don't go anywhere else for shoes because skate shoes last forever. I refuse to buy cheap shoes unless they're certain brands that can be bought at Zumiez.

Main reason I go to Zumiez for shirts is because I have a long torso and they tend to be the only place that sells shirts long enough. I wear a medium, but if I buy them anywhere else they're belly shirts. I don't like wearing large because they're baggy as fuck.

15. My style evolved with my education. I went to a private and preppy high school, and I haven't left the door in sweats or anything else than a collared shirt since then. Fits well with my job too, and nobody suspects me of being a stoner.

Sent from my youPhone using Grasscity Forums. 420.

16. I have gone from being a full time metal guy in middle school with long hair and tons of metal band shirts to being a far less pronounced dude. I now really like to wear my College's clothes and keep my hair short. I have alot of tattoos now though so I still give off some kind of metal vibe I bet.

17. LOL who the F showers more then twice a day...... Shit some days i won't even shower, then some days ill have two if I workd up a good sweat an got something going on later but I don't think iv ever shower 3x in one day, who got time for that shit lol

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. It hasnt.

I'm one of those social anxietitic? Type people, I could care less about social stuff. I would wear almost anything as long as it didn't draw social stigmatizism? Or attention, I'd rather be invisible.

My mom, buys clothes for me, and people would say 'nice shirt etc'. So lately I've been asking my mom to shop for me as I have no idea what is 'in'.