How Has Your Style Evolved?

Discussion in 'Fashion & Lifestyle Trends' started by AR Toasty, Nov 21, 2013.

1. I was just thinking about personal evolution and I bring the question to you. How has your style or sense of fashion changed over time and as you've aged?

When I was a teenager, I was your stereotypical skater kid. I owned a lot of black t-shirts, wore my ripped jeans below my ass, skate shoes, messy mop of long and unwashed hair. You know the image I'm talking about. After graduation and moving to the city, I got a lot more chic. Suede shoes, collared shirts, ties, designer jeans, Ray Bans. My hair was short and always styled. Everything I owned was brand name and... god damn, I looked good. Then I moved to Australia and started from scratch. Now I often go barefoot, shorts, tank tops, flannel. My hair is short but unkempt, totally casual. I own one blazer and I've only worn it once. Totally beach bum.

So what's your story? How have you evolved? Have you changed at all?

2. Yea, got older and stopped dressing immature. I try to not look super chic like facials and perfect hair etc. I do like wear tailored dress shirts and suits but try to look mildly grungy, idk its odd haha. I do rock jeans, corduroy, different textured suits, silk ties and wool ties for different seasons, and of course the pocket square and tie bars.

3. Once I turned 21 I stopped wearing Hollister and American Eagle and that shit

4. Sounds similar to my "city" phase and classy as fuck, man.

I love dressing up. When you look like a boss, you feel like a boss, and you're treated like a boss. I don't think enough guys rock the business wear in their day-to-day.

5. In 6th grade I was more of a geek (I sat on my computer all day every day and got bullied a lot) ,in 9th grade I rocked more of a punk style (rocker shirts ,converse ,sagging my pants ,flat bill hat ,long black hair) ,and now that I'm 20 going on 21 I just wear what ever I want ,and tend to avoid any one style. I do however prefer some baggy blue jeans ,and a "zip up" hoodie with medium hair (not to long like a hippie but not to short like a prep either).

6. Used to wear baggy ass levis saggin down low with tall tees or the whole coogi fit shit jeans boxers all that now its either 501 levis or cargo shorts with the wife beaters or regular polo ralph lauren Tshirts with the ralph lauren socks an drawers

Sent From Pluto

7. Gotta wear pants that fit gentleman. 

Levis are the shit

9. Hell Yea! I dont think them bitches will ever be outta style lol

Sent From Pluto

10. #10 Bamboobam, Nov 21, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2013
    When I was younger, I was a tomboy. (Baggy clothes and even wearing my older brother's clothes) As I got older, I started to dress more feminine but not to the point where I was wearing makeup and such. Now, I only wear makeup on special occasions and I dress pretty casually (jeans and a shirt or leggings and a nice shirt). Shoes (boots, vans, or nikes) and jewelry most of the time.

11. Plot twist: this is a man!

jk :p

12. #12 Weedity, Nov 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2013
    In high school I used to wear Fox hoodies, skinny jeans some colored, vans, ya know shit like that. I used to rock long hair

After I graduated I started wearing loose/baggy jeans with boots and things like leather jackets. Now my hair is short.

13. :/..... not funny. 

14. I like to mix business and streetwear. For example, today I wore a black double-breasted blazer, a white button-down shirt, a white pare of 501s and black Polo boots.

I used to rock the "indie" look too, though. MGMT shirts, baggy pants, skull caps, etc. Good times.

15. Use to be into streetwear but now I'm moving onto more of designer clothing. I'm not wearing designer clothing because I want to have brand names, but the fact that designer clothing always has higher quality keeps me into buying it over streetwear. Id rather buy a pair of selvage Japanese denim that is made in the USA that costs 200$ then; buying a jean at the mall that is made in a sweatshop somewhere in china making it only 55$

Just my view on garments

That hits the nail on the head right there.

It's how I feel about shoes, especially. Dudes spend $50 on a pair of shoes that are going to fall apart in six months when they could spend triple that and keep a pair of shoes for years. We might be paying more for the name on the tag, but it's often made out of far better material that is built to last.

Jeans, jackets, and suits all fall into this category.

17. [quote name="AR Toasty" post="19082062" timestamp="1385921757"]That hits the nail on the head right there.It's how I feel about shoes, especially. Dudes spend $50 on a pair of shoes that are going to fall apart in six months when they could spend triple that and keep a pair of shoes for years. We might be paying more for the name on the tag, but it's often made out of far better material that is built to last.Jeans, jackets, and suits all fall into this category.[/quote]What about denim bro? What kind of denim do you like? I just picked up some waxed black Japanese selvage denim by Tortoise . Quality on them is amazing

18. Ten years ago I wore mostly plain black long-sleeved t-shirts.

Then, about 7 or 8 years back, I switched to short-sleeved black t-shirts and I've never regretted it.

19. Well in middle school I dressed like any 12year old, like yaknow whatever my mom bought me lol. Oh and a stupid sock hat. Then in highschool I ditched the hat and started dressing like dorky Stoner. Now I guess I'm a mix of Stoner and punk. Like yaknow Levis 511s with oldskool vans or boots. As for shirts I like Hawaiian shirts and band tees or plain white.

Oh and hair! Middle school was shaggy,long,and greasy. Freshman and sophomore year it was shoulder length. Then junior year I city it realllll short. Now i'm rocking natural dreads(they are almost a year old!)

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

20. I went from an awkward Tom boy without style, to a weird goth chick, to just baggy pants and a t-shirt.I still am partial to my baggy jeans and t-shirt, but after my weight gain after having a baby, is hard to wear that same style without looking 10x bigger :(So now I wear pajamas at home, fancy professional things to work, and whatever happens to fit that day when I need to go out otherwise!My style would be considered, "comfy."Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Grasscity Forum mobile app