Welcome to the pursuit of perpetual Nekid Budz

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by NekidBudz, Nov 20, 2013.

1. What's up NB! Glad to see you still at it. That's really cool to hear that the IRG gear is still pumping it out for ya too. I remember the WW giving you issues before so hopefully you get some this time around. The dark and the noc are indeed both products of sanctuary gardens. He still stays pretty busy over on another site so he can be reached.

Good to see ya around ma'am. :)

2. #122 NekidBudz, Oct 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2014
    Last spring I had one disaster after another and it became too taxing to keep up with all the fires around here and still keep GC updated.  I don't quite remember where I left off and I can't promise to be as diligent as I once was but I will try to keep track of these girls I'm showing here.

High hopes for Christmas G 45
    Supra Crunk clone under wire
    White Widow  (I think)
    I am trying to figure out how to configure the WW under wire in that back corner and still have access for service.  I also have a mild case of bugs.
    I've had to clear some of the center limbs from the G 45 because it was so thick the shorter limbs seemed to be draining more than helping and I want to see some good buds off her.  I used the thinning as an opportunity to root some clones.

[​IMG]

In this cubby, I am running 1, 4 bulb t-5  4 ft and another t-5 4ft w/6 bulbs 18 hours and the MH 4 to 6 hours, up to whatever heat I can add, I run it as long as possible.

Over on the other side I have a lil veg area.  The Island Bubble looks like it has male parts, but it surely has the look of a female about it.  It's so bushy I'm going to hold off and see how it shapes up.  If it's male I'll cross it with one of the Supra Crunk clones.  I love that plant!  It also finishes early here in the south and everyone loves smok'n it.  The Nocturnal turn'd out to be a male, so I put it in the bushes with a White Widow (I think).  If it gets too cold I'll bring them inside but I think there's time.
    Here's the veg area,  I'm going to try to get a perpetual thing going again.

[​IMG]

Island Bubble close up, but it's not the best shot.  I think there is a hint of what I see, on the right in the middle.

[​IMG]

Supra Crunk clones

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also put a wire across the front of the WW tonight so it will be woven through like a trellis.  I plan to cut the lights in 2 or 3 weeks.

3. #123 3Deez, Oct 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2014
    Nice to see ya still at it! I hope everything is going well now.

Btw, that G45 looks like it's a fast one!

4. #124 NekidBudz, Oct 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2014
    I had to figure out a way to manage the monsters IRG strains tend to be and it is working great.  I will likely flip this weekend.  The main thing is to keep them low because I only have about a 5' clearance.

The G45 got herself super cropped,  the Supra Crunk got leaned over and a wire thrown on top of the pot,(the wire goes where the pot goes if I should need to move it).

I wasn't sure the WW was going to take to the trellis but she ended up turning around.  PR told me IRG seems hungry to her so I threw some food on everyone and WW responded well too.  These photos are 24 hours or so after the feeding.  Just some organic stuff I had around and tried to get some iron in the G45 as well.

My deal, as ya'll might know, is to get away with as little attention to them as possible. I don't tend it much and don't try to force anything.  If the G45 doesn't clear up, I'll just let her ride it out, it's probably the dirt and no sense chasing something likely not to be caught.  I've got several cuts from the center and bottom and can get more before the flip.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. So glad you finally changed your name,,,you didn't deserve the other one.  Things are going much better around here and I hope to be settled with my projects by Thanksgiving.

6. #126 3Deez, Oct 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2014
    Hey lady! :)
    The plants look awesome. You know I like to see healthy vegging pics a much as flowering ones. Your girls look like they're really liking the minimal attention approach and I definitely like the idea of the screen on the SC. I saw a pic of a plant that was under a small section of chicken wire that moved with the pot. I've wanted to try that out but could never figure out how to support the screen over the pot?

Good to hear that all the projects are winding down. I hope the weather out that way has been decent to you. I saw on the news that some states took a beating last night. If you hear from PR, please give her shout for us.

....and thanks for the words about the name change. :)

Edit: is the girl growing on the trellis going to come out like a vertical scrog?

The idea is to keep her from growing into the bulbs.  Last time I let an IRG go its own way,,,even I couldn't fit in there to tend her.  WW tends to grow very thick self branching compact plants, but the narrow space isn't conducive to tending a round shaped plant. I didn't think she would do so hot, twisted like that cause tying them down always seemed to affect WW in a negative way.  So I thought if I had something to tie the limbs down to, and back away from the lights, it would be better than the way I had to manage Supra Crunk last time, tilting the pot and weighting the limbs and all that jazz.

I don't know if I said, and my outdoor grow was a bust.  Only got enough to last til this is done.  But the Supra Crunk is a very good easy girl with a very good controllable high if you need to get things done with a buzz.   She also finishes early here in the south which is a plus too I hear.

8. I forgot to post the WW

She looks even better after that last feeding, I think I might nip and tuck tonight.

[​IMG]

9. I see what you mean. I like the idea of using the trellis like that. WW does look good! That's good to know about the IRG stuff. I have 3 grapefruit badass babies that are in cups. 2 of them are moving pretty fast already. I'm thinking of putting them outside in a few weeks now that the weather is back down to suitable temps.

10. I flipped the lights on the 20th and these are the photos I took that day.  The plants have just gone mad since.  I will try to get some more updated photos soon but I thought I should post these so I can track the progress.  All's well with the color and all.  the G45 is better but the Supra Crunk and WW I gave the same treatment have really perked up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm loving the new set up, and I cannot believe how much WW likes a trellis. 

11. :wave: good to see you NBZ, plants look awesome! :)

TJ

12. Budz! I hope all is well with ya! Plants look super healthy! Whatever you're doing, they're obviously happy for it. :)

13. G45 turn'd boy on me.  Had to go but now there is loads of room in the room and it looks very promising tonight. I'll try to get some pictures up at the end of the week.

14. Whatcha got planned as a replacement?

15. I'm kind of glad cause the other 2 have filled the space.  They're in 20 gal pots.  Nov 20 was one month flipped from the day I switched.  These pictures are November 15

The space is 4x5 and I am running a 400 MH and a 400 HPS.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These were a while ago, they've changed bunches so I'll try to get some more recent shots soon.

16. On December 20, we will be 2 months in the flip.  I don't expect anything to finish before the 1st.

These were from last night when they were in a wilt they were so thirsty and this morning after they drank and had good light.

last night before watering
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There's only 2 plants in 20 gal so this is the shot this morning after a night of water and light.  There are also 10 t-5 bulbs in the top of the room.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The nitpickers will find many issues with these plants, not the least is bugs and for some reason the ants this year have hit me hard and I cannot find a great non-poisonous way to control them permanent like.  I am spraying the floor with Adams to see how it goes.  In the house, the ants hate Adams and disappear.  we'll see.  My dirt mix is also in the 6th or 8th cycle and I'm looking to make a fresh mix using the recycled as a base.

17. Always a pleasure to be able to drop by here and see what youve been up to NB! Your girls always look really good. Big ol trunk on that big girl too! I hope that your weekend is going great!

18. Sup Budz! Just wanted to wish you some happy holiday spirit!

19. #139 NekidBudz, Dec 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2014
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evH7JpPEOn4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daaqf0xpdds

20. Hey nekidbudz the plants look great! :wave: happy holidaze to you and yours :)

FWIW, i've read that ants will make homes in worm bins if the conditions are too dry. Could be the same with soil? :unsure: