Ago G5 Portable Vaporizer Pen

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Red Blaze, Nov 18, 2013.

1. Hey guys! I am new to vaporizers, and don't really want to drop too much cash on my first one, and was wondering if the one I am looking at is any good. I have been looking at this vaporizer pen called the Ago G5, and it is only 30 dollars, which to me, sounds too good to be true. I wouldn't really know though, so that is why I'm writing this. Here is a link so you can check it out for yourself.
    Thanks!  :smoke:

http://www.pier420.com/agog5.html

It is too good to be true, it's an electronic pipe. Don't waste your money with anything that looks like that.

If you really want a cheap intro, try out the Vapor Genie. You have to learn how to use it before you don't burn your herbs, but once you learn how to use it it'll get you ripped without combusting.

If that doesn't float your boat, the Firewood (more expensive, but worth it).

3. I am looking more for something that is discreet that I can keep in my pocket or something, like a pen. But I don't really want to spend more than 60 bucks on one., because I'm broke at the moment. Do cheap dry herb pen vaporizers exist? Or am I gonna have to break the bank to get one that is for me? Thanks

No, cheap dry herb pen vaporizers do not exist. There's one that recently came out that supposedly vaporizes, and it's $100 (the Grasshopper vaporizer). Another one is the T-vape, and it costs $160 and up.

Any pen vape under $100 will burn your herbs and it's smelly. There IS a "real" vaporizer that's $50, but it runs off of a bic lighter which is terrible in anything but standstill air conditions.

It seems as if the Firewood would work great for you, it's very thin and is unnoticeable comparable to a phone or wallet in your pocket. But the unfinished model costs $90. You cannot cheap out on vaporizers in general. $30 desktop model? Most likely will cause multiple chemical sensitivity/heavy metal toxicity, a condition you don't want to encounter.

5. McAfee just said I shouldn't visit that site, sketch?

They most likely will eat your money or wipe their asses with it. Which is why I usually try to steer people away from these cheap ass "vaporizer" pens.

7. I'll definitely look into this firewood vaporizer. The only other thing i can see myself possibly purchasing is the pulsar 7, because I have heard some good things about that. Have you guys heard anything, or am I better off just spending the extra dough and buying a firewood?

Thanks so much for the replies, you save me some cash and disappointment.

Again, not a vaporizer for herbs. Good for wax, burns herbs. Those ego batteries (or ego look a-likes) have a constant output of 3.3 volts. If you have ever had an e-cig, you'll know that 3.3v is well enough power to make a coil red hot. I have a Da Buddha, and when anything is introduced onto the heating element it'll turn it black (the heating element is orange/red)

The only pen vapes that actually vape (make your herbs brown instead of black/white) are the T-vape and the Grasshopper. Both of which are $100 or more.

There IS a pen called the VIP which is more than $100, and I don't know for sure if it actually vapes or not. Probably not, though. They introduced a glass screen in an attempt to separate the coil from the herbs, but given enough time it'll probably burn your herbs.

9. im sure you just put a screen in the chamber to make sure the coil doesnt contact with the herb and iv heard it makes similar vapor to the pax .

10. Hmm... The website does say that it includes 2 mesh screens. Anybody else know if it would work?

11. Hi, im new but i just bought one, there are alot of reviews on it , you just have to set the mesh correctly.

12. Bought the AGO Vaporizer a month ago.
    It finally arrived yesterday!
    I have to say, i REALLY LOVE THIS VAPORIZER PEN.
    Yes, what everybody says, it combusts instead of vaping, BUT when you put a screen inside the chamber it won't combust anything at all!
    But i've found an other way to make it work to.
    Grind your weed in a grinder, fill it in the chamber of the ago vaporizer and put just 1 drop of any e-liquid on top of the weed.
    The weed will not burn and you will get a very tasy vape inside of your mouth!
    If you can't find any screens at home, but you do have an e-liquid laying around ,just use this method.

I really recommend you to buy this product but be aware of this and don't make the same mistake as i did.
    There are 2 different versions of the vap. The AGO vaporizer and the AGO G5. They both look excactly the same but the G5 is a more updated model, because the previous version (AGO) was having some problems with the heating coil and stuff.
    Be sure to buy the AGO G5 and NOT the AGO.

13. Yeah I love my G5. Works great with screen and pier420 even sent me a extra upgraded battery. Use it almost everyday

Sent from my EVO using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. Yeahhh.... don't put e-liquids or any moisture for that matter in the heating chamber. It needs to be as dry as possible and the herb needs to be dry as possible for the best vape. The Ago G5 comes with the e-cig attachment so why wouldn't u just use that with e-juice. You must have some nasty buds if u need to add flavour.

Sent from my EVO using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. #15 pdcd66, Sep 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2014