Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Will vaporizing cannabis impact my spinal fusion

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by nugasawrus, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Psychedelicsam has a lot of spine issues/pain. His tincture thread was about him treating it.

2. #62 Honokiol, Feb 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2014

where is the link?

I just finished filtering 1500 ml of Bay Rum.  Only had enough cannabis to finish the first 375 ml. (pint) but it is nice.  I'm glad I put the black pepper in before I found that last document this AM.  Don't know if I'll get the sustained action I'm looking for but it feels like I boosted availability with it.  Feeling way good right now.

3. Some great posts in this thread! I wish I had something worthwhile to contribute :p

But yeah, appreciate the posts on bone growth and healing, and topical treatments especially. I had a four level spinal fusion years ago after breaking my back (L1-2) in a car accident, it's improved a lot but it still bothers me a lot of times, especially in the cold weather. Going to give the lotion a try once I have some hash oil.

4. #64 Honokiol, Feb 15, 2014
    nice to see you - - - you old smot poker. :metal:

Just remember recipes are starting points.
    Adjustment and customizations are expected.

Been thinking all night about extracting some black pepper with my ETOH next time I make hash oil then using my tincture of black pepper to make my tincture of hemp......  Should be able to make a peppered hash oil right out of the gate.  Wonder if I should go buy some more pepper tomorrow and just throw it into the Booze now so when I catch the urge to cook it will be ready to make the tincture of hemp no fooling around.  I'm finding my kitchen a little low on it all of a sudden. :eek:

5. its in the edibles section. There are 2 threads, one with tons of discussion and experimentation and the other is all his recipes condensed. His recipe is what i follow to make my extract.

6. #66 Honokiol, Feb 15, 2014

Thanks for the help it got me started!

I think the interface at GC is broken or I'm too medicated maybe both.

I searched PsychedelicSam from this thread last night & saw your post & my quoted reply to you asking for the link.
    Top level of the MMJ section cant find him at all.

Can't remember where to find links within GC menus to Edibles but found a book mark to it from someone elses help getting there & got one hit:  "PsychedelicSam's Magic Honey Elixir" It sure would be nice if they made it a little easier to find your way around and search the site history.  Looked through the front page & it looks like I need to spend a lot more time there instead of living in the Medical section without looking beyond it.  I know how to hit PsychedelicSam's profile & find his content and there is nothing there about the PsychedelicSam's Magic Honey Elixir thread though I do see Another Tincture Thread - Try it, You'll like it!

Sometimes this new site interface is worse than eating the wrong (or right depending on point of view) fungus.  I know what I'm looking for is there, usually it is right in front of me and I cant see it to save my life.

http://forum.grasscity.com/incredible-edible-herb/1040560-sounds-pretentious-but-here-goes-psychedelicsams-magic-honey-elixir.html?hl=psychedelicsam
    http://forum.grasscity.com/incredible-edible-herb/1102315-another-tincture-thread-try-youll-like.html

7. Figured id add, vaping WILL eliminate pain, ya just gotta have the right temperature. Vaping doesn't give you just THC, it gives you more of everything than smoking does because combustion is destructive. Its the rate at which the cannabinoids are delivered that gives you immediate relief or not. Higher temps=quicker delivery.

I can make some opiate-esque feelings from making a tincture from vaped weed and vaping a nice indica. You will have one hell of a body buzz

I got to find a better vape.  I have 4  in the house and don't like any of them.  I had a 5th but gave it away to a niece who smokes the way the vape did.

Do you have the volcano vape?

How much cannabis to alcohol ratio did you use in the bay rum tincture? I have researched that alcohol (cold) infusion is very effective in treating pain because of the raw cannabis making more use of the CBD content.

Nugasawrus

10. #70 Honokiol, Feb 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2014
    None of my vapes are a Volcano.  I don't really like any of the ones I have.   The best advice I've received suggests the kind that attaches to a bong.  Cool and humidified dose.

My process is not straight forward any more.  I use my rum to clean my still when I make hash oil then add the spices to the rum and make the Bay Rum.  I throw a gram of hash or kif / pint in just before I filter, test the product for feel and add more hash oil or kif to taste from there.  I like mild intoxication at Hr. of sleep.

I recommend starting with a gram of hash oil and a gram of kif or hash per pint to start and adjusting dose to taste from there.  That was how I did it in the beginning.  I didn't understand or use pepper then and it could be a bit much when pepper is used.

The cannabis adds duration to pain relief provided by the spices used.  Eugenol a major Terpene in several of the spices espicaly the Cloves in the Bay Rum actually hits an opioid receptor but has a short duration there and is non intoxicating.  The Cannabis is longer acting and brings better duration to the medicine so I can sleep through the night without pain waking me up.  It also promotes the release of endorphins which are believed to contribute to the pain relief Cannabis provides.  The Black pepper is a bio-enhancer  that helps all active indigence pass through the skin and then slows down the break down of the cannabinoids.

When I make Hash Oil the tincture as it comes off the cannabis is strong enough by it's self.  Use just enough alcohol to get all the plant resins off the leaf or bud and you are there.  Use 151 Rum if you go this way I like 151 best for the purpose no mater what but last time my wife got 80 proof & I had to fortify it with 190.  You may also need to split your rum 1/2 over cannabis and 1/2 to make the Bay Rum then combine the 2 at filter time.

11. I've found this very helpful although the subject is a big rabbit hole. I just have a couple questions really. Recently I fractured my spine and had fusion surgery. I now can't smoke weed as we know the negative effects smoking has on healing. However I can get hold of oil and said oil does get me high not sure about extraction process heard the solvent way is going to impair bone growth. I'm wondering if it's getting me high am I not getting the cbds needed for the bone growth? I'm not sure what strain the oil comes from but I've read indicas are the highest in cbds. Is there a difference in cbd oil and thc oil or is it a medical thing where they would extract the thc part out so not to get people high and just get the medicinal use. I'm cool with getting high in the process just wondered if I'm getting high am I not getting better? Your post seems to indicate that vaporising is working therefore must have both the thc and the cbd just want to know if thats the same with oil. At how long after the surgery should I be ok to be cracking on with which ever form of cannabis treatment I decide to use.? Also the pain isn't too much of an issue the going cold turkey from a 15 year everyday weed addiction is more my problem then I stumbled on to the fact it could help repair me aswell. Any thoughts answers or suggestions from anyone would be appreciated
    Thanks B

12. hey broski sorry to hear about the health problems. they suck and that is all that needs to be said about that.

i am a cancer survivor and have huge issues in my L1-L5. as far as smokinng ganja goes, no! do not smoke ANYTHING while you heal. vaping is NOT smoking. you are heating the ganja up only to the point that the good stuff "melts" vaporizes and then you inhale it. after you hit the ganja in your vaporizer a number of times it is then done. you dump it and save it for edibles.

speaking of edibles, you can use the bud you previously vaped to make edibles. they are great for pain relief because a majority of the time the stuff that is left in the ABV {already been vaped} is the heavy sedating part of the cannabis. so it works well to sleep and escape the pain. but you dont need to do it with just ABV.

you could decarb a few grams of ganja, then store it in a pill bottle in the freezer and dose it out 1 edible at a time. just ad a 1/4 of a gram to hot coco. add it imminently after you put the milk in the sauce pan to heat. that way it steeps and the fats in the milk pull out the good stuff for faster onset.

DECARBING-
    *take a gram to an 1/8 of some dankness and grind to a rough consistancy.
    *put it into a foil packet and seam all edges of the packet to be as close to air tight as you can get. think envelope with ganja inside made out of foil, get it?
    *put packet into a 220* preheated oven for 20 minutes.
    *allow the packet to cool to room temp before opening.
    *store in a pill bottle in the freezer for a few months if needed or in a stash spot for a few weeks. no more then that though.
    *use it in hot coco or in warm milk. regardless the ganja needs to steep in the milk for 10 mins. thats 5 mins under flame and 5 mins off of the heat. a number 4 or so on the burner for 4 or 5 mins gets it hot and steamy but not boiling on my stove top. never let the milk boil it kills the ganja. kills eeeeet!

PS..
    after rereading your post are you saying you're taking CBD for bone healing? not for vaping or eating ganja to help with pain management? if so, there are lots of great effects and health benefits from consuming ganja. so ya, i wouldn't be surprised if it in some way helps bones repair themselves !! i mean i know there are lots of tentative arguments for all kinds of amazing things that cannabis can do, but the jury is still out as to exactly how and how much. hope you get the relief you're looking for broski!