400w Northern Blue x4 - 400w - Tent - First Timer

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by masterdebater49, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Looking good bro... I just started a nlb and a chemdawg... Looking forward to a smoke report on it... Tour nl1 I would remove most of your yellow leaves to create more light towards your buds... Later in flower those fan leaves do change to yellow... Just pluck them out... Looking good I'm subbed...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. thanks stunner joe, youll def get a smoke report. I can tell you it reeks of blueberries so bad right now though in my place haha...the blueberry gum and white widow dont have any distict odor really..just some like weed smell i guess.

and CD - sorry for late response been busy. not ignoring you at all. And you have been a tremendous help to me along the way and for that I thank you. cant remember exactly what you said, something about bein worried I could take something you said the wrong way. Im not looking back to see what you said about that because not true bro! all is good.

as far as my next grow. im going to lay low for a while..i gotta move soon as well so I cant really do much until then. And definatly cant start cooking a soil up.

8 weeks and a few days today...I took the scope to the Northern Light Blue's and Im seeing swelled milky heads with some amber mixed in. I feel I can chop these down any day now if I wanted. they are so frosty and the white hairy (pistils? i believe) pistils have all turned orange and things seem to have receded into the plant. fan leaves are yellowing and come off the plant with the slightest tug.

does that sound like the description of a finished plant? anyhow im gonna re-evaluate this weekend.

the blueberry gum is not far behind with milky trichomes but still has few white pistils not many amber either.

white widow is further behind that....still a hairy beast haha needs to ripen more.  im sad the buds are very airy feeling...

ill try to get pics this weekend....i wanna chop the NLB's down like this weekend also! ah!

3. ok so im thinking of chopping the 3 NLblue plants this weekend woohoo! dont get me wrong , i could change my mind but idk ;) the test smoke went very well..hit me like a hammer all of a sudden.

the problem is I was planning on hanging the plants in my tent but I didnt think that the other 2 plants might take longer so I cannot do that anymore..

I was told not to hang them in a cardboard box like I did with my auto AK47 so im sort of stumped on what to do. any tips?

4. oh also i forgot i wanted to ask...today the plants are asking for water. since im planning on chopping this weekend should I just not water them?

5. When I harvest my plants I dont hang them up or anything, I just start trimming them up... When I'm finished I lay them on a cookie sheet for about 5 days to dry turning them occasionally... Its up to u if u want to water them... Maybe just give them enough to perk back up...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. Thanks joe ill think about it.

What do u think? They look done to you guys?

Nl5

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1394150372.471402.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1394150391.211161.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1394150411.512404.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1394150425.040620.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1394150437.258412.jpg

7. They look very done. Nice work, dude.

At the end of the day, you just want to dry/cure as slow as possible. People often try and seperate the two, but they are really one in the same. Drying is curing... you are just trying to slow it down because the slower it happens the better taste/aroma etc you retain from the flowers rather than the grassy/hay smell of improperly dried/cured bud.

I generally chop, strip off all the fan leaves and hang it overnight. The next day I'll trim it up and put it on the drying rack for 4-5 days. Then they go into jars and will get smoked as needed.

8. Update.

I have harvested the 3 northern light blue plants. The final weight of just those 3 was 134 grams.

Still got 2 plants to go !

9. #249 cdphalanx, Mar 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2014
    pics or it didnt happen :D

wet or dry weight?

congrats dude!

10. Haha ill get ya some jar pics later today.

11. Finished the awesome journal, thank you for the good read! I love the cliffhanger ending! Was the weight real... The world may never know.

12. I am back!!! I am so sorry that I became one of those guys that dissapears on their harvest day haha.  What happened was basically just like that afroman song...I had every intention of taking jar pics and posting all about the smoke and what not.....but then i got high...but then i got high...but then i got hiiiigh.

seriously tho I had so much bud I smoked 24/7, quit playing sports etc. and never even used the camera I BOUGHT TO TAKE THE PICS!!!!  i am a stoner =(

anyways....number 2 is coming up soon stay tuned.

HALF ASS SMOKE REPORT BASED OFF BAD MEMORY!

-hereforthefood.. So happy to hear someone read my journal, Seriously feels good to know! i gotta find where i wrote down weights But I think it was something like 8 ounces?

the Northern light blue was such a powerful bud...It didnt take much to get the job and it hit me hard every time...the only downside was that it had a crazy Couch lock effect...which was good when I needed that but since its the main plant I grew...lets just say I didnt get off the couch much. Also...Reeked and tasted like blueberries after curing...FACT

the white widow was my favorite and I can truly tell when I smoke a sativa now as it was a very uplifting and euphoric at the same time...I could also do active things outdoors on this no problem.

the blueberry gum was sort of a middle ground between the other two...I enjoyed it very much but I didnt have a lot of it.