400w Northern Blue x4 - 400w - Tent - First Timer

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by masterdebater49, Nov 12, 2013.

1. #1 masterdebater49, Nov 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2013
    Been doing a lot of research on here, so excited to get started. Hopefully I havent been too annoying with all my questions leading up to this ;)

Hoping to do the best I can with a 1st time grow going to need a lot of help a long the way im sure.

SETUP

- 4 x 2 x 7  Agromax Grow tent (28.75" Deep x 53" Wide x 78.75" Tall)
    - 400W HTG supply MH/HPS Ballast and Bulbs
    - 6" growbright inline fan 424 CFM (Exhaust)
    - 6" Ducting
    - 6" air cooled reflector hood 6" x 18" x22 "
    - 4" TD-100X fan for (Intake)
    - Bluelabs PH digital Pen
    - Tap water left out at least 24hours
    - 1/2 Gallon plastic pots to start
    - 3 Gallon Felt pots to finish (THINKING OF CHANGING TO BIGGER POTS)
    - Scrog net
    - 6" carbon filter (when the time is right )
    - Soil mix to start ( 50 % Roots Organic green lite 25 % Fox Farm Ocean 25% Perlite )
    - Soil mix to finish (75 % Fox Farm Ocean  25 % perlite) (Should I incorporate the Green Lite again?)
    - Going to build stands that the pots sit on and runoff will drain below into something I can take out of the tent and test/empty. When they get bigger ill get on this ;)

I plan on growing 4 plants Scrog, topping them at least once. the strain is  Delicous seeds Northern Light Blue.

[​IMG]

http://s1334.photobucket.com/user/richardson4990/media/photo6_zps6d11f99a.jpg.html" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

this is behind the tent on the floor 4"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I cut a 6"hole in my drop ceiling and my exaust goes up there...its only 3 inches of space before the ceiling up there but it seems to help keep the heat out of the room someone...i do not have an option of venting out of the room. I also can only intake from the same room. I try to open windows as much as possible for fresh air.

First of all the larger plant in the soda bottle is an AK47 AUTO. I had 3 seeds sitting around i never got to grow and i got impatient so i germinated one of them...this thing has been through hell. and its like my test plant I will throw it out if i need the space lol. I have done everything wrong to it from completely switching light cycles to watering it accidentally with calibration solution lol! its not doing terrible i suppose. it sprouted on 10/18 and its now 11/12.

11/4 - moist paper towel 4 Northern blue seeds
    11/7 - all 4 seeds showing a root. Planted in the soil
    11/9 - 1st Sprout
    11/11 - Second Sprout
    11/12 - Still nothing on 3 and 4....2 didnt grow much since this morning. 1 is looking ok i think.

Im getting real worried about 3 and 4 ;( also im guessing sprout number 2 is growing slow because it popped up right before the lights off last night.

2. #2 masterdebater49, Nov 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2013
    update

[​IMG]

11/13 - Sprout number 1 is looking great ! maybe a tiny bit of stretch ill move it closer to the light today.

[​IMG]

- sprout number 2 still has barely grown :mad: she sprouted 2 days ago and is barely stood up cotyldons havent even opened yet,,,
                 i am worried!
               -test dummy auto AK is droopy for a couple days now and im pretty sure it needs to be transplanted. ill do that today as well
               - watered all 3 with 6.8 adjusted water

very upset about 2 of my seeds not sprouting still...im begging to think its safe to say they are dead....this will change plans quite a bit.

I have one more of the NL seeds I didnt germinate...is it worth me starting this one or will the others be too far ahead and screw up my scrog?  with sprout number two growing shitty I almost wanna start all over while im only a week into this..

any advice? :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :confused_2: :confused_2: :confused_2: :confused_2:

3. update 11/15

-Transplanted the ak47 into 3 gal fabric pot last night (11/14) today looks less droopy and is seeming to be headed in the right direction again
    [​IMG]

-sprout 1 is really looking nice growing every day and seems to have great color and all around health.
    [​IMG]

-sprout 2 .....oh sprout 2...how you confuse me. still barely poking out of the soil..has the tinyest leaves known to mankind. i guess this thing is stunted a little? idk what could be wrong i did everything the same as sprout 1. i hope it recovers...no idea what to do here.
    [​IMG]

temps are always 75 to 80 average about 30% humidity id say give or take a little

i started germinating another seed last night of the NL blue hopefully put her in soil tomorow evening.

still thinking of starting this grow completely over!

4. update

11/15

-ak is recovering and growing nicely again..i believe its starting to show the white pistols or preflowers...not sure what they are called...hairy white things in pairs of two ;) lol noob alert!

-sprout 1 is doin fantastic   good growth and color

-sprout 2 hasnt grown at all WTF!!!!!! getting me so mad! why!!!!!

not sure what i should do...really aggravating me

5. guess what!

I got stoned and just ordered 4 more beanz

-G13 Labs Seeds Blueberry Gum  
    -Nirvana Seeds Northern Light
    -Barneys Farm Seeds Pineapple Chunk
    -Dutch Passion Seeds White Widow

and 2 freebies were

-Paradise Seeds Wappa
    -Paradise Seeds Delahaze

6. what would you all do if you were me?

would you keep sprout 1 (healthy northern light blue) 8 days old, and with the 4 new plants run 5 plants in the tent? or toss it to another project and focus on these 4. id have to train it more im guessing if its a couple weeks older than the new 4 plants.

to fit 5 plants i would probably do no bigger than 3 gal containers...not sure about veg times cuz im a noob and dont know these strains also.

7. 11/17 - watered all of the plants today with the usual. tap water left out for a day  adjusted to 6.8

i measured the runoff of sprout 1 and it was 5.8  is that ok? im confused about PH of runoff and if it should change how i water or anything.

heres some pics

ak47 auto
    [​IMG]
    again
    [​IMG]
    stunted little mofo! lol
    [​IMG]
    sprout 1 northern blue
    [​IMG]

anyways idk what im gonna do with all these plus the 4 seeds i have coming.

not sure if i should do more than 4 plants idk! so baked

8. Nice set up mate, your plants are looking lovely and healthy, keep it up and more people will follow :)

Subbed.

9. thanks dmt1803, lookin forward to havin u along for the ride.

im super excited about the 4 new seeds coming this week i would imagine.

this is sort of a half ass grow at the moment until the new seeds arrive. I dont think i will be able to just toss out the NLblue plants,the healthy ones at least. its leaving me unsure what to do. I think the Auto AK will be harvested in the time I need for vegetation anyways so that wont be an issue.

basically I will have two Northern Blue Sprouts and 4 new seeds making 6 plants...think I can pull off a 6 plant scrog in there? with 2 of the plants being one and two weeks ahead?

10. also anyone have any idea why the growth on top of my plant is colored like this? very light green.

i was sort of hoping for something like this to happen so I can learn from it, this is my test dummy plant after all.

pH issue? or something else? or is newest growth always this color?

[​IMG]

and heres the healthy sprout number 2 ;)

[​IMG]

11.  yeah man it's possible, as you're doing multiple strains you may want to keep note of all their finishing times,also keep an eye out for hermies, if you can get a magnifying glass that would be great for checking when each plant is ready for the chop.

your plants are looking great, that lighter colour green is totally normal it's the colour of new growth.

12. 11/22

some pics..still waiting for the new seeds and still undecided..how could i kill these!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. will post some pictures today..been real busy

seeds came in and i started germinating them last night ;)

AK47 has since started flowering and is lookin nice actually..cant believe the abuse that thing took early in its life.

one of the NL blue is lookin awesome...

soon to come though Pineapple chunk,white widow,northern light, blueberry gum

14. #14 masterdebater49, Nov 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2013
    11/27

AK flowers begginging
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][/URL]
    [​IMG]
    yellow spots on ak
    [​IMG]

stunted sprout 2 lol...prob gonna kill it like tomorow lol.
    [​IMG]

sprout 1 looking awesome..same age as the one in the pic above...now u see how stunted it is lol. im going to top it i think tomorow.? can i take 2 nodes off and make it really short?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

sprout 5...whats the curling leaves?
    [​IMG]

gonna pop the new seeds in soil maybe tomorow night im guessing.

pineapple chunk
    white widow
    northern light
    blueberry gum

Also..I want to start feeding AK47 some nutes...im going to buy the fox farm trio today what do you all reccomend? jump right to the flowering nutes right?

15. yellow spots are getting worse...anyone know what this could be?

16. Keep plugging along.. I'm subbing ya. Check out my 4.5'x4.5'x7.5' 1000 watt grow tent grow.. don't start over I see no point.

Special KAY

17. Are the yellow spots on the old leafs only?

Special KAY

18. And on sprout 5 don't worry about it. I didn't and they ate ok.

Special KAY

19. used 4 wooden stakes and some string to pull down the 4 biggest branches on this auto ak47, never too late i guess right. lets a lot more light to everything really.