The Truth about Hermie seeds

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by sandiegodank, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Well alot of people bash hermie seeds, and I'm not going to lie some hermies can be pretty gay , but the truth is feminized seeds are destroying cannabis, and its common sense you need a male and a female to make seeds.. I let a few generations (2 years) of hermies continue over the years, and. I have a huge female ratio starting to show itself... It is the plants self defense that tells it it needs some females too continue to the. Genetics... And I know that if you work o. Breeding techniques they are the best,.... Old school growers agree, but these new kids just too oh yeaa hermies are gay her is are gay..

I like SINSEMIlLLa,, but just trying to say that hermies aren't a lost cause like people

2. Uhhh.  OK.  I've read your post like 3 times and I still don't understand your point.

Lots of examples of asexual reproduction in nature that seems to work fine.  Although I agree, most plants require a male/female relationship.

Feminized seeds don't always suck - if they came from a mother plant that was forced to go hermie (colloidal silver or similar process) then they are generally good quality seeds.   If they came from a plant than went hermie on it's own - those are more of a crap shoot but are almost always poor quality seeds.   I've got some feminized seeds that you can tell came from a few generations of hermie plants - high chance of the plants going hermie and while the plants grow and produce well the quality of the bud (from the non-hermie plants) is mediocre at best.

3. Here is my take on it. I think feminized are a bullshit waste of money. Get clones from somebody who knows what they are doing then.

If people don't have the patience , room or skill to grow and sex plants then they need to find a hobby they are good at.
    I suggest ballet dancing, dog grooming or fingernail manicuring artist.

So I assume then that you distill your own water, and create your own soils and nutrients as well?

Yes i make my own soil, A lot better than what you buy. We have compost piles with all nice organic action going on, worms and worm castings, chickens that shit, egg shells, coffee grounds, vegetable waste. Its way better than some mass produced bark and sticks junk you buy in a bag. Iv been gardening organically for over 30 years.

Distilled water? NO I have an 400 gallon aquaponic system with fish and plants growing in it to gather the best plant water you can get. Its loaded with nutrients the plants can used immediately. It works great for rooting clones with a floating raft method.

We grow a lot of food so we take it seriously. if you were my neighbor you would not need to buy produce.

6. ENVIOUS....in the utmost positive way ;)
    Smokin' & daydreamin' of being in similar shoes one day. :lol:

Sent from my LG-L38C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Nice! 

Clones aren't readily available everywhere, and for those of us only growing a few plants feminized seeds prevent the risk of getting all males.

Ya well if there is no risk of genetic anomaly from a chemically induced sex change then do what works. I pass on the idea but breed my own seed. the tools needed are a piece of glass, a razor blade, a pill bottle and a q-tip cotton swab.

There are tricks to getting a higher percentage of females and its all due to environmental conditions of the plants first few weeks of life. I believe its possible to get more females by keeping temperatures favorable from sprout to seedling.

As far as hermaphrodites i believe its 100% genetic, if you are growing stable well bred plants then the chances of seeing a single hermaphrodite over the course of years is slim to none.

If plant with good genetics is stressed it just grows slow or poorly, there are so many myths about the cause of hermaphrodite that people can debate it but good plants dont care about light leaks and other bullshit excuses, they are boys or girls.

Im growing some auto flowering plants that show sex so early culling males is done before the last transplant out of the solo cups. Not much time or space is wasted on growing males.

Also I don't buy into the myth that hermaphrodites are not potent, some are very strong in flavor and THC. they should be destroyed by being wrapped in paper and promptly burned or cooked in oil though. :D

If you are buying hermie seeds then you are getting screwed by some stoned hippies with seedy ass plants calling themselves a seed bank. Im sure most real commercial seed producers strive to get you the best.

good luck folks and happy growing,

Noop.

10. #10 rain dancer, Nov 13, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2013
    I speak from experience.

My first few grows were hermies. All was great til they impregnanted themselves with pollen and produced nothing but seeds. The result of picking out those seeds was shitty bud. It was airy and since science tells us thc production is less bountiful and potent with seed grows, I disagree it's the shit.

I've heard people say what's leftover is so good, until they smoke a sensimilla and go full retard for 12 hours. The old hippies agree argument is irrelevant. A hippy is a hippy is a hippy. Doesn't mean shit to me tbh. Wtf does a hippy know about science? Acid is as far as most of them got in highschool, let alone college. Make aids not war dude!

Only people I ever hear arguing for hermies have no idea wtf they're doing or talking about.

11. Ive got some seeds ive found in my bud

It was bud that was stressed during flower due to a power surge, are they any good?

Just be sure it was not pollinated by a coconut tree. It could grow to 50 feet tall and drop huge seeds on your head and possible kill you.

13. Thats pretty funny

14. My POINt ISN'T what you guys are TALKING ABOUt .. Eventually a hermie will even out and keep an even female/ male ratio.. Genetics definitley play a role whether the bud will be good.

THiS is them preserving the FEmALEs because we all use fEMInized !

It kills off species..

A hermie saves its species giving female parts and male

15. #15 sandiegodank, Nov 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2013
    Of CoUrse no one wants them ! But. It really is doing harm only growing feminized.. I don't want hermies , but if one has time they can choose the fate of what happens to those genes .

All the dank strains are all wannabes of the original mother ..

People on these forums think that a hermie can't self pollenate but it can. It will produce seeds that have pure females males and ugly ass hermie possibly.. But stabilization is possible to keep the ugly hermie decreasing each offspring

SELF POLLENATED . That was my main point I FoRGot about being so STONED of this cherry pie and og..

Self pollenation. You don't need a fucking pure female and male.. That's something that' I've never read about on any forums and I have searched long. And far..

What if your hermie was an og breed. And started stabilizing bringing you females? I would keep those bitches.. Dnt

16. #16 sandiegodank, Nov 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2013
    You guys don't listen .. Like the original og strain has been lost due to the fact that we use feminized seeds.. Hermies are a result of feminized seeds,, it's there natural response to hey wtf we won't be able to make seeds. Without males..

I have a good yard front and back so I can Expirement with these things I grow sinsemilla and Expirement with my hermies and have had many many many females from self. Pollenated .. I don't need to buy seeds wtffff...

( last 8 years FIRST HAND EXPIERIENCE) hermies can TURN INTO the a good breed. Bring out better phenos .

But u guys don't care.. Kill off the cannabis race.. The I won't have any fucking weed to smoke...

Ugly I'm sorry

17. What do you think they make you fucking feminized seeds out of. Females fucking females..

Somhow the male gonna come back and fuck this hoe.. Whether he a transvestite or whatever..

but you need a stable male and stable female to have a good. Quality A strain.. Mainly seed companies fuck u over and there seeds have a decent gene here but the pheno is nowhere near the original.. And hermies have the ability to grab genes from males and females.. Some phenos will bring out different generations of the strain

18. #18 rain dancer, Nov 27, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2013
    Your last four posts are you....arguing with yourself?!?!?!

:laughing:

Yea hes funny, i remember my first beer.

20. Shit, now that I think about it, I really can't remember my first beer :-/

:laughing: