Too late to take clones?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by BluntMasterBen, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Grown two plants from seed, had no idea on the sex until flowering. I've read recently that taking clones from flowering plants won't work super well. When was I supposed to take cutting from them, or is this just how it works growing from seed?

I'd like to start vegging a few for the next cycle..

Also, while vegging, could I put them in with my HPS for the 12 hours it will be on to flower and then stick the babies under a fluro for the rest of the light cycle when its time for flowers to sleep?

2. Never to late to take clones. Been taking clones as late as harvest day.. Typically see roots a little later 2weeks+

3. Yep I second addicted! You can clone from flower but it will take longer and it is advisable to remove the buds and ensure there are sufficient leafs.

I have a rainbow jones going that I didn't clone as it took so long to veg, but it is a much faster flowerer than it is a vegger. It's in week 5 and I'm going to clone it within the next two weeks. I did a little trial of this last year, of 3 cloned from flower 2 rooted and 1 did not.

Good luck :) Let us know how you get on

4. most the cutting I have taken in flower results is a weaker plant.
    The plants grow less nodes and tend to be more streched :(

5. "most the cutting I have taken in flower results is a weaker plant.
    The plants grow less nodes and tend to be more stretched"

"Cuttings taken in flower, plants grow less nodes"

Hmmm. I've always noticed the opposite - a clone taken from a flowering plant growing more nodes - usually the clone taken has at least partial flowers at the top of the clone causing a hundred branches to grow...

J

6. Yeah with Organic, I think they call it super cropping, cause when the bud turns to veg there are shit load of little limbs that come growing out the bud.
    Does add 2+ weeks though to the normal cloning cycle, roots, return to veg blah blah

7. True. You can take clones anytime but if you want a worry and surprise free crop, I wouldn't do it.
    The last time I cut clones from indica that was 10 days into flowering.
    It took a long time just to revert back to flowering but after I transplanted it and started feeding, they mutated into some kind of a plant that looked very strange to me. Most of them got weak and died shortly after,
    So the answer is, yes you can. But I would not do it again.

8. I thought I was a Cloner God till I tried to clone White Widow .....lol (hit rock wall hard) .....lol

9. I rooted cut at 5 weeks flowering but not every strain will cooperate with that. I found it to be pretty much strain dependent on whether or not you can take the cuts during flower and have them grow out or not. I do them on a regular basis too I love the monster crop. they remind me of cousin It.
    Mj

from someplace on something

10. Ha, can relate with a very sativa OG Kush cut.. Painful how many clones didn't make it.

11. 34 for me last count, but will be making up for it some how ...some place

12. I just did this on my last grow. I pulled clones from a mom 7 weeks into flower. Roots took a little longer than normal and I put them under 24 hours of light. Switching back to full veg took about 3 to 4 weeks. They weren't stretchy and buds look great. Just plan your grow for a few extra weeks and be patient

Sent from my SM-N900V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files: