Heat Problem on First Grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by NorthernGuy, Nov 10, 2013.

1. #21 NorthernGuy, Dec 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2013
    I know genetics play a large role, but any guesses on how much the plant pictured will produce?  It's about 1.5 ft tall main stalk (2) with 10" side stalks (2).  There are ~25 bud producing sites in addition to the 4 main colas.  Thanks.

2. Now down to 2 plants, thought one of the last 3 was female but further into the grow I can clearly see male pollen sacks.

For Christmas, definitely need to invest in an electronic pH probe and probably a temperature/humidity gauge.  Most importantly, feminized seeds.  As of right now thinking of getting Head Cheese, Girl Scout Cookies, any recommendations are welcome.  Need something that I can take throughout the day and something that gives a good body high for sleeping at night.

3. #23 NorthernGuy, Dec 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2013
    Both plants are now out of room growing.  The taller, mutilated one I've had to tie down with string, the other is an inch or two from needing the same.  Really hoping the upwards growth stops, on the 26th day since I switched to flowering and girl has grown almost a foot, though the unhealthy one only 6 inches (and it's mostly making "popcorn" buds, lots of small growth on the bottom half of the plant).

Spent the morning cutting off any pollen sack I could find, generally about one per bud, especially on the lower sites.  Saw some pollen fall when I cut them off and no doubt some of the lower flowers got some, hoping most of the good bud sites won't be affected.

1 of 2 main colas on the best plant.
    IMAG0141.jpg

Resin production has only really been noticeable for a week.
    IMAG0145.jpg

IMAG0146.jpg

EDIT:  Some of the pistils have started turning reddish-brownish-orange and leaves yellowing and falling off.  Since I'm a noob and don't know what strain I'm using, I'm going to wait till the trichomes have started turning color till I harvest.