Could you help me please? Cant tell from over or under fed.

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by Ridiculous, Nov 10, 2013.

1. nice man, they look happy and lush. Im glad I did the calmag base then, ill keep a close eye on my run offs though. Did you run any training on them or topping or just let them grow out as nature intended?

2. nope, i'm just letting them grow naturally right now. this is my first grow so i thought i'd just let em grow and see how the plant grows naturally before trying anything different.

3. fair play man, im doing the same with one, but the others going to get lst'd. I was contemplating fimming or topping, but being the strain is so bushy anyway i figured id play a bit safer for a bit. Let us know what your harvest comes out though so ive got a benchmark from someone using the same jazz.
    Ive been told pk13/14 is a good idea on the a+b feeds though so ill be adding that as well (if i get the 7 days window of time correct that is)

4. i'll deffinately keep progress posted!

i actually just started a new topic in the coir forum about using a supplement during flowering with a/b...
    check it out.

5. man just a quick one, im running the calmag as a base plus the a and b but im still getting a cal def! how much do you put in as a base before mixing the nutes on top? have you always used the same base level?
    I got around to ordering the pk13/14 and cannazyme, ill run the cannazyme on the next grow though. Im going to do one with the pk and one without just to see if theres a major difference or not.

6. I'm using:3ml/gal cal mag10ml/gal a&b And this is in ro water with a ppm less than 10

7. Here dude I even took them out of the room to get the full view. This pic is the last day of week two in flowering

Attached Files:

8. frickin nice man, there looking lush. Ive gotta get mine looking more like that lol. I recon youll get a decent harvest of those beasties, ive got a way to go with my ones, i think im 4 weeks behind you at the moment (barring any more issues). Your 3ml cal mag and 10 a+b over how much water man?

9. thanks man! 
    the hardest part is being patient. i had a hell of a time restraining myself at times, but i did because i knew it was the right thing and i didn't wanna kill my plants.so just hang in there my friend!

and those rates are per 1 gallon of RO water.
    the water bill was due today so i told the wife to get a copy of the water report. if it looks good i'm going to switch to using tap because our tap water only measures out at 130 ppm. so we'll see what the report says when she gets home, as long as she didn't forget it.

10. Good grief, 130ppm! thats lush compared to mine, my standard is 300, which i would have used but they add something to it that creates this ph buffer so i had to use a daft amount of ph down to get her in range which made the ppms go up further. I might try it though when they get bigger and can handle it more, itll save a wedge of cash in the end on water (and calmag).
    I know what you mean with patience, my personal weakness in general is i want everything done yesterday, ive gotta kick that habbit to the curb where growings concerned.....

11. Well here's a little update for the few that follows the Coco sub forum. these two pictures were taken at four and a half weeks into flowering. Its weird I have two and a half plants what are exactly the same yet the one on the right is acting really weird I have several theories and I'm seriously considering removing it from the garden. Its like I locked it up on calcium early in the grow and it never recovered from it. And then a shot from my #1 plant. I ran outta time for more info. Goes get going...Will check back soon

Attached Files:

12. hey man its been awhile so i thought id see how it all came out in the end? ive got something like your last comment, ive got two and ones doing fine but the others gone leafy as hell on me. I think i just didnt quite recover from my earlier mistakes, and im told excess nitrogen can be a factor as well but who knows. What was the end result? how long did you end up flowering for by harvest day?

13. Alright alright! For those of you following. I'll make it short n sweet. And will add pics of course. I harvested only one plant out of two as some may know I lost the other one. I went to 9 weeks until I chopped her down. I ended up with 6 quart size mason jars full which is in the curing process now. The smoke right now is fairly neutral with a high that makes ya go, duhhhhhhh!!! The buds are more airy than I would like and I've started calling them "rookie buds" and I can't weigh then because I'm pretty sure my scale was stolen. Pics to follow!

14. Pics are pretty self explanatory I think. 6 jars full and 2 full of trimmings! All in all in happy and already thinking of the next grow

Attached Files:

15. Oh and can't forget a pic of full plant before harvest

Attached Files:

16. nice man, im in the same boat again with loosing one, i cut her down out of spite in the end, well really he/she. I figured something was up as the buds just stopped developing then i noticed some banannas starting to come through. I even cut the main cola off to show to the others as a warning lol.
    Im looking at quite airy/fluffyer buds as well on my beastie, apparently this is one of the negatives of cfls. some seem to get away with it though but i think ill switch to a small hps to see if the difference is a big as ive been led to believe (light penetration keeps the buds growing denser internally). Only bastard is the heat from them and ive got a pretty small tent. 14 days left untill day 70 for me, and by the looks of things she might need a bit longer perhaps a week, not impressed with the flower times stipulated via seedbanks, so far they all seem miles off, maybe dwc might keep the time frame down or something.
    Ill prob leave NL be now, ive got a power africa and a northern lights blue that are growing amazingly! litterally twice as fast, although the power africa frickin stinks. The nlb has a lush blueish tint to it, looking forward to the berry flavour, there both in flower already as well as one ak47, and one white widow. I think its a learning curve mate, the nls got the mistakes and nute probs ect and mine defo suffered for it, the others ive got so tacked down and regimented its insane.
    If i can get the same amount of jars from my nl ill be happy with that.
    Whats you plans for the next one, stilll going coco? I had a huge increase man, after days (litterally) of searching i found that canna a and b are good, but not quite there for this plant, part a has a lot of nitrogen, and b has more pk. I used a 50% less ratio on a to b in flower and the buds just started to grow more, and the leaves went to a normal green rather than deep dark green. Worth a go man.

17. good job man...for future reference your problem in the beginning was over watering...you can see the little creases in the leaves that arent on a normal leaf..it was probably causing some mag lockout...glad they came around for ya