Please help, I cant find an absolute problem fix :(

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by pugswatergirl, Nov 9, 2013.

1. #1 pugswatergirl, Nov 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2013
    I have the book Marijuana Horticulture the Indoor/Outdoor Medical Grower's Bible by Jorge Cervantes

I've looked in the water & nutrients section a few times today and I can't seem to find out exactly what this problem is.  I think it's partially a nitrogen deficiency and a potassium deficiency but, I found nothing about small brown spots on very green leaves.  All of the descriptions and photos show brown spots on yellowing or yellow leaves.  
    I do have some yellowing on a couple and I think that could be the nitrogen deficiency, but no clue about brown spots on the green leaves  :huh:

I will admit I have been going kind of light on the nutrients being a noob and all and I'm thinking I should up the nutes to the recommended amounts tomorrow during the water change.

I already know I don't have enough lights (this is a w.i.p.) and I've checked the heat (virtually none) with my hand and I really don't think these brown spots could be heat burn.

This is a Blue Mystic Feminized in a dwc
    Container size is 3.5 gallons
    Roots are growing long and are very white
    She is not in rock wool
    She's just in the Hydroton
    I am using an air stone
    starting with distilled water
    ph'd to 5.5 after adding nutrients
    Using the Botanicare line of nutrients

I have Budswell liquid Bat Guano but haven't used it at all.  Should I?

Any and all help would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance!
    View attachment 128305
    View attachment 128306
    View attachment 128303
    View attachment 128301
    View attachment 128302

2. You have to consider your nutrient profile and the fact that you are using distilled water...a lot of this stuff is meant to be used with tap water which provides Ca, Mg and other micros. What exactly are you using, and how much? Give FULL details of your grow...there's a form pinned to the sick plants section you need to fill out. It helps us help you, dig?

3. #3 pugswatergirl, Nov 9, 2013
    What type of mediumsoil or hydro? Hydro~DWC.  No rock wool, just hydroton
    What brand and type of soil? I forget the brand, but I rinsed it very well.
    Indoors or outdoors? Indoors, but not in the house
    What strain? Blue Mystic
    How old are the plants? Just over 4 weeks from seed (I know...not enough light = plants take forever.  Fixing this problem soon).
    What type of lights and how many watts?  CFL 23 watts each. 6500k and 1600 lumens each. There are 6 of them (not enough, I know...better lights coming soon)
    How far from the lights? 3-4 inches until last night.  Now they are 5-6 inches
    What is your watering frequency and source of water? Res change once a week, distilled water
    What, how much and when was it fed? NPK? Using Botanicare line.  Used grow, base & Cal-Mag+.  Grow npk is 2-2-4 and I used 7ml in 1 gal, base is 4-0-0+5% Ca and I used 6ml, Cal-Mag Plus is 2-0-0 and I used 5ml all into 2 gallons distilled water.  Last fed on 11-02-13.  
    What is the medium/runoff pH and PPM if in hydro? haven't checked yet, water change is today.  Was 5.5 when put in.  I don't have a ppm meter yet.  That is coming soon.
    What are the temps and humidity in the room? Temp is 70 (68-73, sometimes it has gone up as high as 80)  Which is why I think her leaves are drooping.  I think the res water got too warm :(  I'm in upper Michigan and the weather goes from 50 degrees to 70 degrees back to 50 sometimes all in one day.  Grow room is not in the house so it's not regulated like the house is.  I'm doing my best to stay on top of the weather changes.  Humidity is normally around 40% but has gone up as high as 52% on raininy days.
    What size pots? 6" net pots
    Any bugs? Look real close. zero bugs.
    Any other pertinent info?  Roots are very white and don't appear to be in any way bad looking.  They are getting long.  Also, this grow room is being heated using a wall mounted propane heater.  Hopefully that will be supplying some CO2 into the air for it??

4. I am using distilled water because my tap water is ran through a water softener and contains a lot of salt.  It literally killed tomato plants in the garden this year (we suspect) and I spoke with an older long time grower and he suggested I don't use my tap water for growing this plant.

5. A bit chilly in there but not by much. That is a big dip in temp from day to night...that will stunt growth. Would like to see your EC/ppm.

6. #6 pugswatergirl, Nov 9, 2013
    I'll be getting one of those meters next weekend.  Yeah, the weather is a bit crazy here.  It was raining 15 minutes ago and now it's snowing :\\

7. Ha! Same here....to early for this shit.

8. I think I'm probably just really, really high...but after seeing those pictures I have two questions:

1 - Is that even weed?
    2 - Are you trying to grow it on chocolate chip muffins?

Yeah, you're probably just really really high LOL

10. Don't use the budswell yet but I would up their food a little. Also I'm wondering if you're roots are getting enough air to them, is your air stone clean and working well?

Sent from my NSA recording device.

11. Ok, thanks.  I won't use the budswell yet.  The air stone seems to be working fine...tons of bubbles.  

12. I'm confidant I can say this issue seems to be resolved :)  
    After doing a res change and upping the nutes to full strength and raising the lights she is no longer drooping, she is getting taller and seems to be a happy girl again :)
    I will post pics on Saturday November 16th 
    Thanks to all who helped out!