Michigan growers unite

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Swagar, Nov 8, 2013.

1. Michiganders- bad news. Apprarently a grow op has burned down this morning, just across the street from my home actually. Let this be a reminder to us all, be safe and legit when creating your grow space... i couldnt imagine the devestation if my grow went up in flames... happy growing MI

2. Alas, for the the buds were meant to be burnt, but burnt they were too soon.

3. Damn. Hopefully no one was hurt as well.

4. Damn trannys.

Attached Files:

5. Grow ops very rarely burn down. It's two bit hacks trying to make wax that burn places down. Its only hurting the growers and the patients in Michigan. But ghetto ass idiots making shit dabs don't care. Its sad. That people do not understand the Butane is flammable and is a gas and smoking cigs in the same room as you are attempting to make wax with all the windows sealed up because its winter is a bad idea. But I guess they never paid attention in chemistry class in HS.

I was a caregiver in MI and now live in a non legal state were the penalty for one plant is 20+. People in MI are already taking it for granted being able to medicate at home and grown their own. That's why the state is trying to get new laws passed to end home grow ops and make licences much harder to obtain. Giving up your right to grow your own organic bud so that the dumbed down pop. Can have legalized recreational bud they can buy from a state owned chemical factory. 9/10 people I met in MI through the medical MJ didn't give a shit about organic bud and had no ideas really what goes into it. They just wanted to get high smoking wax. But for the people who want organic medications for legit purposes those stoner/ghetto those who don't care are about to fuck it up for us all. Its now a serious safety hazard to allow people to "grow" mmj because of idiot blowing up houses making cheap wax. Because someone told them to use butane and PVC pipe. Ahhhh it just grinds my fucking gears so damn bad.
    Sorry about the rant.

6. I'm in GR...anyone had to have an electronic ballast repaired? I have 1000w that took a shit. I know i can replace it for $100 on fleabay...but keeping it for a back up would be nice.

7. Yes you can buy parts for the ballast they are simple and cheap. Use google.

8. I'm an electrician....electronics is not my specialty. Almost the entire board is coated it black plastic...how do you get that off without ruining it? I'll have to post a pic. I've soldered quite a bit, but if it isn't something obvious, then how do you find it?

9. Here's a pic

[​IMG]

If it were a magnetic ballast...that's more what i deal with..I'd prob have a back up capacitor sittin here cuz that's usually the cause, but this isn't that simple. My suspicion is in one spot i see the plastic is split covering some component. But i gotta get yhat shit off to check...suggestions?

10. #1930 MasterBaker4200, Jan 7, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2016
    this is your very first post. How did u find this thread so quickly?

11. Dispensaries are tricky. There's only 1 i know of left in GR. Two got raided a few weeks back. One opened back up next day, the other from what I heard, lost their lease. Where you settin up shop, and do you have everything in order. Not volunteering for the spot, just curious.

12. why are they getting raided?

13. Dunno...the raid was on the news....took all money n smoke but arrested noone. I went n talked with them..they had every employee in cuffs for 3 hours then left with money and smoke. No follow up on news...go figure

14. Lots of gray areas in our law here, they do what they want, being legal is not protecting us at all in most cases and as far as I know our laws on dispensaries have not been finalized so any that open are in danger

15. Not to mention the inconsistencies from 1 area to another. Talked with a guy last weekend who said in Lansing they have a farmers market for weed. Growers letting you sample product, buy seeds/clones. I haven't seen it for myself...but I know that wouldn't work in GR

16. i practically live in lansing. Never heard of that and dont think its ever happened. Please prove me wrong because i would like to attend some shit like that hahaha

17. Correct me if im wrong but im pretty sure medical marijuana is protected under federal law now as well. So the only reason those places were getting raided should be because of illegal operations

18. Its likely they were not up to the law, Who really knows. There's allot of folks just shooting off the cuff and stretching the law as much as they can, and once they find something that isn't within the law its game over. Kind of pisses me off as its going to ruin it for us that follow the law and just appreciate the fact we can do it legally.

19. And this is why I have always grown for myself, to much grey area and every jurisdiction has their own interpretation. I would love to see some farmers market style options in th D but all we have are an over abundance of shady dispensaries.

20. The rumor, as I've heard it, is the last standing dispensary in GR is owned by lawyers. Believe it or not GR is still a predominantly conservative area. I'm assuming they had nothing. Otherwise that would have made the news. Instead it just disappeared. As far as the lansing thing, I'll try n get more info about it cuz I'll take a road trip to chk that out.