Michigan growers unite

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Swagar, Nov 8, 2013.

1. #41 singerboy420, Nov 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2013
    I call her the "bride of frankenstein," as I have tried to kill her with my clumsy carpenter hands. Not a very good pic, she is doing quite well really. The second and third pic are the same plant. Her pedigree is unknown(bagseed). I threw nine or so seeds in with my vege garden last year. She was the only one that sprouted, again six year old seeds, take what you get. She only got about 16" inches tall before light started to fade. She began to flower nicely but was not going to finish before frost. Since she was spitting out what looked to me like massive amounts of trichome, I decided to try a reveg, she has been in the house now for a month. I was trying some lst ing and broke her twice. the second time was a piece i thought was clonable so i put some gel on and in the dirt. That was maybe a week ago and it still has green so I am keeping my fingers crossed. Sorry about the book, guess I should start a journal.

Peace, be careful out there
    Dave

cfls are all 6500k with 2 2700s thrown in, the "bride" is now under two 23w 6500ks, i have 40w fluoro tubes but am getting some bigger with the proper spectrum..thanks for the input.

2. I have 2 600's and a 1000. In a 5 x 10 x 6' tent. I keep my heat as low as I can bare. When lights come on it's back up to 68 real quick. I have too many neighbors to vent outside.

I have been looking at solar for a long time. Wind as well. If I move back north I'll deff look into wind and solar. Grew up in and around petoskey. Needed something different. So moved down here. Like it. Just a lot more people. Traffic. Bullshit.

Do you heat the house with gas or electric? If already using electric heating might get away with turning the heat down and using a 600 hps. You're already using 345 watts right. Veg with that switch to 600 hps to flower. Will only slightly bump up power consumption. Or let your landlord know your going to be using a space heater and offer to pay 25 more a month.

3. Southeast mi grower as well over here

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Nice Swag, I saw someone had gotten a 400w hid with a mh and hps bulb for like $120 that could be squeezed out i think. As for the landlord...that would be my dad, who is, i think cool with the situation but i would rather not deal with the scrutiny. 5 x 10 x 6'...very nice. how many do you flower at a time. I was thinking flower room 4x8x6 and flower 3-4 at three week intervals for a perpetual grow...may have to upsize....weeeee

Rafiki...nice grow, hope I dont disappoint when mine finish.

Hi Carl...hows the weather

5. Welcome! Care to describe your plants environment? Do you grow indoors? Soil and nutrient preferences? Lights?

6. Well in a 4 x 8 you're going to need 2 400. Min IMO. 2 600 would be amazing.

I can only fit 12 full sized plants in there. I to lightly lsted and they went crazy. Next time I'm topping and lst to shoot for 18" each top. I'm hoping to switch to LEDs this summer. Keep growing year round. Less heat. I'm planning on using more actual led watts than I am hps. So hoping for an awesome grow. It'll be 7200 LEDs watts. 3000 actual. Looking at the mars two 900 watt lights. With smaller plants hoping to cram in 32. With a somewhat perpetual grow.

7. Hey everybody
    Fellow Michigan grower here (Detroit)
    But as of lately it seems I've been committing plant homicide

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. Care to describe you're plant problems or environmental issues your having? There's a great sticky in sick plants that would help anyone reading if you filled it out and posted.

9. Sorry I have been sick for a few days, one of the downfalls of medical issues.

For those of you having trouble cloning I will post a way that I have taught others and they are getting great results. Just give me a few days to write it all up in detail. I take clones every week and have for about 3 years with very few issues.

I don't think I posted the strains we run currently: Dumpster (clone only), Purple Mr. Nice Guy, Purple OG Kush, Strawberry, Romulian Diesel, Skywalker OG, White Rhino, Mazar, Cheese Dawg, and Blues.

We usually have about 40 plants in various stages of flowering at any time. We harvest every week.
    If anyone has any questions just ask!

SignSmoker

10. I agree you would need 600's in that area. 400 watt hps's are not as efficient as 600's.

11. Well my grow was outside till sum plants got stolen
    After that all i had left was a clone of lemon drop, 2 unknown that was maybe 3.5ft tall and 2 seedlings
    Moved indoor vegged the unknown plant and chipped it to early, killed the seedlings and the clone had started bugging so i tried to revertr it back......no signs of growth foot 2 months so i killed it
    As of now i have the one unknown plant (which i brought outside 2 days ago for fresh air considering air flow where it's growing is minimal and the wind and rain outraged it over so now i have stilts along the sides of it) and 3 new seedlings ( 1 looks sick,1 stretching and the other looks good) growing under cfls, no nutes yet jus plain water, soil is a mix of miracle grow time release and top soil.
    Prior to this grow, last summer i grew purps, stunted plants growth but still came out great all out door. Also in march this year i killed 3 blue dream seedlings with the wrong lites.......heat lamps

12. I would stay away from miracle grow time release. You want to know what's in the soil so you can give the right nutes to the plant. Try Fox farms ocean forest and that has enough nutes to run for 3-6 weeks without adding any nutes to it. (Dr earth isn't bad either...both are readily available at any grow shop. These are great for new growers or people having issues after your growing great then try making your own mix to save a few bucks.

13. Rite
    The issues i have are lighting and air flow but I'm getting this under control
    The only other issue i have is where to order my seeds from. I read good reviews on a couple places so now all i have to do is place my order n cross my fingers

14. Sorry to hear that. I was hoping you were hunting. I was in the up and had no signal all weekend. No deer. Saw quite a few driving home counted 20 that others had got.

I think I speak for all of us saying thank you for taking the time to write up your clone process. And again with say hope you get better and stay healthy.

Pm if there's anyway I can get a cut of that dumpster. Sounds intriguing.

15.  tips on lighting duly noted...will keep my eyes peeled for something to fit the budget.

16. Thanks!
    I used to hunt, my hunting buddy died and it was just never the same so I haven't been in about 6 years.

17. Here are 2 pics for you guys.
    One is of a 20 inch tray of white rhino, the other is a curing area.
    The dried meds go into 2 cabinets for curing and once cured they get delivered to patients. 
    These are old pics.

Attached Files:

Oh I'm sorry. I feel awful now.

On a more happy note those pictures are mouth watering.. which is good cause i have cotton mouth.

19. Ahhhhhh that explains everything reveg makes plants look so weird but just keep er truckin and it'll all grow out into a super bush 1384921262472.jpg 1384921287029.jpg

That's a heavy sativa I just revegged for example. So I take it back all looks good

And remember you can never have too much light ;)