Michigan growers unite

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Swagar, Nov 8, 2013.

1. Come on there has to be more growers in Michigan. You are all welcome. Feel free to post pics. Ask questions. Not saying I'll have the answers, but someone on the site is bound to.

2. How were you keeping it at 1500ppm? controller, timer, or some other method?
    I have ran Co2 for a few years and not had any trouble with mine finishing. Yes I use it, I have done side by side comparisons with and without it. We get 20-30% larger yields with it depending on strain. Its not just Co2...you must feed them more and keep your temps a little higher (about 80 give or take a degree) as well as be consistent with the Co2 levels to get the benefit.

Mutant plants: Yes, I think anyone who's grown enough plants sees some. It is nature... some strains are more prown to it though. I have had a few "top themselves" and I have had a few flat steams. I would avoid cloning from that particular plant if possible.

3. I had a timer and monitor. I would bump it up to 1500 give it some time then bump it back up. I was never able to keep constant 1500.

I wasn't planning on cloning. It was quite interesting to watch. Can't wait to see how she finishes. 5 more weeks. She's 24" tall 6 or so really nice tops. I lst'd all my plants. Not very well on my sativas. Four grew to 48". They're almost touching the glass on my 1000 watt in my xxxl hood. Only 10" from the bulb. No light bleaching on any of them.

I did finish that grow. It's just it was starting to smell up my house. So I put my fan/filter combo in the tent and stop using the Co2. So didn't finish while adding Co2. I think it helped in veg.

4. Hey everyone new to the post so what's up fellow michiganders?

5. Welcome!

Unfortunately this post hasn't become as popular as I would of liked. It is nice talking to fellow growers. Figured more would chime in.

What kind of set up you got running?

Type of plants?

Led/ hid? Cfl?

6. There is no reason you cant have a carbon filter and co2 in the tent at the same time. I use a digital co2 controller with fuzzy logic it has set points and you can set your ppm at the level (number) you want it to kick on at and then you set the max level...when it reaches the max ppm set...it shuts off the valve on the tank or the natural gas burner. Mine kicks on at 1500ppm and turns off when the space reaches 1800ppm. Their are 4 carbon filters with inline blowers in each corner just scrubbing the air 24/7 to keep the flowering smell under control.

Why not clone?
    Are you using feminized seeds?

7. I do use feminized seeds. I have tried cloning but no success. I will continue to try just haven't recently. When I have more space I'll get into more.

I have 8" carbon scrubbers and they sit on the floor of the tent. Too heavy to hang. 8x24 with duct silencers. So really heavy. I kinda figured I'd just end up blowing the Co2 out of the tent. Didn't want to waste it.

8. I have really great lunch with clones. What did you do when you tried, maybe I can help you.

9. yeah idk if its this part of the world has bad juju towards cloning or... idk i cant get one to last either.

for a overview i have 2 sativa twins that im pretty sure is chocolope or durban poison, an indica i think is romulan, 4 lemon skunk seeds i got from a local dispensary and 15 northern lights plants i got the seeds from a buddy of mine, picked up 110 for $25, like fuck yah.
    600w metal halide
    4 tube 4' t5 6500k bulbs
    self mix for dirt i wouldnt be able to tell you whats in it at this point.
    sensi grow a/b for veg, techneflora starter kit, molasses supplement and i think thats it for the total spectrum of nutes i use.

need to build a rooom from scratch and need better ventilation

10. What did you put your cutting/clones in?

11. I have a altrasonic mister I was using along side air pump and air stone. I tried with no nutes and just water. In a 3 gallon bucket with hydroton. I took a cutting put it in my pre soaked rock wool cubes. After dipping in cloning solution. I only tried with two and gave up after 10 days. I was going to try again before I put my current plants into flower. I was going to take a cutting at 45 degree angle. Cut up the stem slightly, dip into cloning solution and then put into soaked rock wool. Using a tray and plastic cover with a 23 watt cfl above. That way I could fit more and better my odds.

12. Count one more michiganese...I m up in the ring finger just north of the pinky. Wouldn't call myself a "grower" yet. This will only be my second go round. The first having been twenty some years ago. Was just named as primary so...here i go.

13. Hey glad to have some new people here. Was just in petoskey. Boyne falls. What kind of set up you using? Strains?

14. Nice...played a gig in Boyne a while back. I m between petoskey and traverse city. Set up so far...homemade cfl panel will hold fifteen 23 watters...have seven going right now(costs $.39 a day) as all the little ones are packed pretty tightly. Making up a soil i found the recipe for on GC. Going 100% organic...this is medicine after all. As far as strains go...everything so far is from seed that i am sure is at least six years old. That said i have my twelve little ones so...figured i would get my feet wet...or dirty as the case may be.

thanks for the warm welcome...was lurking around some other sights but this felt like a good home.

15. Not problem. I can't wait to switch to organics. Hopefully soon. I have twelve going and some are rather beastly.

Grasscity is great. Lots of good people. A lot of good information.

Still need to find more Michiganders. Any pics of your set up? Sounds great.

16. Total noob to the whole forum thing...love it so far..sooo much info. will try to post pics. forgive me in advance if things go awry

17. Yes it did. Awesome setup. All the best luck with cfl. I like hps. The heat sucks though. Might give the new 5 watt LEDs a chance. Or see if when I do need to buy them they've improved on them. 10 watt chipset. That's the dream.

18. well to be honest the last one looks sad. it needs more light, if huge bulbs and balasts arent in your spectrum head to home depot grab a couple t5's and add that and itll grow like a charm

19. Sorry...Patty(wife)..."borrowed the computer for a minute"...I am considering going hps for flower with some cfl side lighting...what wattage are you using? The heat would probably help in the basement of this old house. The electricity is more of an issue for me as i am renting with utilities included but try to be very frugal. I have been researching leds, my intention dtr(down the road) is to grow off the grid. I have a friend who is wise in the ways of solar. With a wind turbine for a boost in the "dark" months. But that is a ways out budget wise. I am going to try a diy led panel at some point as soon as I can learn enough to feel comfortable with the electronics portion.