Thoughts On Creatine and Whey Protein?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by PositiveHerbs, Nov 8, 2013.

1. What about food in place of whey protein?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

Damn!!! You should NEVER take 20g of creatine in a day. That's the amount of creatine you would naturally get through around 12lb of red meat, and that cannot be good for your liver.

Stick to around 5g a day, 10g at most if you are 200lb+, and do not bother loading it, that's just the manufacturers way of having you go through their product faster so you buy more. 5g a day and you'll be good to go.

And of course Real food > Whey protein, but unless you can manage to make a 8 or 10oz steak right after working out, I'd stick with a protein shake.

4. No I eat real food after working out so all my money goes to dank buds lol.

5. On average what do you eat right after a workout?

6. It aint easy being swole :gone:

7. Chicken or Beef, brown rice or potato, vegetable or salad and a bowl of fruits.

8. all that matters is total grams of protein really, unless you train twice in 1 day, then whey is better because will repair faster. I prefer to eat a lot of whey, and then a lot of junk food. 

9. Or you can stop working out to failure so u can workout 5-6 times a week while not being too sore.

10. tis true tis true

11. creatine is probably one of the only working supplements out there. if your serious about lifting, take creatine, your protein doesn't have to be whey but whey is good, and a multivitamin like optimen or mens one a day

12. lots of misinformation in this thread. if you have to ask what creatine and protein is chances are you would be wasting your money at this stage in the game. 90% of ppl who take supplements are not at the point where its going to get them returns

just stick to a regular diet for literally a year+ consistent before supplements enter the equation

13. #33 jreis, Dec 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2013
    I wrote a 23 page thesis on creatine monohydrate in high school. I've taken it on and off for a couple years now, and it definitely helps in aiding recovery and building muscle. To avoid the water retention side effects, take extra care to eat a balanced diet and hydrate yourself accordingly. Take a teaspoon of creatine every day with water. I suggest supplementing for a month on, that is taking it every day, and then 3-4 weeks off. This will avoid any other potential long term side effects (which are unlikely) but also your body will filter through its creatine easier, your strength will hold for the next month, and you'll see more gains after you start supplementing again.

As for whey protein, if you can afford isolate or hydrolyzed protein then buy that. It's expensive, but it absorbs quicker than concentrate and is more effective after a workout.

If you want to know anything else, let me know

PS. Oh yeah, only supplement with creatine if you are serious about working out. Otherwise it isn't effective.

14. i like this creatine/glutamine mix.

I used to take it when truing Bjj
    I would go from school/work to running gym or hot yoga then train.
    Its good for recovery and endurance. I mainly took it at night to recover with magnesium and calcium since i was drinking Ro water.

I havent taken it in two months since i was on it for so long. 

If I take the full dose it for sure swells me up which can give to allure to bigger muscles

i also noticed i could take a small amount( quality product) and get by
    so a 50 dollar jar lasted me 6 months
    so maybe I will start again and use it for more of a stack.

but i feel like it did not have much ill effect as to my bodies own ability to utilize creatine from food.

super good for training. Maybe my max wasn't that good. But some weeks it was 6 days going all out

15. whey protein is not the way 

16. gracie power smoothie remix

5 bannas 
    4 raw eggs
    water melon juice
    goat cheese creamy(8,oz)
    raw honey?

raw goats milk.  fresher the better