Cuttings/Humidity dome question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by JMJ3480, Nov 5, 2013.

1. I've currently put 12 fresh Blue Dream cuts into a tray covered by dome. The current readings are 78 degree and 60% hum. I cannot for the life of me get the humidity higher which I think it should be. I've tried misting the dome 2-3 daily, put soaked cubes in the empty slots and even left a little stream of water on bottom of tray. Any other ideas? Would a heating pad help raise humidity or just temp? Any past remedies or tricks? Or is the 60% hum good enough to pop roots?

Thanks

2. We spray them and the dome 4 times a day and 5-6 times during summer. We also use a heating mat except in the summer months, it is set to go on and off to maintain a constant temperature. We also leave about an 1/16 or so of water in the bottom of the tray. We have been 99.9% successful using this method.
    Good luck!

3. Thanks dude. I'll try the heating pad....funny thing is the first time I got 9 of 11 to root and the humidity was mid 70s. I'm using the exact same setup/tools and cant get one to pop. Plus the humidity wont climb past 60%?? Weird

4. 60% in a dome? I would think it would be able to maintain much higher. Hmmm

5. yeah I cant figure it out. The vents have never been open. I mist the shit out of it too. I have a 4 blub T5 about 20-24 inches above, should I raise or lower? I'm lost seeing that it worked before