Can never smoke again :(

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by tokeiteasy!, Nov 3, 2013.

1. So I got this job at publix and I really do like it. I've been there 6 months and passed the pre emp drug test, after 3 months I was promoted, I just had an evaluation and I was given a pretty fair raise. Everything is going great there i've made great money, met great ppl, even met some girls there and ended up getting laid.  :hello: So everything there is literally perfect!

Until, the random drug screening. Now of course I didn't pass that and if you live in the south and you've heard of publix you know they're pretty strict. So now I have been suspended (for the first time) and I have to pass a substance abuse course first before I can come back. But the worst part is when I come back they're going to be random drug testing me for a course of 18 months! and if I fail, it will result in termination. It is just a mouth swab which i've past by smoking a couple days before but still its just not worth it. I mean I really love my job but I also really do enjoy smoking and I don't wanna go the rest of my career without touching it at all!  :cry: I even thought about shortening my availability and opening my horizons and getting a different job or going to school but still stay with publix for a little that way i'm not working every single day and my opportunity to smoke will be greater. Am I just justifying it? idk what to do :(

2. #2 swimswimswim, Nov 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2013

duuuuude you shoulda just used fake piss. i work at an american super market and shit works lovely. quickfix formula 6.0 :)

sorry to hear u got caught man

3. You're not seriously calling Publix a career are you? Find a job that doesn't test, fuck that bullshit. 

4. it was mouth swab so it doesn't test as for back but just a matter of hrs. My problem was I never heard of anyone getting randomly tested so I always smoke and then when I came in the morning I got tested and I had toked the night before. :(

5. Stop smoking and start applying somewhere else if it bothers you.

Sent from The Gods.

6. I know what your saying but the money really is pretty good and the benefits and everything just make it a great company to work for. However, as ironic as it may be I don't wanna work at a place that doesn't drug test cuz then they'll be a bunch of druggies, (non motivated non responsible) workers that are there because they know there is no testing.  

7. hey thats not always true though. My Fiancee works at a tech job, lots of employees that are college aged, all of them are hard workers and you know they probably partake. There are great jobs you can find that don't require testing that don't include a bunch of lazies as well. I get where you are coming from though. I started off at a grocery store as well and its great for experience. If you keep it up you can use that experience to get a better job in the future. Also look into job training so you can do something you enjoy. 

8. does your job allow you to help people?

or is it just a means to an end?

GOOD pay and benifits
    but no freedom

sounds like slavery

move to a medical state get a good job and don't be discriminated against 

9. Rule #1 of smoking: 
    You control the herb, it does not control you.

Now, I don't know all the facts, but it sounds like a really nice job. If you're contemplating going back to school, I would do it, and maybe work part time at the Publix. If you don't want to go back to school, then lay down the herb for a while, and relax. You probably still can smoke though. For the first few months, don't smoke, but see if there is a pattern in their drug testing. Don't smoke after things like christmas, new year, or 4/20, those are the most likely times you will be tested. 

It's up to you, but don't let your life be changed because of weed, that's just something extra that you put in to enjoy life a little more.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Call center jobs dont test bro. And im sure being baked and answering phone calls will make time fly

11. #11 Bamboobam, Nov 3, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2013
    Man FUCK the south! They are the least progressive people ever! Seriously ugh. I am only saying this since I actually live down here. Wayy too conservative but they want to be into their guns and alcohol. (Not all obviously but this is the overall image of them)

12. #12 snoopdog6502, Nov 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2013

No shit, I'm in Washington state, they tax the fuck out of us but its damn good living up here.
    Minimum wage is $9.19 per hour. What is it in some of the southern states?

we have our gun packing hicks up here to but many are stoners.

13. For an example min. wage is $7.25 where I live but the cost of living is a lot cheaper though.

14. you said it's just a mouth swab test, so just cut back to smoking on the weekends or your day off or whatever if you're really so concerned about it. Just think of it as a way to keep your job and reduce your tolerance. Sounds like a win win to me.

Sometimes you have to prioritize man, people on here will be all like FK that don't stop smoking weed and blah blah but sometimes you have to do what's best for your life. Don't get me wrong I love Marijuana and I'm pro for it but I just started smoking again, I quit for 4 years straight because I needed to get my head clear and my life in order, get a career and a family & some meaning in life. Then I started again. I say keep the job and try to work something out, even use fake stuff I dunno but some kids on here don't know what being responsible is. There is a lot of pro's to weed but just because I love getting high doesn't mean I'll be ignorantly bias an deny that there are some down sides. Some people act like there's nothing bad about drugs at all but i'll tell you one thing it doesn't make you smarter. I use it more responsibly now then I use to and I wouldn't let it take over my life because that's when you stop being the person who is using it for good and have just plain become an addict. Don't let weed ruin your relationships, family and career. Some hippie's might tell you career is bs but everybody needs money, you don't wanna be one of those old stinky bums bumming weed off your friends in the end, especially if you don't have any. I might get a lot of heat for this post but w.e I love smoking weed, but I'm not going to act like its heroin and ruin my life for it. Reminds me of the friends I had in high school who would make fun of ppl for trying to get off drugs for awhile because they were totally burnt out and I didn't want to end up the same. There are a lot of times you shouldn't be on weed, driving, raising kids, at a job where you can hurt ppl, dealing with family matters which takes up a fair amount of space in your life to begin with so don't feel guilty if you have to put the pipe down every once in awhile. You can always take a vacation and stay high the entire time :) Prioritize man, don't be a loser. GOOD LUCK!

• Like Like x 1
  16. I don't get it, why would a supermarket drug test you? It's different if you work in a factory with machines but why a supermarket?

Man

17. Thanks for your depressing story that was un needed

18. idk what to tell you cause i've never been in your position. I would say stop smoking and think on it for a while. maybe start looking into other jobs you think you'd like just as much and don't quit until you have another job secured.
    all you can really do is decide if you like smoking better than your current job. and evaluate that. and then make decisions.

19. Weed > everything else.

I wouldn't work somewhere that drug tests. Being sober in a work environment would result in me killing everybody on a bad day.

20. fuck find a new job