The essence of console gaming in one picture:

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by AlphaOmega420, Nov 3, 2013.

1. That's quite the find! Work done years ago simply retextured, and maybe a bit smoothed out.

Fucking Pathetic on Infinity Wards part...CoD fell off after CoD4. They should move onto a new series and let CoD die as most people would still call a "great game"

2. #42 Subliminal Jazz, Nov 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2013

i dont know the most people you're talking about.

everyone and their mother seems to be ripping on cod now. seriously, every article about cod ive seen that has a comment section, there are literally hundreds of people talking bad about it. I personally liked cod all the way up till black ops. and even before that i just enjoyed the singleplayer, when i want to get a multiplayer fix ill play battelfied or planetside 2.

i think that cod demographic is starting to wake up and realize its a terrible arcade shooter that brings nothing new to the genre, infact its taking a step back rather than a step forward. DEATH TO SHITTY SEQUELS THAT COME OUT EVERY YEAR! TAKE YOUR FUCKING TIME PEOPLE! stop rushing everything to get a quick buck, its ruining gaming.

p.s. my stance on pc vs console is this. in the end, we're all fucking gamers who like to play games. so if anything we all have much more similarities to one another then differences. instead of bitching about arbitrary things, how about you just play the fuggin games you enjoy and stfu.

3. Neither do I, but it has thousands of people playing online at this very moment who would disagree with you and I.

4. #44 tokin', Nov 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2013
    Wow...epic find.
    That about wraps up that debate.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

But honestly, I wish COD came back like it was as I really enjoyed the series. COD4 was the last of the good ones IMO

technically its not infinity wards fault.

The majority of the studio left and recently created a new developer called Respawn Entertainment. Who are currently developing the awesome new title - Titanfall.

6. Console gaming is to PC gaming like fast food is to street food. 

7. I've been a console gamer my entire life, and recently built a PC about a year ago. Considering how ridiculously cheap games go on sale for and how graphically powerful the rig is, I only use my consoles for exclusives, and get all the multiplatform titles for PC. They each have their place, but steam has worked wonders with their big picture and controller support

8. Welcome to Grasscity!

Yeah man games are so cheap on PC its insane how much those console plebs pay, fucking  Mario Kart 7 is still full price and its been out for like 8 years, meanwhile we have the humbe bundles and get like 5 AAA titles for a dollar

9. essense of gaming in general

[​IMG]

10. True but the baby would have more fun on a PC

11. Counter-Strike Source on PC! BHOP all day

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum mobile app.
    * 1+ month THC free, longest month of my life. x_x *

12. Gotta love that humble bundle!! Steam, as crappy of a company as they are, completely dominate the gaming community!

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum mobile app.
    * 1+ month THC free, longest month of my life. x_x *

13. Just the simple fact that PC gaming allows for modding is all the proof you need. Fact is (especially with the current industry trends) that "vanilla" games are usually terrible, filled with bugs, and leave a lot to be desired; so long after Mr. Console gamer has beat the game and done all there is to do, the PC gamer can enhance the original product with any number of mods.

That said, I still think the PS2 was the best thing to ever happen to console gaming.

14. #57 lilro, Nov 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2013
    What? You do realize there are people who live nearly their entire life through a MMORPG? They replace their real social life with a PC life. People fall in love and get married over fucking World of Warcraft.

Man you got me feelin' all nostalgic and shit

It also doesn't show the next gen purchases. I watched a few PS4 midnight releases on youtube last night and about 80% of the people in line were getting COD.

15. #58 Faded Entity, Nov 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2013
    For whatever reason I can't quote from this app but...Keyboard & mouse is 100x easier. Instantly point and click with 500% precise accuracy. That's your skill huh?And why would they even release 5 console exclusives when the next gen consoles are coming out this year?Tribes was cool as shit though. I wish it was still as populated as it was a couple years ago. I still play runescape too lolI plan on building a rig next year but I'm getting a ps4 first to play with my irl friends. And cod is fun dude. Ghosts feels like cod4 and bo1 together and those were the two best out of the series to me. I don't understand why everyone complains about it now out of all the times when ghosts is the best since bo1. I hope these idiots don't ruin IWs motivation to keep working, probably just because they suck at the game since it takes more skill now.Don't care about the graphics either kuz the shit is fun #FadedNation

16. Only thing can could ruin IW's motivation is money, and that won't be stopping for atleast another 2 relases, sheeple buy that shit in droves lol

and PC isn't even about better graphics, its about better games. You may have fun in cod but ive been playing those games since I was akid, that shit is old as fuck, hell even the old medal of honor games are better and they are on the older consoles. Gameplay trumps graphics anyday of the week, the problem is console games are all sports titles and everyone just plays cod because its easy and instant gratification.  I prefer strategy and tactical titles like CS:GO or a Total War game

17. My roommate just got a PS4, and because I now have a nice gaming pc I've never been this unexcited about a new console release. It'll still be a lot of fun to play co-op though. I'll probably just play CoD and sports games on it.