Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Ready to harvest?? Pics - need opinions.

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by shroomiin, Nov 2, 2013.

1. So I need some opinions on if I'm ready to harvest. Looking at the trichs under the scope, they are all cloudy and I see no amber. I have read before that the trichs continue to develop even after you cut the plant down... is this true? You can notice in some of the pictures that there are still some live pistils, but most are brown. 
    I have heard from some that now is the best time to harvest... with just a few live pistils and cloudy trichs all around and that this is when the plant is at its peak. They say that the thc is beginning to degrade and trichs are dying when they start to turn amber. 

How about harvesting some nugs now and leaving some on the plant to develop further to have more of a couch lock effect? can you harvest half the plant and leave half or would it die?

Pics:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Its bubbleicious auto from Nirvana btw

3. Id say wait for some trich's to amber a bit, but any day now is probably your peak, it shouldn't die if you harvest the tops, in fact i am
    re-vegging a plant right now just got to leave a few bud nodes intact to develop back into veg. if you have alot of under developed lowers either cut them early on, or start super cropping during your next run.

4. You can harvest any time after all the trichs go cloudy.

5. #5 Olesmoky, Nov 2, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2013
    Doesn't look done to me. In my limited growing experience it's always worse to pull a plant a little too early than a little too late.

I don't know. I'm ignorant. She doesn't look quite puffed up enough to me though.

I'd take a nug and dry it and what not. Take it under the 100x microscope. If you don't have one they are 15 dollars at Radioshack and will make harvesting 100x easier. 

Just by looking at those nugs though, they don't look very swollen. The last few weeks of growth cause the most swelling. So they may need a couple more weeks. Like I said, view them under a 100x microscope. 

In my opinion, the most common mistake by new growers is cutting a plant too soon.

6. I would wait, maybe up to a week maybe more. You should see considerable swelling of the buds during the final days and the pistils should retract into the buds because of this. Your pistils are still white and a more amber color would be preferable. I haven't grown bubblicious for myself yet, how's the smell? Can't wait to smoke that strain again it's something special :D

7. Yea thanks guys i decided to leave it up a while longer. I do have the 100x radio shack scope and the trichs are all cloudy but no amber. I agree they don't look as swollen as they should. I guess I just want to smoke it lol but don't want to jump the gun. 

The smells great! hard to describe kind of citrus-y deisel-y