Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking Green Tea

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Z42OM, Nov 1, 2013.

1. Personally , I like to blaze a pure green tea joint when I got no flowers to enjoy
    (which is all the time lately) 

I hardly even inhale it (tends to be a bit harsh) , its mainly just for the pleasure of smoking . 

Anyway ,

Im curious on other GC lovers opinions on blazing green tea 

And please dont just say "its nasty" because really , tobacco is 100x worse .

Admittedly , it dosnt taste great but oh well ... as i said , its just for the pleasure of smoking  :cool:

EDIT : I heard its a Chinese tradition !  :confused:

2. lmao me and my friend were talking about this hes like haha dude i think if you smoke green tea you can get high from it because it has melatonin in it which is in weed so you get high!
    i was laughing too hard. and its kinda pointless to smoke it for "the pleasure of smoking" kinda like youre addicted to it or somethinf :/

3. Just because you smoke it for "the pleasure of smoking" doesn't mean you're addicted. I enjoy smoking and if it wasn't bad for your health I would probably be smoking something 24/7.

Though I wouldn't smoke green tea just cause haha.

Drugs are bad, mkay?

4. i meant if youre striving so hard to just "smoke" it seems odd to me

5. Stupid idea

6. #6 Z42OM, Nov 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2013
    That dosnt make sense . 

"Pointless to smoke for the pleasure of smoking"

Uhhhh , the point IS the pleasure . You fool . 

FYI , it actually does make me chill out a lil bit .

I can feel a certain droopyness behind my eyes (nothing like indica of course)

But still , there's definitely a relaxing effect of some sort . 

Yeh thats your opinion . 

Personally , If I havnt got any weed for a while , I still wana smoke . Yuknow , the feeling of being bored , watching TV while dragging on a rollup

Weve all been there . Its just usually weed .

So when weeds not around . And you wana chillout and smoke (without harming yourself i.e tobacco) , why not burn some green tea ?

It never makes me cough phlem (unlike tobacco) . I never feel unhealthy afterwards (unlike tobacco) . Never short on breath (unlike tobacco) .

So , to me , it seems OK to smoke .

Just a weird taste

A burns real hot .  

No , its an idea .

Not necessarily stupid .

Its just an idea you never thought of attempting . Thats all .

7. I enjoy the simple act of smoking. I keep a stash of super shitty cheap weed around to smoke just to enjoy smoking it.

I'm going to look into this. Seems interesting.

8. no need to get aggressive i was just voicing my opiniom...

9. id look into a variety of other herbs before i smoked tea. there are various herbs a lot of ethnobotanical sites will carry that are pretty cheap and have mild effects.

if i grew id have a joint in my mouth all day long, i enjoy the act of smoking.

10. Interesting
    Genuinely interesting.
    Fuck these people bein birds. Who knows? You could be onto something.

Sent from my ST26a using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. I've rolled and smoked quite a few tea joints for the hell of it. It will NOT get you high or anywhere close to high, but I do get a semi heavy feeling behind the eyes for a bit afterwards and a calming effect. sometimes a mild headrush too from just the act of smoking. Also depending on the type (the sleepytime tea especially) it can help with insomnia. I'm usually really tired like 30 mins after. I actually did some reasearch and stuff in some teas are smoke activated so different teas do give you different effects. Also way different flavors, just a regular black tea taste pretty bad but stuff with like peach, lemon, mint, vanillia, etc can taste pretty damn good. The smell of burning tea is pretty bad though imo.

I don't really inhale it for the most part, and yea like you said I just do it cause I wanna smoke something and don't wanna waste weed. Its can't be as bad as tobacco. Not like its a all the time thing ethier, I figure all the good shit for you in weeds probably counteracting any damage teas doing anyways.

12. That's interesting. I never tried it so I can't knock it but cigarettes do it for me. I'm addicted to nicotine!

13. #13 Z42OM, Nov 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2013
    Aggressive ? I was just voicing my opinion dude  :confused_2:

Exactly ! And IMO its much much better than tobacco . I smoked that shit 10x a day for 5 years straight and jeez , it fucks you up proper  :eek:

Green tea  though , I've noticed nothing negative so far . So Im pretty much OK with it  :devious:

I seriously recommend giving up man ! 

Personally , I gave up a few months back and now I feel a whole lot healthier .

But healthier in a weird , sort of abstract kinda way lol , hard to describe ..

Give that shit up man ! I mean it  :p

Fuckin stinks like death anyways lol ...

You'll thank me once its done ^_^ (if it ever gets done lol)  :smoke:

Peace

14. I've considered trying this out. I decided to try out pipe tobacco...not too bad but the harshness is definitely something to get used to. Longterm it sucks health wise too lol.

But Idk ...is tea good for ya? I smoked mint leaves for the hell of it...was actually okay.

I'd like to try some actual mint tea...nothing but hookah seems to have a really strong minty taste.

Oh and hookah is pretty good if you just want something "to smoke" lots of pointless rings going everywhere and massive clouds of awesome pointless flavors...I like "pointlessness" though haha. Not a bad buzz either.

15. Tea is best in liquid form.  Don't mess with that. Drink tea, and vaporize cannabis.

16. I think he is referencing to when you called him a fool.

Harshness part I agree with 

But hookah is shit . (Shisha) 

Its not normal tobacco but it dose have most of those nasty chemicals 

I lived in an Arabic country for two years , smoking Shisha / Hookah almost every day and bloody fuck I got bad chest pain .

Not as bad a normal tobacco chest pain , but still pretty bad 

Ive been doing the green tea thing on and off for a few months and so far its been good  :)

18. Smoking green tea is not only stupid, it burns your throat. Haven't tried since I was 13, I rolled a joint with it and my mom though the house was on fire.

19. This is correct

Oh right ! lol woops  :confused_2: 

Apologies (aggressive day for me today)

20. those nicotine free "hookah pens" seem like they may be up your alley op