How does marijuana use affect school, work, and social life?

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by TranceKid, Nov 1, 2013.

1. i think when you become a frequent smoker, where the high is more subtle and not really debilitating anymore it doesnt have much affect on any of those things negative or positive.

2. I agree with the toad

Sent from the ganja Farm

What about an increase in concentration ? ADHD and such 

4. It's doesn't do anything for ADHD because that shit ain't real. It is just a " diagnosis"
    They like to use to get you hooked on prescription meds and make more money. Oh my kid can't sit still get him some ridalin or adrenal.

it can possibly help certain people in a variety of ways, but there is no blanket answer for anything. some may concentrate better, some may be worse. i and everybody i routinely smoke with are totally unaffected in that way though positively or negatively.

i also agree with the last poster entirely.

6. "Consequently, someone who smokes marijuana daily may be functioning at a reduced intellectual level most or all of the time."

This sentence is bullshit. As long as you toke responsibly, you won't have any problems.

7. "Since I was a youth, I smoke weed out, now I'm the motherfucker that you read about. Takin a life or two, thats what the hell I do.
    You don't like how I'm livin? Well fuck you."

8. I smoke multiple times a day and I'm in a top 50 business school taking the hardest major.

Correlation is not causation!!

9. No wonder why the information in this article is misleading.  This article was posted by drugabuse.gov.  They are probably working with the government to get people hooked on prescriptions. 

10. Just because doctors are quick to callously misdiagnose kids with ADHD, that doesn't mean that ADHD itself isn't real.

11. This is like the argument that pot use leads to mental health issues, rather than exploring the possibility that people are self-medicating because of their existing mental health issue, not that it was caused by pot.

I love that the horrors on that government web site include, egads, making less than $30K a year if you use pot.
    Cause everyone is making so much money in our economy now! LOL! Yeah, government, 20% of people are on food stamps in the U.S. now. Now whaddya gonna scare the kids with? Taking away their government cheese? Wait, you just did THAT too? Well, kids, this is great news! And don't do drugs. It will ruin the utopia you already know.

12. The prohibs want to act like marijuana was discovered yesterday and that new problems are going to crop up with impaired drivers and people incapable of doing their jobs when society has had stoned drivers and workers since chariots were invented.

13. ^^^^ lol word

14. Good point. I can remember a kid from my childhood who was just really super active, and after he'd consume Wall Street edibles containing sugar, artificial ingredients, etc. he became an out of control little maniac and could not stop himself. But shit, there's a pill for everything, so let's ignore the obvious. Business is good, coming and going.

15. That article is such bullshit. I couldn't even finish reading it. I looked up and saw .gov and thought, "nevermind." I agree with Stilladelph. Correlation is not causation. There are plenty of tokers, even heavy tokers, who are at the tops of their classes/fields. Also, they don't mention any age categories in the article from what I saw. I would be willing to bet a large percentage of the tokers earning less than $30,000 a year are fairly young.

16. I wonder how much government funding

I wonder how much goes into government funding for these types of programs

17. I suffer from social anxiety and depression. I was very close to being a shut in and would not go out of my house often. I took Rx for 10 years with little help and I am as close to normal smoking weed as I have ever been. I am a better father and husband because I am able to socialize and go to school events now. So yes It helps some peoples social life. Weed saved my life.

18. Kinda sounds like this made up ADHD shit.

Social anxiety disorder, also called social phobia, is an anxiety disorder in which a person has an excessive and unreasonable fear of social situations. Anxiety (intense nervousness) and self-consciousness arise from a fear of being closely watched, judged, and criticized by others.

A person with social anxiety disorder is afraid that he or she will make mistakes, look bad, and be embarrassed or humiliated in front of others. The fear may be made worse by a lack of social skills or experience in social situations. The anxiety can build into a panic attack. As a result of the fear, the person endures certain social situations in extreme distress or may avoid them altogether. In addition, people with social anxiety disorder often suffer "anticipatory" anxiety -- the fear of a situation before it even happens -- for days or weeks before the event. In many cases, the person is aware that the fear is unreasonable, yet is unable to overcome it.

Lol. What a joke. I am scared of people. I bet if there wasn't a pill for this it wouldn't even be a real diagnosis.

19. #20 Frank_S, Nov 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2013