Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Ignorant Mother

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Z42OM, Oct 31, 2013.

1. Sup fellow grasshoppers
    \nSo here it is :

Ive been blazing for about 4 years now . 

And Ive been living with my mum ever since 

At first , she totally hated the fact I smoke weed  .
    \nYet , when I was 14 - 16 she would buy tobacco for me about twice every flipping week . (Knowing its a major killer)
    \n(She would probably still do this)

After about 2 years of blazing in my room (with my mum still hating it) - I got her to watch about 10 min of a cannabis documentary (The Union) . And so , (luckily) she started becoming more familiar with the idea that smoking weed is NOT harmful in ANYWAY AT ALL .

She was NOT convinced , but she was kinda coming round to the "idea" - (fact) .

Since then , she let me have more pocket money every week , enough for me to get a 1/4 per week . (£50)

(She knew I was buying weed with it AND was kinda OK with it)
    \nBut recently , shes stopped giving me pocket money (almost altogether) and started saying things like -

"smoking weed gives you lung cancer."      
    \n(you might as well say PIGS CAN FLY for fuck sake.)
    \nand -
    \n"smoking weed gives you schizophrenia. "
    "its so expensive. "      
    \n(she dosnt understand that its the blackmarket making it expensive)
    \nand -

"putting anything other than oxygen in your lungs has GOT to be unhealthy"
    \n\n=

:mad:   :mad:   :mad:   :mad:   :mad: RAGE   :mad:   :mad:   :mad:   :mad:   :mad:
    \n\nAnd its FUCKING PISSING ME OFF . 

Now , every time I bring up the subject ,

She just talks over me . Or pretends to not listen and do something else . 

Basically , she dosnt want to believe that cannabis is generally healthy .

(I've even explain the Endocannabinoid System to her)

Lol

Furthermore , she just cant believe the "idea" (fact) that the government have made a huge mistake with cannabis law for the last 100 years or so .
    \n(We all know here that weed has been perfectly legal (and legally used) for ALL OF TIME . EVER . Yet its been illegal for 100 years.)

Just SHE dosnt know it . Or at least dosnt want to believe it . 

Makes me RAGE   :mad:   :mad:   :mad:
    \nA lot   :mad:   :mad:   :mad:
    \nShe also says stuff like -

"All you ever talk about is weed."

and
    \n"Youre a boring person , you have no friends at all and no life."
    \nMy mother . Saying that to me .
    \nAnd anyway - I dont "always talk about weed" .
    \nI always try to spread the cannabis truth to ignorant people , yes . But to me , thats very different than just "talking about weed all the time" . So fucking stupid .
    \nEvery other proud weed smoker would do the same if needed / being confronted .
    \nThe truth needs to be heard .
    \nAnd because shes hardly giving me pocket money at all , I cant smoke at all . 
    \nI end up drinking more...and smoking green tea (fuck going back to tobacco , gave it up a few months back)
    \nOh and she says "Look , you smoke green tea because you're addicted to weed." 

She dosnt understand that I JUST WANA SMOKE . 

Smoking is generally nice . Even when its not weed . 

Smoking in general is traditional for all humans . 

\nSo wtf is wrong with her ? 

How can I deal with it ? 

How can I make her realise shes an IDIOT ??

(Any help is appreciated   :metal:)
    \n\nEDIT : She is actually aware of medical cannabis in the states . She just seems to ignore the fact that it exists lol

2. i live in a state with medical cannabis and still had to fight my mom for years. message stormcrow and get the legendary "grannys list" its like 50 pages of indisputable links to studies, articles, reports etc about the healthy benifts of our herb. no parent can deny the list.

3. Your 18 and get "pocket money", this is the only problem I see here. If its your own damn money that's a differnt story.

4. #4 4 Four 2 Twenty 0, Oct 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2013
    Just putting it out there -- we are called blades, not grasshoppers haha :)

5. Dude, my Mother is exactly the same. "Oh my God, one puff and you'll go insane!" Through my own research I've concluded that weed is harmless. I have a great career with one of the World's biggest broadcasters and yet I love to get high. Newsflash: smoking the herb is totally normal!

When I own a multi-million pound company, I'll perhaps reveal the truth, just to prove that stoners can be successful! 

6. #7 4 Four 2 Twenty 0, Nov 1, 2013
    Won't let me quote you but my advice is to show her that two states legalized it because people are noticing the truth. Say mom the reason you think I talk alot about weed is because I am trying to get the truth to you, but you simply won't listen. Can I have 10min of your time and it will be the last time I bring it up. Get a lot of good shit like cities that legalized it for kids with disorders, show her stories about cannabis in which it saved lives. tell her the oil extracted from cannabis is an anti cancer agent! Actually you know what, @[member="Storm crow"] . She knows.

7. She will come around sooner or later. Force feeding her probably is only making it worse.

8. Ask your mom this, although smoking tobacco is harmful, aren't many tobacco smokers successful? Why can't weed be that way in your head, my dear biotch? 

9. I fucking hate grasshoppers by the way. Blades would suffice.

10. Grasshoppers are awesome. The just sit there and chill 

11. I can do spiders. Hell, I can even do snakes. But grasshoppers, fuck no. I don't know why. I just hate how they jump all over you and stick to you.

12. i agree with your mom.

Not because of what she said, because he cut off your pocket money.

Out of all my years of toking. Not once...Not once have I used my parents money to buy drugs. That includes tobacco and alcohol too.

Imagine giving your child £50(which is waaaayyy more than the average kid gets), and they go and spend it on weed. While you intend for them to buy food/books etc... for education.

Can I have your moms number and congratulate her over the phone for doing a better job at parenting?

13. #14 Z42OM, Nov 1, 2013

No .

Yup well , thats you man . 

My mum is more or less OK with it - buying tobacco or alcohol that is .

(I dont mean she literally goes out to buy it lol , I mean I ask her and she gives me cash.)

And whats weird is she used to be OK with £50 per week JUST for weed . But not anymore . (Understandably , I mean , shes not getting anything at all out've that money).

Im not oblivious to this .

I said already Im spoilt / have lacking motivation . 

So honestly , I dont call that good parenting at all   :mellow:  sorry 

dude thats fantastic parenting. she loved and supported you even in making decisions she didnt agree with. her giving you things isnt bad parenting......its your own damn fault youre lazy and unmotivated, certainly not your mothers....

now go give her a hug.

15. Seriously calling your mom an idiot cuz she doesn't buy you weed? at least sheltered spoiled kids aren't exclusive to America...

Get a job, get your own place, buy your own weed, pay your own bills and then say "Mum, this is how you live life as a contributing member of society AND smoke weed"

respect your mother

16. Ewww fuck spiders man thinking about it makes me cringe.

17. And don't post your thread in 18 different forums

I agree and disagree . 

Shes not a bad mum . At all . I couldnt ask for more in mum . 

Im saying she had bad parenting methods when I was at young age .

Now Im an adult and its taken its toll on my personality .

Wtf . Lol

Dude

I said shes an idiot for a totally different reason

2 years ago she was all like "yeah I guess weed is OK" . Yet now shes like "Weed gives you cancer" . The usual bullshit ignorance .

Not because she dosnt buy me weed lol  <_<

19. #20 Z42OM, Nov 1, 2013

18 ? 

I post it where it applies . 

Its in questions and answers , beliefs and pandoras box .

Its not like I posted this in gamers heartbeat or vaporisers   :laughing:

Relax man