I Cant Find Any Info On This Thing

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Fifthawk, Oct 31, 2013.

1. #1 Fifthawk, Oct 31, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2016

2. #2 Fifthawk, Oct 31, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2016

3. #3 NGP, Oct 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2013
    I saw them at a booth in Denver last weekend. A Google search (only looked on the first page) didn't bring up much except some pics on Instagram of people smoking from them (like you said):

http://statigr.am/tag/upcglass

4. Definitely some cool glass never heard that brand nice op

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. u sure thats a 29mm joint?
    looks like the uber joints i use all day

judging by the build quality i would say it produced in the states in a production shop.

that maria bowl looks like the sheldon blk knockoff some of the shops around me make

6. #6 Fifthawk, Oct 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2013

I am not positive it is a 29mm, I had just never seen one this size before, and had not even heard of uber joints.  You are probably right on about the bowl, as well. I have done some more looking around, and that is exactly what it looks like to me too.

7. #7 Simply Wilbur, Jan 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2014
    Here is one I just got an hour ago. Just used it for the first tune and it is smooth! Also very curious to know more about this brand. Here are some pics: ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1390629188.887387.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1390629204.768985.jpg Also how much was yours? Mine was $180 in NCSent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. I've see these tubes around NC. Couldn't find any info on the company so I never picked one up. In this day and age, if you don't have a legit website then you're sketch. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. Prob just some brand that re labels china tubes:p

10. : ( I hope not! It says California Handmade on the beaker but I'm not sure how much weight that carries. It's definately a solid tube. Very thick glass I haven't measured it yet but I would guess 7mm or 9Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

11. [quote name="Simply Wilbur" post="19404027" timestamp="1390662948"]: ( I hope not! It says California Handmade on the beaker but I'm not sure how much weight that carries. It's definately a solid tube. Very thick glass I haven't measured it yet but I would guess 7mm or 9Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum[/quote]I find that hard to believe. I've handled several UPC tubes in store. I called numerous headshop, I'm talking across the country. Colorado. Cali. Nobody heard of UPC....Best answer was the dude from San Fran. He was like, never heard of UPC but I can promise you I'll hook you up with something quality we both heard of if you come to the shop. Never mentioned I was on the east coast. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. Try contacting these guys, first links I came up with, when searching images.

Katra Gala
    2225 W. Main St.
    Richmond, VA 23220
    (804) 359-6996

katragalarva.com

13. AMG. american made glass. is chinese glass. just becuase somethings made somewhere doesnt mean its not chinese glass

14. AMG is made in america - or at least was - i knew some of the blowers - they are located in SFV, Cali

15. Its probably a just an american prodo company that uses chinese boro like silika or maverick. Thats how their so cheap.

16. #16 xxOgkushxx, Feb 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2014
    yes they are. i kno the coowner/manager and the blowers. i live in the san fernando valley accually. there chinese glass. made in america. still chinese. there acuually launching a line called naked i was gonna get one of the prototypes a while ago for a good price but iended up not.

17. Woah... Proof on silika using china boro? I can understand maverick since it's cheap mass produced glas... But silika is quality glass and they got some nice heady stuff.

18. #18 TheCanadian, Feb 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2014
    Silika is not quality glass at all. i got one of their straight 18" tubes for 80 bucks. They use chinese joints 100% sure. because every single joint was wobbly. every single one in the store. their quality control is BRUTAL. I've seen their bowls have holes the size of a toothpick and then the next one has one the size of a 14mm joint lol it was embarrassing really. How do you think their prices are so cheap? I've never seen anything "heady" other than some prodo linework from iceman but nothing special. I thought you would know this of all people.

19. Idk man, I think they are American made. Check out their site. They prob are cheap because they cut costs like quality control but I'm pretty sure they use American boro and aAmerican Joints. I've compared the joint on my silika beaker to a china piece I bought and it was much better. And smoother.

20. Deff made in america but I'm 99% sure they use chinese bork and joints.