Amethyst over grown society

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Drakkor, Oct 30, 2013.

1. This is my 1st/2nd grow. My first attempt resulted in 10 dead plants out of 13. (Root rot and terrible lights). So the obviously larger older plants are the survivors. The rest are the 2nd set. I low on space and don't have seperate space for veg and flower.
    1-600W apollo MH/HPS
    30-10-10 orchid nutes
    Unknown NPK blue nutrients
    Basic epsom salts.
    Soil: Schultz potting mix. MG desert plant soil. Perlite and cheap potting soil.
    Another 600w should be in soon. 1.5 month of veg for 2nd set
    April-Oct for the larger 3.

2Nd photo .5-1 month veg

Sent from my LG-L38C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

2. Day 8 of flower. Average plant has shot 4-6 inch since 12/12 and HPS switch.

Magically got all frmales from a colorado white widow bag!!
    All sexes shown. Good thing i ordered the second light. No culling required

Attached Files:

3. Just checked my run off and did a folair spray to raise humidity. My runoff(no nutes) was 0ppm. Hope thats okay. I'm clueless there.

4. 2Nd 600w hood came in yesterday. No signs its helping the yellowing on bottom leaves. Still need to install ducting and inline fan. My uneven canopy simply looks awesome. ;)

5. Well i tested the ph of my nute formula and the paper turned to 150ppm after i just left it there for a few min.
    Any feed back on what this means
    Or how they look is welcome.

6. Sent from my LG-L38C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

7. Sent from my LG-L38C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

8. Well i got a soil liquid ph testing kit. Seemed to work to test my water ph also. My tap water was at 7.5. Got that fixed asap. What was weird was my distilled water was at 5.0. I also tested my ph run off for my two sick plants in different soil mixes. One is perfect at 6.5 but the other was at 4.5. So i guess I'm going to be doing a lot of transplanting since 8 of my 11 plants are in the highly acidic soil. I'm assuming they have nutrient lockout. Any suggestions on how to "unlock" them? Lol

9. Well flushed out the girls today. I didn't flush the bigger ones in the other soil mix, with as much water since their ph wasnt very low.
    I'm cutting the BLU nutes simply because their N heavy.
    New formula; 1 tbls 20-10-10 orchid food. 1Tbls epsom salt.
    I plan on switching the 20-10-10 out for hopefully a ratio of 1-2-2.
    I hope this works. They smell so good.
    First pic is a rescue plant that i managed to save.

-Over Grown Society-

Attached Files:

10. Houston we have success. Ph of run off is now at 5.8-6.0!
    Did some LST on a few of the tallest tops and some bending of smalller ones to get them more light since i didn't SCROG.
    New setup specs: 1 8" inline fan at 200-500cfm intake up by lights. 2 600w hps open hoods from apollo.
    Digital temp/humidity monitor.
    Formula-1tbls 20-10-10 1tbls epsom salts.
    On friday or saturday i will be buying new ducting and making a new hood. I'm going to try to salvage what i can from the two i have. Plus going to start mixing an organic mix and buying a heavier K nutrient mix.

-Over Grown Society-

11. Well this sucks. The yellowing and burnt tips have made their way to the canopy. This is really frustrating. Only thing i can do now aside from transplanting is buying new nutes with all the crap i need in it. My current one lacks zinc and iron. I'm showing a potassium deff, nitrogen, zinc and sulfer. This is bullshit!! Stupid soil.

-Over Grown Society-

12. I'm a happy camper. Bought some schultz 2-7-7 and used 4 doses per gallon. All girls perked up and put their fingers to the sky. Also gave them more space to work with. Still no trichs on anything except the hairs. :(

-Over Grown Society-

13. I see a few things could use some fixing
    Can't believe u haven't gotten any feedback/help yet bud :wacko:anyways I'm subbed in and we'll see about getting u on track.

http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1235339-Never-grown-a-thang-in-my-life...until-now!

14. Yeah the new nutes worked for a couple days. Ill upload some new pics of the bad leaves. I'm really trying to avoid transplanting considering its week 5 today. :(:(:(

-Over Grown Society-

15. Pictures of the new arrangement. The other way was causing heat stress and i still have to have them set at 75% power :-(
    28ML of schultz 2-7-7. Per gal. Water, nothing, nutes, nothing, water, nothing.
    If the new arrangement/setup doesn't fix the heat issue I'm buying a big/building a dual bulb cooling hood. Im a bit streched for cash and the only one i found was 800$!!

-Over Grown Society-

Attached Files:

16. I run dwc so I can only help u so much with soil nutes unless u consider switching to hydro nutes for next run if so General hydroponics flora series works great for soil and relatively cheap

Ok so where would you like to start?
    As far as Plants,Setup, nutes, lights, soil,etc.

http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1235339-Never-grown-a-thang-in-my-life...until-now!

17. #17 MjAlchemist, Nov 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2013
    Couple Qs ...How big is your grow space?

what are your temps like?

Do you not have any fans blowing in there??

Any exhaust to dissipate heat from grow area?

18. So temps hit 100 degrees in the last hour the lights were on which also lowered the humidty to 17%. 400Cfm fan my ass >,<

-Over Grown Society-

19. Ouch!
    Do you have space to put a few more fans in there?
    Maybe a big window fan and one of those tower fans that oscillate, I got one @ Wal-Mart for $20.
    With those temps The more air whipping around in there the better! Plus That'll help your plants transpire better

Also consider turning your ballast down some more to lower temps until u get more air circulation

I have a feeling temps are about 70% of ur current issues with plants, the other 30% being Your nutrients.
    Gotta try and choose a brand that's designed to grow mj

I'd Look into a way to section off that room one side for veg the other for flower so the young ones get more than just 12 hours of light otherwise growth will be slow

Once u get these things dialed in I think you and ur plants will be much happier.
    Peace