What rides have you had?

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by scout695, Oct 30, 2013.

1. 05 Mazda 3
    05 G35 coupe
    05 Volvo S40i
    04 Subaru WRX STi

2. 2000 Pontiac Sunfire
    My first car lol. It was my sister old one and i got the hammy down. might have done 0-60 in 18.7 seconds but the thing wouldn't DIE.
    [​IMG]

2001 Saturn L200
    My second car. I got it for $1000 from my grandmas friend and it was actually a really good car. And surprisingly fast too
    [​IMG]

2002 Ford Tarus
    This was my problem car...Sold it after a year of having it.
    [​IMG]

2009 Ford Fusion
    My current ride. Ive had it for the past 2 years and it's been a great car. Not shitty, but not flashy. It's perfect.
    [​IMG]

3. #43 Jmosley, Jun 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2014
    1984 Chevy spectrum. Technically given to my when I got my license, but less spectacular since it was worth less then the money I paid for out of school driving classes. It was a zero tolerance motor so when it snapped its timing belt a month later it was gone for good.

Similar year Hyundai excel I think, tiny hatchback. Was one of the only cars I've owned that I never connected with. Just hated it.

96 regal x 4 at least. Most white, one their dark purple mmmmm, and a black. All 3.8l. A legendary motor although not in any of these.

1984 caprice estate wagon, loved the shit out of it.

84ish ltd crown Victoria, I'm a sucker for boats. One of my most memorable

74 dodge scout truck, rattle canned it black and strapped a tickle me Elmo to the grill during the monster hype surrounding them way back when. It made people sad.. Another great chrysler that never let me down. Might be the only one I sold. Can't remember if threw it away or sold to brother in law

76 ford f100, stout 390 that would get down and move $1 per mile to drive. That plus a tiny bit of smoke is why it got thrown away.

79 dodge st Regis. The Canadian version of... Hmm I forgot. Was essential a box caprice but dodge. Totaled, guy ran a stop sign @50 + and fucked my car up. He got away and I got a DWS and no insurance ticket lol.

73 ford comet, indestructible /6 250. Was baby shit green with holes in the floor board. Loved it so much I've tried to buy at least 4 more but owners are always reluctant to sell.

Nissan pulsar, forget the year. It did it's job but never connected with it either. Fuck em. DUI in it. Can't remember what it's end was. Probably gave to my father until it was time to throw away.

79ish Pontiac Catalina. Almost identical to the st Regis color and body wise. Still a sucker for boats.

Generic chrysler 80s-90s minivans. They're nice to have around, always have enjoyed them especially the 1 manual I've owned. Probably 5 of them in all. DUI in one of these, tis when I quit drinking.

66 plymouth fury II, 383 big block 4 door beast. No competition it's my favorite. Pops got it 12+ years ago and we daily drove it for basically the whole time. It's in "the middle" of a full rebuild, not for show reasons it was just time for an overhaul. Except the engine it's still perfect and has never been taken apart beyond valve covers. Ever

66 fury III had intentions of having twins. This one had a significantly smaller engine (poly aka wide block 318) and parts were near impossible to find at the time so she became a donor car for the fury II and went to scrap very quickly.

68 ford galaxie 500. Current daily driver. It is just a place filler until the fury gets back on the road. Baby little 302 and a wonky transmission. Had to dig deep into the engine when I first got it and consistently blows ignition condensers every 300ish miles to this day. It's ok but doesn't fill the void in my heart for the 66.

99 mazda 626, just overhauled it and is my wife's daily driver.

73 nova, lil baby 250 /6 but it was cool, I was young when I had it.

I've never sold a car, they go to the first scrap guy I find in the nickel ads aka get thrown away as we've come to call it. Its a pet peeve of mine, I'm content with buying a car to rebuild even if I know it may never see the road (it's happened more then a couple times) but will not have selling a lemon on my conscience even if the buyer has had full disclosure. This confuses people who know me because I'm an asshole which is true but cars are my soft spot. Aside of selling a lemon as an excuse, it'd kill me to see someone driving my cars. Like normal people feel about Ex's I assume.

Oh 96 chrysler cirrus

95 I think Isuzu trooper. The year right before they sold the design to Acura for their mdx. Single 18" on a real 2.5kw rms, massive front stage/midrange. Capable of playing into the mid 20s with no problem and even more capable of causing very serious discomfort. Easily 5x as much into the stereo/deadening/electrical upgrades then the truck was worth. Starter went out while I was in a very bad mood so I yanked the system, batteries and 300a alternator out and called a scrap guy.

Mitsubishi galant probably late 80s. Ok I think that's it.

2 of the Mini vans, the caprice wagon, the fury III, at least one of the regals, are vehicles that either never hit the road or only did a couple times but never legally or safely.

4. Here's my list since 16 years old

2006 Ford Mustang GT

2004 Nissan Titan

2002 Ford F250 Diesel...dumped about 13 grand into it making it fast and had a 12 inch lift at the end. Prolly my fav truck of all time. Couldn't kill the damn thing.

2007 Chevy 1500 Z71. Total GARBAGE. Truck was brand new and ate oil broke down 4 times in a month. Looked cool on it's 6 inch lift and 35s but it was junk...typical Chevy I knew better but bought it anyways

2010 Dodge 2500 Cummins Diesel. Loved this truck. Dumped another 18 grand into after buying it brand new. Last dynoed at 980 HP at the rear wheel. Full built tranny twin turbos you name it I prolly had it. Best truck in the world until I wadded it up into a irrigation ditch on the west end of a cut corn field one late drunk night off-roading with a cab full of buddies. Frame damage so that truck was a goner.

Next up was a 2011 Ford F150 Ecoboost. Also a great truck. Lots of power and good on gas. Miss this truck also.

Now I have a 2010 Ford Expedition Limited all decked out with every bell and whistle for my wife and kids. And I have a 2010 VW Jetta TDI for commuting to work and such. Not nearly as cool of a vehicle I'm used to driving but it's a nice little car. Great mpgs too. Hopefully get another diesel truck again soon

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. 97 Honda Civic Lx- 1st car
    2007 BMW M3 Delimited- Company car
    2010- Mercedes C230
    2012- Subaru Impreza
    2014- Audi A3 TDI

6. #46 BOOSTED420, Jun 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2014
    - 79' Chevy Camaro z28
    - 82' Chevy Camaro z28
    - 72' Pontiac Firebird Formula
    - 85' Monte Carlo SS
    - 87' Nissan Sentra
    - 85' Chevy s10
    - 83' Chevy Camaro z28
    - 68' Chevy Nova
    - 00' Ford Ranger
    - 98' Chevy s10 bagged lowrider
    - 98' Suzuki Katana 600cc
    - 98' Ford Ranger
    - 00' Suzuki Gsxr 600cc
    - 06' VW Jetta TDI
    - 03' Ford f150 Supercrew FX4
    - 03' Yamaha R1 1000cc
    - 92' Ford Mustang LX 5.0 turbo
    - 06' Suzuki Gsxr 1000 drag bike
    - 13' Dodge Avenger R/T

7. 86 Monte Carlo SS with 454 swap (wrecked)
    61 ford falcon with built 302 (sold)
    63 chevy c10 slammed and bagged (sold)
    65 rambler 2 door with a blown 383 (still own)
    73 Chevy nova project (work in progress)
    64 mercury comet caliente (daily driver)
    75 chevy c20 built 400 sbc (sold)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. 93' Lincoln Continental
    95' Nissan Maxima
    93' Lexus es300
    04' Nissan Maxima
    01' Infiniti qx4
    97' Chevy Silverado 3500

9. 82 Subaru GL
    86 RX7 GXL
    87 RX7 TurboII
    88.5 RX7 TurboII
    91 MR2 
    85 Subaru GL
    87 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
    00 Honda passport
    89 Ford Ranger
    99 Subaru Outback

10. 2005 VW Jetta

1989 GMC Truck

//[{<...................>}]\\\

11. 00 Nissan Sentra SE
    04 Mazda 3 hatch
    04 Subaru Impreza WRX STi
    05 Infiniti G35 coupe
    05 Volvo S40i

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. #52 ThreeFiftyZzz, Aug 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2014
    I got my license when I turned 18. My first car was a 04 honda accord ex v6 coupe (I think its paint was called graphite pearl. It was a dark gray). I didn't have any bills except for that and my insurance so I almost paid it off within a year. I traded it in for a new 05 anniversary 350z (also dark gray buy lighter than the honda. Silverstone). I sold that to carmax when I needed a more family friendly car cause we couldn't put my son in the trunk lol. Started just sharing cars with my mom and grandma who lived with us. They had 04 Kia Sorrento and 05 gmc envoy Denali. Just bought a white 2011 Chevy cruise in dec and I love it. I hope so own somethin by Audi when I can. I've always loved their cars and think the s5 is what I need in my life :)

Tldr:
    04 accord ex v6 coupe
    05 anniversary 350z
    2011 Chevy cruze

13. My first car: 1976 Plymouth Duster 360. (Last year the Duster/Valiant models were made...was ordered new by my folks--at my "suggestion"--with the 360 engine package, which was still available.  Inherited it in '79, drove it daily until '86, when I sold it to a guy who was going to restore it.

Next--'86 Ford Mustang GT fastback--black/gray interior/5-speed. Racked up about 145,000 trouble-free miles on it until i traded it in for...

-'91 Ford Mustang GT fastback--another black/gray interior  5-speed. Ordered this one as a radio-delete car, then had a killer sound system installed (with a 10-disc CD changer and a component amp, but no subwoofers--I still needed to use my rear cargo area once in a while!) Kept it for 13 years, moved with it to California, replaced the original engine with a rebuild at about 225,000 miles...added big Baer disc brakes all around and 18-inch billet wheels...sold it in 2004, with only 315,000 one-owner miles on it! (It was also a project car at the magazine I worked at--that's how I got the parts & stuff for it, by showing the installs, etc.) 

-'94 Ford Mustang GT convertible...triple black 5-speed with all options including leather seats. Bought it used in '04, and was going to make a project out of it as I did the '91. However, a job change and a move from CA to FL prevented that. Sold in '09 to a guy from gainesville who was looking for just this sort of 'Stang to restore/modify.

-'07 Dodge Charger Police (my current ride, and the reason for my screen name here). Bought from an upfitters' shop, it only had 18,000 miles on it--and had never been used as a patrol car--when I scored it in February of '09. It was a project car, too--cold air kit, throttle body, cats and exhaust were replaced, and a 93-octane tune went in, as did a Sony sound system that fit all the original dash/door speaker openings. It's a great car for long-distance driving, and the in-town gas mileage isn't too bad (if you keep your foot out of it). It also scares the shit out of some people, and causes others to lined up behind it on the highway, like it says "Official Pace Car" on it somewhere.  

Of course, if I should happen to win the lottery, there will be some additions made....:)

14. #54 Old School Smoker, Aug 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2014
    a '62 bel air station wagon
    a 65 ford falcon
    a 74 plymouth duster
    an 81 datsun sport truck
    a 1990 dodge caravan
    and a 2007 trek 3900