What rides have you had?

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by scout695, Oct 30, 2013.

1. i have always owned trucks except once. plus about 6 motorcycles 

02 dodge 5.9 v8- single cab long bed, had under 50k but was our work/plow truck for a long time so it was beat up

03 vw jetta, low miles but blown tranny. bought for 500$ and put under a g into.

06 chevy colorado single cab reg. size bed, also had around 60k 

and my most recent truck

2010 f150 5.4 v8 ext. cab 6 ft bed. only has 50k on it 

so pumped to finally own a truck that has a back seat haha

2. My first car was a 1981 BMW 320i, piece shit barely lasted 3 months. My second car was an 88 Acura integra, it lasted about a year. My third and current car is a 97 Monte Carlo, got my license in it, lost my virginity in it and drove from Houston to Utah in it and been to many concerts it so many crazy nights.

My goals for it is to put an l67 or ls4(leaning toward l67), HD tranny, candy apple red paint, 22inch swangas, a nice stereo system. So yeah I dont want it anywhere near a junkyard.
    Then I wanna get a Chevy Colorado later on.

3. You had a Noble M??? That's incredible dude! That is like one of my dream cars.
    Too expensive for what it really is though.

4. Not really. That one was 55k, bought it used in LA with under 20k on it. 
    For a car that can pull 0-60 in right above 3 seconds. 3.0L V6 that's pumping out 425 horses right behind your head. I thought it would be too much, also, but damn was it amazing. It's not just called the M400 for shits and gigs, that's the official power to weight (400bhp per ton), which is right at 5 lbs/ bhp, quite amazing for a V6. Plus... The BOVs sound fucking orgasmic. 
    I do get what you mean, though. The initial price point for a car you had to put together yourself was pretty high. Second hand, though... Not that bad.

5. Really? That's actually a pretty fair price for it. I was thinking you had it new. Haha and it's still way cheaper than an M600. Oh I've been in a few exotics in my past. ;) a McLaren SLR for one which is another dream car. I'm still moving up in the world to maybe get to have one one day. But my Shelby will do for me til then. Lol

6. Nope. I bought it last November and a drunk driver totalled it in Jan.
    It was short lived.
    What kind of Shelby you got?

7. That sucks. :/ I have a '14 GT500. Just got her back in February.

8. [quote name="weedandtubes" post="19183231" timestamp="1387338718"]'98 GTP (first car, loved it with all my heart)'97 Firebird V6 (hate it, still own it, though. Can't seem to bring myself to get rid of it)'02 Ninja 250 (eh...)'84 Blazer with the 350 (my desert toy after getting rid of the rest of the quads)'07 Mustang GT (technically... the wife's, but I bought it... Well, traded for it, sorta. Was a mix between trade and present, since it was a real good friend that gave it to me for $15k)'06 Noble M400 (fun car that my wife totaled after one fucking month of owning and putting a 20k down payment on it. I made out on that shit, though. Ended up about 90k in the profit from that drunk driver) '93 GMC Typhoon (this is where the down payment for the Noble came from)'04 Jetta (bought this for $500 and flipped for $4,500)'02 Silverado (toy hauler)'68 Rat rodded dragster C10 (traded this for the Mustang/ Typhoon)'02 Camry (was the wife's before we were married. Piece of shit)... I'm forgetting some, can't think of what, thoughRemembered one: '48 Studebaker Commander. I have a couple pictures scattered about of them at various stages of ownership. A few I can find right now;Or none could work at all... hang onHere's two.. The Noble/ Typhoon. Noble picture was taken while I was in California to buy it, which is why the scenery is so different. [​IMG][​IMG]
    [/quote]I LOVE the typhoons and syclones. Wish I could find a clean low mileage one in nwi. GM only let GMC make the syclone for one year because it was faster out of the box than the corvette...lame.

9. I have had three cars in my life.

1.  1994 Geo Prizm.  nothing special at all.  bought at 175k and traded in at 213k.  Those toyota engines went forever.

2.  1996 Geo Prizm LSi.  somewhat of an upgrade.  bigger engine...not by much.  Car burned oil and had an exhaust leak that I was advised not to even bother doing anything about.  Sold it after I bought #3.

3.   2001 Volkswagen Jetta.  I wanted something newer,  and turbocharged.  I wasnt even looking for a Volkswagen when I was searching for a new car.  I wanted a bugeye wrx or something subaru.  I went with my mom to look at her new car (a vw jetta) and I liked the way it felt...searching craigslist one night i decided to look up the jetta turbo.  first listing i clicked on was exactly what i was wanting.  Turbo, 5spd and blue.  3 years later and 80k later the car is still going (209k)

10. My first car was a 2000 Mercedes ml320. The engine blew up after 200,000 miles or something haha, I don't remember the exact milage! Then I bought a 2007 v6 mustang. At first it definitely felt like it was missing some power. However, it definitely satisfies my performance needs now. I cut off the mufflers and y pipe, put an H pipe on with a pypes axle back exhaust ( they're muffler deletes), installed a cold air intake, tuned with an sct tuner, tires, and had 3.73 gears installed. Gawd damn those gears made a difference.

I'm commuting about an hour+ almost everyday, I felt like 4.10s would've gotten my Rpm to high

11. 1st - 91 s10 manual
    2nd- 95 S10 ext. auto - Loved this truck can't believe I got rid of it.
    Current - 00 focus ZX3

I think my next will be a brand new Focus for gas mileage when the time is right.

12. 94 saturn sl melted piston
    94 integra broke drive train components
    69 mustang coupe caught fire due to shitty wiring ( baught like that)
    98 integra

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

13. #33 Deleted member 281310, Mar 14, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2014
    i had a toyota camry 2012 blue now i have a ford five hundred 2005 grey

14. #34 227happy, Mar 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2014
    20130904_170421.jpg IMG_20130409_005145.jpg First car I ever bought was a lovely 83 Celica, and damn that fucking car was so much fun. It may not have had tons of power but it was my baby haha tons of maintenance every couple weeks. Second was 94 Ranger just got it for work but wasn't comfy by far but hey it was mine and could haul a shit ton of lumber for work!

15. 2006 f150 lariat extended cab 4x4

2.5" leveling kit

34" nitto trail grapplers

20" fuel hostages

Sypder halo headlights

Custom tail lights (not sure the brand)

Full sound system

(2 1000watt amps/ 4 infiniti speakers / 2 infiniti tweeters / 2 10" kickers pushing 800watts each / kenwood touchscreen head unit)

2" wheel spacers

halo fog lights

----------------------------

1966 cherry red mustang fully restored and straight piped

sorry some of the pics are sideways they were all taken on my phone i guess it made them do that.

Attached Files:

16. 1985 cutlass supreme
    1981 cutlass supreme
    1988 cutlass supreme
    1991 explorer
    2001 Monte Carlo
    2006 Monte Carlo
    2002 accord
    2006 impala

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

17. 1986 jeep Cherokee cheif
    1994 izuzu rodeo
    1985 chevy blazer
    1986 jeep Cherokee Wagoner
    1990 jeep Cherokee limited

18. First a 1970 Toyota pick up truck when I was 16 then a 2003 Subaru legacy wagon when I was 17 then a 2001 vw passat( it sucked ass) when I was 18 and now I have 1989 Mazda 626 and I'm 19

19. 2003 s10 daily driver
    1989 trans am fun car
    383ci v8 making 420hp at the wheels + up to 150hp from nitrous safely

20. my first car was a lexus SC300 (which i still own its just not registered and i dont drive it) and my current car is a Mazda RX7.

[​IMG]