Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

Adjusting dimmable ballast while on

• Please log in to reply

OneDayJD

OneDayJD

Esquire

• Registered Upgraded
  • 835 posts
This is a stupid question I'm sure, but this is my first foray into HID lights. I have a new dimmable 400 watt MH/HPS ballast. Right now I have the MH in and am running some test runs in my new tent to get temps dialed in, etc. If I want to adjust the power, like I want to bump it from 25% to 50%, is it ok to do that while it's plugged in and running? Or do I need to unplug it before I adjust that? And will it make a difference doing this with either the MH or the HPS? Thanks for any info, GC peeps.

Hypoxic

Hypoxic

Badfish

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,137 posts
I've done it with mine on when I first got it so I could visually compare the settings. I'm not sure what the manuals technically may or may not say but I do not think its a problem if done rarely...I wouldn't just be doing it for shits n giggles is what I mean.

OneDayJD

OneDayJD

Esquire

• Registered Upgraded
  • 835 posts

I've done it with mine on when I first got it so I could visually compare the settings. I'm not sure what the manuals technically may or may not say but I do not think its a problem if done rarely...I wouldn't just be doing it for shits n giggles is what I mean.

Thanks, Hypoxic. That's what I needed to know!

Guest_dirtysteve_*

Guest_dirtysteve_*
  • Unregistered / Not Logged In
I just turned mine up yesterday from 50 to 75% without turning it off and all is well!

wzxde

wzxde

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

yes you can adjust it without turn it off,i am an engineer in the electronic ballast factory ,we test the dimming options while it's  plugged in and running.so just do it .nothing will go bad

snoopdog6502

snoopdog6502

The Professor

• Gold Member
  • 11,432 posts

dawill1967

dawill1967

Titties and weed all day.

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,628 posts

Changing the setting while it's on doesn't hurt anything.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users