Snitching

Discussion in 'General' started by riddler2k7, Oct 24, 2013.

1. #21 Boson-H, Oct 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2013
    I don't care about snitching.  I realize that other people are going to do it when it comes down to the nitty gritty, because in all reality their freedom is, to them, (and understandably so) more important than your freedom.  When someone is being questioned by police in jail and are told they just need a few names and then you'll get off with more leniency, the vast majority of people will relay the requested information (Rosenfeld 293). I snitched a few nights ago.  I was waiting for my girlfriend in the parking lot of her job at 1:30A.M.;she was closing the store.  In the parking lot next to our business is a seedy, dirty and cheap Knight's Inn Motel. Well, a big 20xx Dodge Ram comes speeding through the lot and runs right into a work truck, then speeds off hopping the curb and clipping a telephone pole on the way out...so I called the cops!  It's what I would have wanted someone to do for me if my car got hit like that.  They got the guy a few minutes later and I'm assuming he got charged with hit and run and probably DUI or reckless driving or something.

Rosenfeld, Richard N., Snitching and the Code of the Street (2003). The British Journal of Criminology, 43.2, pp. 291-309, 2003. Available at SSRN: http://ssrn.com/abstract=1160801 

2. damn nigguh, you had a bibliography n urrythang.

wanna write my book report for me?

3. So fucking what? Let her feel like she's done something right. I bet if that kid hit your car and ran, you would want a witness, wouldn't you? That's right, you would!

4. #24 Dmt1803, Oct 24, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2013
    i used to be exactly like most of you with the snitching is terrible and all that shit, then i seen 2 guys i knew from school hit an old man his take his key's and made of with his car, i did try and run over but it was all done within seconds, i then waited with the old man until the cops came and then i sung like a fucking canary lmao. p.s i dont give a fuck what you think about me, people that do stuff to innocent people deserve everything they get. 

5. I can't even watch that fucking show. I get salty when these pigs arrest people for the stupidest shit - say, drugs, or prostitution - and then they just have the biggest smirk on their face. Like in their mind they are actually helping people and improving society. Yeah right, you swine, you get a thrill from fucking people and ruining their lives and you don't give a fuck about anything else.

Shit, I'm angry just thinking about it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Snitching usually means if you're in the same situation as someone else and you rat on him to get a lighter sentence/punishment.

But calling the cops cus an old dude got fucked up by some thieves is ok in my book. That's messed up fucking with the innocent

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. No...

Sucks that the dumbass hit a fucking bus, smokes fake weed, and was driving with a suspended license.

8. Not really, I mean as long as I can say someone hit me and ran and the insurance pays for the damages I'm good. And if a car hit me, I wouldn't need a witness cause well I would just call the cops. Unless there is a reason why both parties wouldn't, like the bus driver. If he didn't feel the need to call why should someone outside who has nothing to gain call??

Sent from....... wouldn't you like to know. Probably your mamas house.

9. You would have to pay a deductible out of your pocket.  :poke: 

10. I personally appreciate people trying to do right by their community, I have been involved in several hit and runs (always as the pedestrian) and I wish I had some little old lady to record those shitheads numbers

Toke On!

Her "gain" is reporting a crime with the intent of getting justice for the victim and hopefully stopping a future crime by the same person.

12. ride or die bitch

13. I got a situation that happened to me lets see what yall would do... I was shopping for jeans or something at the mall in JC penny or one of those places, this kid comes in lookin a lil shady, walks right up next to me and starts shoving 1 or 2 pairs of pants into his waistline.. he looks at me, mind you I dont know this kid, and he says laughing "I'm fuckin burnt huh??" 

For me that's the type of situation where I didn't see shit, I'm not gonna alert an employee, I dont give a shit if you steal from a corporation they probably deserve it, and if you get caught you probably deserve it too, but that's none of my business to get involved in.

14. Exactly my man. I'd be like "Hell yeah nigga do ya thang" and move on with my day.

15. This doesn't compare to hit and run though. No one gets hurt in this situation but someone could have gotten hurt with the accident.

True, like I said earlier, in situations where some innocent person was harmed or affected through no fault of their own I don't think theres a zero tolerance, no snitching rule.

I would say if you are involved in something you don't snitch just cause you got caught.. but i did break this rule a little one time..

I got caught slanging because my "homie" snitched on me when he got caught.  Got felonies and probation and fines and classes, it was a nightmare for a few years..

but one time I got woken up by a probation raid and I woke up to 5-6 cops in my bedroom.. they found some weed and shit and started trying to squeeze some info out of me, playing good cop, bad cop saying they would violate my probation unless I gave them something, so I played along and I gave them the name of the guy who snitched on me originally and i was like "yeah he runs shit, thats who you want"  I didnt give them an address or #, just a name...

And they left without violating me, and I dont feel bad about it, fuck that guy lmao

17. No one got hurt in the hit and run. The dude just tapped the bus and his light was broken a little that's all. And the lady didn't do it cause she thought someone was hurt. She said she has nothing to do all day.

Sent from....... wouldn't you like to know. Probably your mamas house.

18. Yeah, that's a situation where I don't give a fuck about. Do as you please lol

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law..

..and take solace in that the old lady doesn't have too many years left. :lol:

20. SO TRUE! Some people just can't mind there own business. It's like they're jealous of you or something and they always try to ruin things... I mean it's not like its gonna hurt her or anyone else.. In fact she might have hurt the kid more than weed would have...