Fan leaves dying and feel like sandpaper

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by limpy L, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Two strains are headband and kandy kush
    FFOF
    bottle spring h2o ph to 6.7-6.9 runoff 5.7-6.2 (waiting for lime to come in to up)
    1 week into flowering
    Have not added nutes since FFOF is hot (now that ph is coming back nutes are going from soil so will start feeding next week)
    Have been in FFOF for 3-4 weeks now

Just this morning leaves started feeling really rough like sand paper. And starting to die. Last watering last night. I am thinking the pants have used the nutes from the soil and or being locked out due to ph being too low. Should I water next time with lime only to get ph up and than start with the nutes or lime and give nutes together or am I way off??

Pics included

Attached Files:

2. The transition, or stretch, is a major growth period for plants and they need plenty of N. Feed a balanced diet and continue to regularly purge your medium.

3. I will feed next watering.. Shoul I add the lime with the feed? Or should I get ph up than feed or fees than next time use lime

4. This should tell you that FFOF is not hot, but is indeed light in nutrition. 3-4 weeks is as far as it will take you. Start feeding her.

5. For the sake of identifying the source of a problem, it's best to not futz with more than one variable at a time. What I mean is either feed or adjust pH, but be careful doing both. Not to say that you shouldn't be watering with pH adjusted water, but be careful adding soil amendments that will cause a longer term pH shift. Try feeding and if the plants do not show improvement within a reasonable time frame (my plants have usually recovered from nitrogen deficiency in veg phase within 3-4 days at the most), then try adjusting pH of your soil.

Be sure that you are testing water runoff from your soil instead of using a soil spike pH monitor. Some people swear to get stable readings from them, but I have had very mixed results using them. A decent pH test kit for the range most growers operate within is available at most pet/aquarium stores for about $6-7.

6. Thank you all..

I will follow your advice.

I will feed here next 1/3 strength FF suggested dosage since my ph has been coming up since last week. If not next watering I will lime them if not seeing a change in the runoff