hallucinations while smoking?

Discussion in 'General' started by zebracakes, Oct 23, 2013.

1. my first few times i smoked i got strong visuals. Im not sure if you would call them hallucinations but i consider them to be close enough

that's with your eyes closed that's not a hallucination.

3. I beg to differ.

4. #45 SiriusWolff, Oct 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2013

The definition of a hallucination is the perception of something that isn't there. I can do amazing CEV visuals sober or during meditation. That doesn't mean it's a hallucination.

I was considered schizophrenic for a few months by my doctors. I went into very very intense discussion about my hallucinations and such. Even though i had other voices in my head besides my own i didn't qualify as schizophrenic or as true hallucinations. It takes alot to classify as a true hallucination by medical standards.

If i can see/hear things and it not be defined as a true hallucination by several Ph.d's i highly doubht your CEV would count.

5. whenever im pretty high  and i close my eyes when im goin to sleep i tend to see stuff. shit the first time i got high i saw a whole factory makin the music i was listening to in my head. it was crazy. 

6. Could we please post the def of a real hallucination?

It's when you see something that IS NOT THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Something that DOES NOT EXIST!! and you perceive it as real. that is a fucking hallucination.

What you are all seeing is distortion. This is when you see things out of the corner of your eye or your visual perception is distorted and see things slightly skewed

Unless you're seeing a fucking pink elephant or a tree talking t o you like in pocahantas you're not hallucinating.

this is coming from someone with a psychotic disorder. A real hallucination is something you see and think is real when it doesn't exist.

7. #48 High-Function, Oct 26, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2013
    Yeah, exactly. When I close my eyes I see things that aren't there. Unless you are somehow claiming that there is a very real and tiny tessellation in my eyes/brain???

Hallucinations don't have to be with open eyes. You don't even understand the word or concept, unless it has to do with some fucking talking tree elephant. Not every hallucination has to be full peak tripping, bro.

8. One time, everything had this wavy vibrato effect for a few seconds. Does that count.

9. Yes. Not like others but yes.

10. yes i have much experience with "real" tripping, yet after a big enough bowl with a low enough tolerance i can have quite strong visual distortions such as tunnel vision and strange depth perception.
    Although it is quite tame compared to what else is out there...

11. #52 bushKong, Oct 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2013
    Yea it def affects some kind of perception and I was thinking I kinda contradict myself bc I was like fuck no it doesn't make you hallucinate!! But a week ago I was telling my girl, who doesn't smoke, that I know Im really high Im smoking... And it starts to affect my vision lol...Plus sometimes I b high in awkward situations and not b feeling awkward bc I'm high and make it more awkward.. Lol.. Soo yea lol stoned right nowSent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile appEDIT: AND when you're sober and close your eyes it's black ofc bc you're eyelids.. But when u high and close your eyes it's bright as hell wit whatever your mind want lol

12. Yes... yes I have good sir.

13. What you smokin?

Fuck yo presents!

14. Contrary to popular belief it is completely possible to hallucinate with marijuana. It doesnt happen often and you need a large dose to do it but it is possible although not so much with smoking but more with really large doses of edibles. The book "The Hasheesh Eater" is all about just this, not too mention there have been countless trip reports of people eating way too many edibles and experiencing effects close to low doses of unmentionables.

Sent from Eric Forman's basement, Point Place Wisconsin

15. Yeah it's definitely possible and anyone who says it isn't clearly has not smoked enough marijuana lol. CEVs though not OEVs. It happens to me every time I smoke simply because I only smoke 2 days a month and it is a lot of weed that I smoke haha. No tolerance + high mids + lots of weed = CEV

16. I think people that hallucinate on weed have never actually tripped so they think its some big thing

17. my first post !
    I agree with you to some extent but never underestimate weed as a hallucinogen, things really start to get wacky after your 2nd edible (or 3rd if your fearless), especially with your eyes closed lying down hehe

18. Disagree. I've tripped several times on several different things....of course marijuana's hallucinations are nothing like the others. It's not a trip. It's mild-moderate CEV's.

19. Marijuana is a slight hallucinogen but only slightly lol are you talking major hallucination or just mild?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Grasscity Forum mobile app