Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What to do with 50 Grams of stems?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Shkipper, Oct 23, 2013.

1. maybe some tea and other edibles, a few things, butter and stuff

2. I appreciate all the posts guys! I am leaning towards ISO hash. Still haven't gotten much opinion on Butter as opposed to Vegetable oil.

If I were to do edibles would stems work better in Oil or Butter

3. In terms of extracting every last bit I can

4. I've never seen 99% where I live, but I can get 92% ISO just about anywhere

5. Either one, but oil might be a little easier.  Coconut oil like someone said is a good choice, there's a recipe in this forum you can use.

6. This guy is crazy. ACETONE?? I know I dont want all those byproducts in what im smokin. No matter what you make with this wether its edibles or oil its not gonna have the greatest taste and may be harsh. You will end up having to choke down some nasty tasting food or hack your lungs out from extracting into oil. Thats the downside to stems. As I suggested above capsules would be tbe way to go. No taste and you still get the effects. Make sure and research what you are doing. If you listen to these guys your gonna end up getting sick from using solvents.

7. I'm right with you man. ISO hash can taste a little weird, but I am not doing anything out of the ordinary or crazy sounding!

I don't think I'll get enough hash for 4 people, so I'm doing brownies.

Still deciding between oil and butter, will probably just make a decision if nobody argues with me about it! :p lol

• Like Like x 1
  8. Butter unless you have coconut oil.

9. You freeze them, then kief that shit

10. I made about 2 hits worth of hash off of just a few grams of stems. You could probably make a good amount of hash with all those stems. I did it the iso method.

Decarbing should be done on anything you are planning to use for edibles.

Decarbing is BEFORE you cook with the stems.  You want to change the Thca to Thc.

12. Butter Deffo butter I made some firecrackers the other day. I made them with Nutella in stead of peanut butter, since Nutella doesn't have that much saturated fat I put a teaspoon of butter to two teaspoons of Nutella and interestingly the Nutella with butter, made me ten times higher than the usual peanut butter method I use. I know you can't make fire crackers with stem, so I suggest u make the thc butter, oil I tried making brownies once with oil not so good It didn't work the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

13. No, stems are not useless. Use them with some shake and make cannabutter. Then make cookies. Just did this a week ago. Stems have trichomes on them. They taste like crap to smoke, but they make good edibles.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. #36 Afghancamel, Oct 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2013
    To get the most out of 50g of stems:

Throw them in a pot of boiling water along with a house brick. Bring the pot back to a simmer.

Continuously simmer (topping up the pot when required from time to time) until the brick is soft enough to eat.

Remove the brick from the pot and put aside to cool.

While waiting for the brick to cool, discard the stems and water in an environmentally friendly way.

When brick has cooled sufficiently to allow easy handling, slice into even portions and serve with a side salad.

Serves: 8

15. I'd use all of it and make cannabutter, then make some brownies or cookies, or put it on your toast, the possibilities are endless :D